Profile for Ros France > Reviews

Content by Ros France

Ros France (South West France)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Body Snatchers (S.F. Masterworks)
The Body Snatchers (S.F. Masterworks)
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Still a good read despite being dated., 21 July 2013
A very macho read - big strong men guarding weak little women from body snatching aliens - good fun read and an accidental peak at cultural attitudes in the 1950s

File Expert
File Expert
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little programme, 21 July 2013
This review is from: File Expert (App)
This helped me get the very addictive Candy Crush Saga on my Kindle Fire. Thank you for saving my sanity lol

Road to Yesterday (Children's continuous series)
Road to Yesterday (Children's continuous series)
by L. M. Montgomery
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice finale to the Anne series, 21 July 2013
I've read and re-read all of the Anne books. Anne does not feature in this but gets many mentions - a nice round off as we imagine Anne & Gilbert Blythe with grandchildren.

Barbie Sisters Wave Ride
Barbie Sisters Wave Ride
Offered by net_price_direct
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A hit as a present for a 3 year old., 21 July 2013
This review is from: Barbie Sisters Wave Ride (Toy)
My friend's daughter loves playing with this in her bath, but the mother is not so pleased as Ellie is now on a i-want-more Barbies consumer frenzy!

Bols Creme de Cacao Brown Chocolate Liqueur 50cl
Bols Creme de Cacao Brown Chocolate Liqueur 50cl
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, 21 July 2013
Perfect for Brandy Alexanders - two shots of this, thick double cream, 1 shot finest cognac shaken with ice and poured into cocktail glass then sprinkled with chocolate shavings and cinnamon - wonderous!

Weird Park: Broken Tune
Weird Park: Broken Tune
Price: 0.63

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed - plays part way through then demands more money, 21 July 2013
This review is from: Weird Park: Broken Tune (App)
have bought good full length games for same money - felt totally ripped off when, after some 20 minutes of play, I could not get any further without dispensing more cash.

The Book of Night Women
The Book of Night Women
by Marlon James
Price: 7.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, shaming, profoundly disturbing, 18 July 2013
This is a really excellent book, possibly one of the best books I have read in the past decade. When I read the description and realised it was written in patois I thought I might find this a difficult read. Not so at all, beautifully written and so easy to get into the rhythm & cadence of the language. The story follows the life of Lilith, a slave girl on a Jamaican sugar plantation at the turn of the 19th century. Lilith's story is brutal, harrowing and led me to go on to read histories of the slave trade and more specifically of the Caribbean - sadly and shockingly all of the treatments meted out to the fictional Lilith and her fellow slaves are based on documented accounts of cruelty - the slave trade was truly a holocaust which lasted over 200 years, shameful.

Can You Escape
Can You Escape
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good thinking fun, not too easy but not ridiculously hard, 24 Jun 2013
This review is from: Can You Escape (App)
My only complaint is that there are only 10 levels, which makes it far, far too short. I was done and dusted within a few hours

The Back Road
The Back Road
Price: 2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay, passed the time, nothing more, 26 May 2013
This review is from: The Back Road (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this book due to the large number of 5 star reviews, but was very disappointed. I can't put my finger on exactly what was missing for me - the plot was okay but I had worked out the ending pretty much before I was 25% through the book, I can't say that the author made me care particularly much about any of the characters, and I felt the book dragged quite badly in places. It wasn't badly written, it was just okay, average, nothing special. I wish I could be more constructive - sorry.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2013 6:14 PM BST

What Have I Done? (No Greater Love)
What Have I Done? (No Greater Love)
Price: 1.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Rambling - did not finish, 10 Mar 2013
I bought this book on the strength of all the glowing reviews, then wondered if I was reading a different book. I persevered until the 14% mark then gave up due to complete boredom. For me this could have been a compelling, gripping story but it was totally spoiled by the long rambling dialogue.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4