Profile for Ryan Cawsey > Reviews

Content by Ryan Cawsey

Ryan Cawsey "kindle lover" (Wales (UK))

Page: 1 | 2
Otterbox DEFENDER SERIES Protection Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - Black
Otterbox DEFENDER SERIES Protection Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars The best case for this device on the market. - Functional, Practical, and business design feel., 5 April 2015
What can I say, yet another stunning piece of kit from OtterBox. The superb design of this case really does maximise protection from drops, bumps, and scratches.

Despite being so rugged and protective, you still get all the functionality the device can provide, and I find that this case is a must have for the likes of me who are scared of dropping or breaking the device. That said the device itself is 100% compression resistant and also very torsion resistant, so this case just goes on to aid that.

The only reason I have dropped a star is, I'd like to see this case waterproof, I cannot find any functional waterproof cases for this device, and I think there is a market for it. Also there is no protection over the fingerprint scanner/home button, on the griffin survivor cases for the iphone 6/6+ there is a home button cover which still allows full use of the touchID, so that is something I'd like to see improved.

Customer service is brilliant. I found that my outer silicone layer of the case was becoming worn on the inside of the flaps, so I went through the warranty claim site, and lo and behold, within 5 days, I had a brand new case on my doorstep.

RAF Stable belt (Large up to 44 inches)
RAF Stable belt (Large up to 44 inches)
Offered by tactical supplies ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 27 July 2014
This belt is the real deal, it is exactly what it says on the tin, and for the price is an absolute bargain. I bought this for myself as I am an air cadet, the quality is great can't find a better deal on the internet.

Poetic Google Nexus 7 2nd Gen Case [TURTLE SKIN Series] - Rugged Silicone Case for Google Nexus 7 2nd Gen 2013 Black (3-Year Manufacturer Warranty from Poetic)
Offered by Smart Shop Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than it even appears!, 19 May 2014
This item arrived really quickly, before it's due date, and it is amazing. you might get the impression from the pictures that the buttons are left uncovered, but there is actually a cover over them with raised buttons. all the cut outs fit exactly, and the tablet fits snug with no movement, the quality is very high. the edges are really nice, they raise your edges so that a drop should not damage your device. add a screen protector with this and you have got complete 360 degree protection, I probably would not recommend leaving this in the sun, it is the sort of material that will probably expand or melt. Great buy, definitely recommend!

MOFRED® Black New Google Nexus 7 2 II Tablet (Launched July 2013) Smart Slim Case-MOFRED® Executive Multi Function Case with Built-in Magnet for Sleep / Wake feature for the Google Nexus 7 II-2nd Generation Tablet 16GB or 32GB,+Screen Protector + Stylus Pen (Available in Mutiple Colors) (Black-Trifold)
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very impressed!, 19 May 2014
I received the product on time, so thumbs up there. The screen protector was rubbish and did not fit properly, it was also of very poor quality. The stylus is just as good as any other touch screen stylus, it is accurate, and soft on the screen. The case does perform the sleep/wake feature, but it is really poorly made, the plastic is cheap and when I received it, it was cracked around the edges (Perhaps in transit) The stand works ok, although needs to be bent a wiggled at the creases just to loosen them up, the magnets work ok, but the front cover does slide around a little, and sometimes it comes off quite easily. I have since scraped the screen protector and bought one from another seller, and have just received a new case from another seller. I would not really recommend this product, it is far worth spending a few more quid on something a lot better. I have used this product for about 2-3 months or so now, and have given up, I recommend buying the poetic turtle skin rugged case (£14.95) And also you can buy a variety of stylus and screen protectors on amazon as well.

Fosmon® Motorola Moto G / Motorola DVX (HYBO-SNAP) Full-Body Hybrid Protective Case Cover with Built-In Screen Protector - Fosmon Retail Packaging (Black)
Offered by theWireless USA

3.0 out of 5 stars It is not too bad for the money!, 5 April 2014
Not a great experience really, It took near 2 months to arrive because 1 got lost in the mail. when mine came, the screen protector was of really bad quality, I since removed it. Also there is a piece of the case that is thin from wear or something. As mentioned in another review there is a gap on the volume button side, but it is a cheaper alternitive to an otterbox. the good thing is that it fits reasonably well all the ports etc are in the right place, it adds all round protection so a definite good buy. Looks good, apart fom the annoyance of the branding on the back. I definitely recommend this and removing the screen protector and buying a normal protector. To remove it just cut out the centre then peel the rest away from the adhesive.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars It fits I suppose., 28 Mar. 2014
Not the same ones advertised in the photo, although it does ft on the nexus 7 2013 so that is good, I got it on with 0 bubbles. The cloths are not very good they remind me of dried out wet wipes, they are cheap yellow things and I would not use them on your screen it will probably scratch it, definitely not micro fibre. The packaging it came in was for an ipad mini although it was nexus 7 protectors I got. It came very early as well, which is a bonus. Would have been nice to have got an applicator card inside, but it did not come with one so I had to use a piece of card to smooth the bubbles out. Fits nicely, not a bad product by any means and definitely a bargain compared to the £4.99 you would pay on the highstreet for just 1 attempt, (unless your skilled like me and get it on first time perfect).

SAMRICK - Pack of 2 - Motorola Moto G & Motorola Moto G 4G - Transparent Screen Protector/Film/Foil (3 Layer Technology) & Microfibre Cloth
Offered by Aero Communication Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars It will do...., 6 Feb. 2014
The protectors came they are cheap quality (Cannot complain at £1) they are slightly to small for the bezel but they do have the holes in the correct places they just leave a small gap. It drains the colour slightly but has a nice texture to it, slightly rougher than a screen, it feels like a matte screen protector, my only real complaint is that it is a bit too small, oh well.

iZKA® - Tesco HUDL Universal Tablet 7 inch USB Wired Keyboard Bycast Leather Case - Flip Stand Case / Cover - Automatically Wakes and Sleep Function + Stylus Pen Touch Screen Pen for Tesco HUDL 7" inch Tablet + (OTG Cable)
Offered by IZKA

2.0 out of 5 stars Falsely advertised, and damaged., 4 Jan. 2014
I recieved the product from my friends account and I opened the box to find that the shift key is broken off and I have had to stick it onand it works badly. the keyboard is a bluetooth not wired as advertized and it does not come with the free stylus pen as advertised. I am quite dissapointed with this product the case is different to the pictures, it does come with the OTG cable although you dont need it. the keyboard and case are good but the fact that it is damaged and is falsely advertised and you do not get part of the product (the stylus) is rather dissapointingone thing to know is that this is not designed specifically for the hudl, it is universal 7 to 8"the keyboard also has a magnet to attatch to the case so it is detachable also. I gave this a two star rating but if it was fixed it would have 3.5 if not 4 star rating because it is good value for money it is just the shift key that is now very annoying.

Building Your Book for Kindle for Mac
Building Your Book for Kindle for Mac

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful book, 4 Jan. 2013
I found this book useful I will use it as a guide to create a new book of my own

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon have hit the jackpot with this!, 12 Dec. 2012
For myself an a lot of other people, choosing a mid-ranged tablet was between the google nexus 7 and the Kindle Fire HD. After reading the specs and watching various video reviews and comparisons it was blatantly obvious I would choose the Kindle Fire HD due to its stunning HD display and incredible sound quality plus its amazon content capabillities. I recenntly watched the gadget show comparing the device to the ipad, now I dont think perhaps this is an ipad killer necesarily, but definately around the same quality (but obviously apples main area is tech) and I agree with the gadget show which gave the ipad and kindle both 4G's. Some people may have seen the kindle fire HD and noticed its very large bezel well I can assure you when you have it hands on i isn't as big as it looks, and the bezel does have a use, apart from storing all the inernal hardware kindles main use is for books mags and videos and so the large bezel has hand holding built in mind, its is moderately light and it feels comforable to hold (although I recomend buying a case even the good ones wit the strap). On the whole I really love this device and at its low price point it isn;t doing to bad definately if you cant afford an ipad this is the kind of heir to throne type of device definately worth the money!

My only negative point is that it does lack a physical home button (and that is probably because Im used to using apple products) I find it awkward to have to fiddle around and tap on the screen to get home but you eventually get used to the idea so it is easy to work around and is definately an adaptable device o any one persons needs!

Page: 1 | 2