Profile for Binks > Reviews

Content by Binks

Binks

Lonely Planet Pocket Barcelona (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Pocket Barcelona (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this guide, 29 May 2014
I normally like Lonely Planet guides, however the Pocket Barcelona guide is poor in many aspects. The fold out map doesn't cover enough Barcelona. The metro map is far too small. Neither me or my husband could use it even when we wore our glasses! We used the metro map that came with our 4 day travel tickets. You can send off for these in advance, which is handy advice I found out from the internet, but is not in the book.

The opening times for a number of popular attractions are wrong. Luckily I looked them up online before going and wrote the correct times into the guide. The small maps a slightly useful, otherwise I would have given it one star.

We ended up using an app guide (Ulmon) that I had previously downloaded and the free map from the hotel.

I did use the guide to help plan out itinerary, but could have done this solely from the internet. If you want to buy a guide, don't buy this one.

Caldura 17 litre Compact Mini Fridge (White)
Caldura 17 litre Compact Mini Fridge (White)
Offered by Savers UK Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I hoped, 11 April 2013
Bought this for work as it is small enough to fit in our tiny office. However it doesn't get very cold at all. It's fine on the whole but only just keeps things cool enough even when turned on full. I've yet to see if it can cope with summer when it arrives.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 11, 2013 4:56 PM BST

Homecraft 76cm/ 30-inch Long Handi-Reacher
Homecraft 76cm/ 30-inch Long Handi-Reacher

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 11 April 2013
Needs only the lightest movement to grip an object so highly suitable for someone with limited mobility. Concealed magnet is also very useful for picking up pins etc.

London's Hidden Walks: Volume 1 (Explore London)
London's Hidden Walks: Volume 1 (Explore London)
by Stephen Millar

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Book!, 20 Feb 2012
I have done three of the walks so far. Two with my husband and another with my adult daughter. We all thoroughly enjoyed them.

Having lived in London all our lives we were still surprised at many of the places we visited. We just didn't know they were there. The walks make for a great day out.

Take your own map for a more detailed route though.