Profile for Jonathan Fairley > Reviews

Jonathan Fairley

PSN CARD 35 GBP WALLET TOP UP  [Online Game Code]
PSN CARD 35 GBP WALLET TOP UP [Online Game Code]
Price: 34.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Solved the monstrosity that is the PSN card payment system!, 28 May 2014
Came here after countless hours of PSN telling me that my credit card information was invalid which it wasn't they're just extremely pedantic! Anyway, after thinking I could never make a purchase on the store again I arrived here and I must say it is fantastic! Don't be alarmed if your code doesn't come through instantly, Amazon quotes 2-4 hours as a possibility however mine came through within 5 minutes of ordering! Probably the best way of topping up your virtual wallet especially if like me you've decided that Sony are just too incompetent to have you card details! MUST BUY!!!!

Panasonic SC-HTB20EB-K 240w Soundbar
Panasonic SC-HTB20EB-K 240w Soundbar
Price: 167.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing bit of kit for the money but definitely not perfect!, 19 July 2013
Over the last few weeks I've grown sick of the tinny speakers inside of my TV, they just didn't provide the experience I was looking for so I decided, why spend so much money on blu-ray movies, music and games to not be able to enjoy them to their full potential? This is where the Panasonic comes in!

I went for this product for a couple of reasons, the main ones would be price, flexibility and audio quality! At nearly 170 for a quality system you certainly can't grumble, especially when there are others that cost 200 upwards and provide inferior flexibility and audio performance, so its definitely value for money! By flexibility I mean of course that you can use the Panasonic in two ways, either as a soundbar and subwoofer or a 2.1 separate speaker system (my preference), this was a major selling point for me as I love having the option of both and its so easy to change between the two making it a brilliant idea! Especially if you're like me and don't necessarily have a lot of under the TV space or like other who have reviewed if it blocks the remote controls receiver just simply use it as two separate speakers! Audio performance was the last reason I chose this product, out of all the under 200 soundbars and 2.1 systems the Panasonic kept flagging up as having great sound quality as seen in other reviews so I was confident it was going to be great! Now that I've had it a few days I can say that the quality is excellent now, I'm no audiophile or pro audio technician, I'm just a normal person and to me, the performance of this product exceeds what the price tag suggests! When you first get it set up the Panasonic might strike you as slight bass heavy but fear not, the provided remote control allows you to tweak bass levels from a range of 1-4, you also get the same option with dialogue levels which is great if you have it turned down at night but still want to hear people speaking clearly so you can adjust this also! At the moment I have my bass level on 2 and my dialogue on 3 which to me sounds like the sweet spot for the system! As for general audio performance once the levels have been adjusted, the bass isn't bloated but very strong and tight, the treble is just touching sparkly and the midrange is tuned up nicely also, for the money, you really can't complain as its a definite improvement over ANY TV speaker I've ever heard, you'll be amazed!

The only downside I have with this system hence the 4 stars, is the lack of a proper display, what I mean by this is when you're adjusting things like bass, dialogue or volumes levels there is nothing to show you any numbers, instead you're left with three lights on the subwoofer front, for bass an dialogue it isn't too bad as they only go between 1-4 so when the level is at only the first light flashes, when its at 2 the first and second light flash, for 3 the second and third one flash and for 4 only the third flashes so it isn't too complicated when you get used to it! Volume however is a completely different story, systems can go from 0-100 but you get no indication on either your TV or the sub as to what level it's on which leaves you counting how many times you've pressed the volume button and seen the lights flash to indicate whether its gone up or down! Obviously this isn't the end of the world but it would have been a welcome addition but unfortunately knocks it down a star!

Overall,the Panasonic is a,axing value for money and is great for those who don't want to break the bank for good sound quality or just simply don't have the room to accommodate a 5.1 or 7.1 systems, as a customer I am extremely pleased with both the performance of the product as an overall package the the quick service from Amazon, would recommend this to anyone!

PLEASE NOTE: THE PRODUCT DOES NOT COME PACKAGED WITH AN HDMI OR OPTICAL CABLE, IF YOUR TV SUPPORTS HDMI(ARC) YOU WILL ONLY NEED ONE HMDI CABLE, IF IT DOES NOT, PURCHASE AN HDMI AND OPTICAL CABLE TOGETHER. I RECOMMEND THE XO DIGITAL OPTICAL CABLE AND THE AMAZONBASICS HDMI.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2013 3:48 PM BST

XO Digital Optical Cable 2m / 2 Metre Premium Install Series - suitable for PS3, Sky, Sky HD, LCD, LED, Plasma, Blu-ray, Home Cinema Systems, AV Amps
Offered by HDCentral
Price: 10.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product & great service!, 19 July 2013
Ordered this cable as the home cinema I bought required one, disgraceful that they don't supply them but nonetheless I went for this! So far I can't complain with its performance, the audio quality with the cable is superb and at the price it was definitely great value for money! I couldn't decide which length to get either but 2m turned out to be just right, I have more than enough wire left if I want to change things around and it fits perfectly where it is at the moment! Service was great also, ordered early morning on the 15th July and it arrived on the 16th! Fantastic service on HDCentral's and Amazon's part however DPD the courier had problems so it came 4 hours late! Overall, a great product and will recommend to anyone looking for a cable that won't break the bank but provides the same performance as similar cables that cost +!