Profile for E. Tokens > Reviews

Content by E. Tokens

E. Tokens "The Pattern Diva" (London)

To Die For: Is Fashion Wearing Out the World?
To Die For: Is Fashion Wearing Out the World?

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and informative read, 5 Nov. 2014
Very interesting and informative read. A variety of ideas are discussed and it has certainly lead me to think more about each garment purchase I make and whether it has a right to be in my wardrobe. More importantly, it has helped me think more sustainable within my design profession!Thank you Lucy Siegel!!

Life After Life
Life After Life

5.0 out of 5 stars really enjoyable, 14 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Life After Life (Kindle Edition)
Kate Atkinson has written something quite impressive here, I could handle put the book down! It will stay with you long after the book is finished and say on your shelf..

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Christmas present that went down well!, 9 Jan. 2010
Got these for my 5yr old nephew. He loves them. And the trumps are good for his number recognition etc!

Exspect What Ever It Takes Leather iPod Touch 2G Slip Case - Paul Smith - Black
Exspect What Ever It Takes Leather iPod Touch 2G Slip Case - Paul Smith - Black
Offered by gadgetsville

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic iTouch protector!, 9 Jan. 2010
I ordered this for my 2G iTouch as i was fed up with the type that open of from the screen, leaving the case still attached. Not exactly convenient for game play. This pouch works differently! It has a very good design feature, a strap which is built into the iTouch and has a tab on the back exterior. This you pull to ease your iTouch out rather than turning the pouch upside down and the iTouch falling out!Fit is good, but could be tighter... I have on one occasion picked up the pouch upside down without realising and the iTouch fell half out. It's also very stylish... i get a lot of comments on it! The only other thing buyers should be aware of, the headphone hole is big enough to take the normal jack of headphones similar to the ones apple supply, but if you have the 'L' shaped jack or the kind where the jack gets thicker after plugged in, you have to put on the music you want to listen to and then plug the headphones in once the iTouch is in the pouch!

Awake [DVD] (2007)
Awake [DVD] (2007)
Dvd ~ Hayden Christensen
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh my word..., 4 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Awake [DVD] (2007) (DVD)
I was going to right a ridiculously bad review of this film which i just watched on dvd... but i see many others have left amazingly bad reviews, so i leave it too them to tell you the truth... I'll just add this though.. Biggest waste of my money on a dvd... EVER!!!

Wii Fit Travel Storage Case (Wii)
Wii Fit Travel Storage Case (Wii)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for what it does., 17 Sept. 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This storage case for the Wii Fit is perfect for it's job. Lightly padded, the Wii fit fits nicely inside and is comfy on the back.

Digital Fashion Illustration
Digital Fashion Illustration
by Kevin Tallon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 17 Sept. 2009
This book is a necessary tool for anyone considering a career in Fashion design. Lovely examples of work and step by step tutorials which start off relatively easy and progress in difficulty as you move through the book. Highly recommended!

Patternmaking for Fashion Design
Patternmaking for Fashion Design
by Helen Joseph Armstrong

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh My Word!!!, 27 Nov. 2008
Like the review title, Oh My Word!

I am a very enthusiastic Fashion Student. I have many, many books on pattern cutting which is my passion, but none have compared in the slightest to this! Where Winifred Aldrich gives you step by step guidance on blocks and tries to assist with the manipulation of the blocks, Helen Joseph Armstrong takes you a thousand steps further, showing you how to do one design, and giving you three more design ideas for self-study, truly enabling you to be as creative and experimental as you wish!

I had thought this could be a great Christmas gift from someone, but all that I mentioned it to, winced at the price 'for a book'! I would like to say, money VERY well spent.

This will take pride of place on my design table!

by Hilary Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for learning the basics!, 11 Oct. 2008
Designing Patterns - A Fresh Approach to Pattern Cutting (Fashion & Design)

When I first started a BTEC in pattern cutting, I had very little idea, and this book helped a lot with it's simple lay out and directions. Money well spent!