Profile for Sandro M. > Reviews

Content by Sandro M.

Sandro M. (Colchester, UK)

Jaybird Bluebuds X Bluetooth In-Ear Earphones Midnight Black BBX
Jaybird Bluebuds X Bluetooth In-Ear Earphones Midnight Black BBX
Offered by Sports and Outdoor Chain
Price: 112.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Going wireless for good, 6 Feb 2014
My first bluetooth in-ears was a pair of Sony DR-BT20NX back in 2008.
An amazing product at that time but with some rough edges as maximum
bluetooth range and mic audio quality/range. Still I used them daily for 3 years
until they broke apart from excessive usage.

Finding a replacement wasn't easy but these Jaybird got my attention because
they seem to be much smaller than Plantronics BackBeat GO while having a much
better battery life. Such a win-win situation was a no-brainer for me so I ordered them.

Once I received the Jaybird Bluebuds I was impressed by the packaging and quality of
the product itself. These in-ear look premium, from the quality of the
materials (wires and control) to the clever microUSB charging location.

Pros:
-Battery life
While I was sceptical about the battery life it is really amazing how do they run for so
many hours on a single charge.

-Wireless range
Unlike other bluetooth headsets I tried, the Jaybirds really have an impressive wireless
range giving me whole house wireless coverage. SignalPlus™ as Jaybird describes really
makes a difference here.

-Sound quality (mic also)
Sound quality is good in the range of in-ear sound quality type. The mic is also good but
when I am in central London at rush time the person on the other side of the line suffers
a bit. In very noisy environments the only way is to switch to the phone's built in mic and
clever noise-cancelling systems.

Cons:
-Earbuds
Earbuds tend to pop out, specially is you are running. Since I couldn't get used to the
plastic attachments that come with the in-ears I got a pack of
"Comply Tx-500 Isolation PLUS Earphone Tips" as Amazon suggests. These foam tips
expand to fit perfectly to your ears blocking most of the external noise of the street while
fixing the Jaybirds to your ears perfectly. In many situations the noise blocking provided by
the Comply TX-500 works best than my other in-ears (Sony active noise-cancelling
MDR-NC100).

-Wire noise when running
When running the wire hits your neck making a uncomfortable noise in your ears. I haven't
found a solution for this yet but a small clip might solve not only this but the following issue.

-Very easy to lose
The first days were a nightmare. After spending 100+ in a pair of in-ears the last thing you
want is to lose them. Since they are so small they are very easy to lose when you take your
jacket as you do not even feel them. The only solution I found is to put them under the jumper
when not in use. A clip, as someone also suggests in one of these Amazon reviews, might be
the solution.

Anker Battery Charger and Data Sync Cradle / Desktop Docking Station with Spare Battery Charging Slot and USB port for Samsung Galaxy S II S2 GT-I9100

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect docking station for your desk, 25 Nov 2011
This docking station has everything you can ask.
The mobile stays in a good angle and you can use it while in the dock.
The device can be charged through the charger provided or an USB port from your computer.
Please be aware that the charging is always performed in [USB mode] which means that it will charge slowly.

The mobile fits very tight in the dock and there is no chance to use any kind of cover, not even "Invisible Shield" which I found the hard way.
Removing the mobile from the dock requires some special care as you have to remove it pulling upwards not to break the usb conector at the bottom of the mobile. On the back of the docking station there is a useful spare battery charging slot (extra battery not included).

This docking station is a good value for money and I would happy to recommend it to a friend.

Made for Samsung' SAMGS2CCBL metal look Case - black - Galaxy S2 i9100'
Made for Samsung' SAMGS2CCBL metal look Case - black - Galaxy S2 i9100'

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite efficient as a protective case, 4 Oct 2011
Disadvantages:
1. Leaves the top and bottom of the phone unprotected.
2. The phone slides like crazy in tables, car, etc.
3. Does not provide much shock impact as the material is hard plastic.

There are however several important advantages over silicone skins.
1. The device stays significantly cooler when charging and playing games compared with silicone skins.
2. Much easier to put and remove from the pocket because it slides much easier (can be a disadvantage also).
3. Keeps the thin and clean look of the device.

This might be useful for SOME (not the original) docking stations but in the end the protective effect is not there.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 27, 2011 7:35 PM GMT

Crucial CTFDDAC128MAG-1G1 2.5-inch Solid State Drive (128GB,Real SSD,C300,SATA 6GB/S)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond Fast, 25 April 2011
I bought this drive as a replacement after my super speedy mechanical 500GB HDD left me unexpectedly towards support centre to solve bad sector problems. After that I no longer felt safe using a laptop unless it was fully static and in a solid desk. The move to an SSD was unavoidable for full peace of mind. After a few hours of forums, reviews and the essential tomshardware visit, Crucial was the obvious choice but one question still remained...size. Please remember that I came from a 500GB HDD where I struggled to fit all my data. I soon understood that carrying all my digital life with me was no longer possible without a spending a lot of money. I learned that in order to move to an SSD a new file management strategy was to be adopted. My whole digital photo collection and videos were to stay at home. If I really want to carry them on my laptop I just copy reduced resolution versions (1 MegaPixel) which is enough for fast preview on the move.
Returning to the SSD size selection. 256GB is too expensive, 64GB is too small and much slower that the bigger versions...128GB is the sweet spot. Moving from a 500GB to a 128GB obviously forced me to buy an external hard drive for home storage (in my case I went for a 2.5in 1TB USB3.0) and to introduce an improved backup strategy. This would be a nice idea for Amazon to explore (a bundle of an SDD + huge HDD for home storage).

After the OS installation the speed improvements were far beyond the booting time.
Everyone knows that booting times are significantly reduced and that does not surprise new buyers anymore.
As a Dropbox user with 25000 files to be checked at startup my previous hard drive would require from 30 to 60 seconds before letting me open a browser or any other thing without struggling. With this SSD you don't even notice that there is heavy file action undergoing. Things just open smoothly. Numerous other activities are way faster than before such as: Windows Updates, Simultaneous file copies and zipping operations, unnoticed file fragmentation due to multiple simultaneous downloads (especially in P2P), opening multiple programs at the same time, video editing.

Overall, this was by far the best upgrade I ever made to a computer.

Belkin iPod / iPhone Sync & Charge cable, White
Belkin iPod / iPhone Sync & Charge cable, White
Price: 8.13

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the original, 24 Feb 2011
I should start with an important statement: "I am far from an Apple fan boy"
I do not have any Apple product and this cable was bought for a member of the family.

Belkin is known to me as a quality manufacturer but this cable is far from good for the money they ask for.
The problem here is just the plug that connects to the iphone.
While the original Apple charging cable has a plug build from a single piece of plastic, the Belkin version (as most of the non official charging cables) is built from two pieces of plastic around the metal part. As a result, this cable worked for 1 month before the plastic parts separated from the metal plug leaving me with the metal plug with the wiring uncovered in one hand and the plastic parts on the other hand.

Use this cable gently of buy the original cable from Apple.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 4, 2011 11:04 PM GMT

Sanyo Eneloop AA 4 Pack AAA Pack
Sanyo Eneloop AA 4 Pack AAA Pack
Offered by iCell Media
Price: 13.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Ready when you need them, 24 Feb 2011
These batteries hold the charge for long and can be stored charged so that they are ready when you really need them. This is useful for low power devices (tv remote control) or medium powered devices with occasional use such as bike lights or emergency lights.
Due to it's smaller capacity compared with the latest rechargeable batteries, these batteries are not the best option for intensive use of RC toys such as electric cars or helicopters.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a those with long journeys (or nights out), 24 Feb 2011
This portable perfume atomiser is small enough to be carried in any pocket.
Its capacity is enough for a weekend such that you don't need to carry the whole bottle.
If you use soft perfumes that fade away fast, this atomiser is the perfect choice for you.

Dell SP2309W 23 - inch Widecreen Flat Panel
Dell SP2309W 23 - inch Widecreen Flat Panel

5.0 out of 5 stars Massive Resolution, 16 Dec 2010
I bought this monitor after many weeks of research for high resolution monitors.
The main goal was maximum resolution in the smallest screen size (highest dpi ratio).

Pros:
-Price
-Resolution
-Size
-Controls
-Inputs (HDMI/DVI/VGA)
-Convenient USB hub
-Superb Webcam and Mic array
-Look and Style

Cons:
-No 5.1 sound output when sound is received via HDMI. No sound output for cinema sound systems.
-Option soundbar it not recommended for watching movies.

I would buy it again and recommend this to my friends.

Alfa 9Dbi Wifi Booster Sma Omni-Directional High-Gain Screw-On Swivel Antenna
Alfa 9Dbi Wifi Booster Sma Omni-Directional High-Gain Screw-On Swivel Antenna
Offered by Clever Gadgets
Price: 6.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Significant Improved Performance, 16 Dec 2010
I bough this as a replacement for an equivalent 9dBi antenna bought on ebay which didn't perform properly.
The built quality of this Alfa antenna is far better ad well as its signal strength.
Highly recommended.