Profile for Name > Reviews

Never Look Back
Never Look Back
by Lesley Pearse

5.0 out of 5 stars My all time favourite book, 23 Jun 2006
This review is from: Never Look Back (Paperback)
I think this must be my all time favourite book, and the first I have read from this author.

A friend recommended it and after reading the back cover which promised something like 'an epic saga of love and poverty and war', I wasn't instantly excited... but after the first few pages I completely fell in love with the characters and the writing.

I recommend this book to anyone and would ask them not to be put off by the lenght of the book (a real treat once you get involved with the story because you won't want it to end) or the apparently heavy-going subject matter.

Like other reviewers, I also missed Matty when I finished the story but won't forget this book for a very, very, very long time.

The Time Traveler's Wife
The Time Traveler's Wife
by Audrey Niffenegger
Price: 6.79

5.0 out of 5 stars I cried constrantly for the last 100 pages!, 23 Jun 2006
A lovely story about love and destiny but it's not just for girls!

A read the last 100+ pages in one go because I just couldn't put it down. And the writing made me cry for most of those but I wasn't crying in a 'what if it happened to me' way (such as for 'PS I Love You') but was crying for the actual characters. This is the first time I can remember this happening and is a reflection on the power of the writing.