Profile for LH Spaargaren-Wiggin > Reviews

Content by LH Spaargaren-...

LH Spaargaren-Wiggin

Pop Up Net Food Covers - Pack Of 3 - 1 x 15" & 2 x 12"
Pop Up Net Food Covers - Pack Of 3 - 1 x 15" & 2 x 12"
Offered by IN THE JUNGLE LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for barbecue season, 23 July 2014
Ideal for keeping those nasty summer insects off your barbecue food! They are also a good size, meaning you can put a couple of plates under one cover.

Ladies Womens White Front Fastening Soft Cotton Elastane Bra - Fits 4 Cup Sizes B-DD From Undercover
Price: £6.50 - £9.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit, lovely and soft, 23 July 2014
I actually bought this bra because I was having heart surgery where incisions are made between the ribs, making ordinary (wired) bras impossible to wear. It has been absolutely ideal - lovely and soft so it doesn't catch the stitches, and the front fastening means that I have been able to dress myself without asking for too much help. It is also a great fit and really comfortable. I shall carry on wearing this long after I have recovered!

The One You Fear: Emma Holden Trilogy: Book Two
The One You Fear: Emma Holden Trilogy: Book Two

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring on part 3..., 21 Jun 2014
A great continuation to the first part. Unfortunately I just read it too quickly (all-credit to the author) and now have to be patient, yet again, before I can read the conclusion!

Moonfleet [DVD]
Moonfleet [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ray Winstone

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing, 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: Moonfleet [DVD] (DVD)
I eventually lost count of how many times I read Moonfleet as a child. Therefore I was really looking forward to seeing this adaptation. However, I found the first half rather long-winded, leaving the second half rather rushed. For me it just lacked the excitement and momentum that the book always had.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 22, 2014 10:36 PM BST

VEO Retro Union Jack Flag Ultra Slim Full Body Smart Case Cover for the Brand New iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 2 (with Retina Display) and iPad Mini (1st Generation), with Full Sleep Wake Compatibility
Offered by Purplemoose007

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 7 Mar 2014
This was just what I needed to protect my new iPad Mini (retina)! It's a perfect fit, and it's good quality. Sometimes when buying online you can't see what the quality or fit are going to be, but this is well worth the money!

The British: A Genetic Journey
The British: A Genetic Journey

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, but..., 7 Mar 2014
...a bit long winded. The subject of this book is a really interesting topic, and mostly I enjoyed reading it. But there were sections that I found too long winded and I lost patience a bit. This was particularly where unfamiliar (ancient) place names and people's names were listed. It all got a bit monotonous...

Vintage Union Jack PU Leather Vertical Case for iPhone 4 / 4G / 4S / 4GS - High Quality Flip Phone Cover + 2 Screen Protectors
Offered by Membrane Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal, 7 Mar 2014
This cover fits perfectly, it's good quality, and it's patriotic. What more could you want? I would recommend this cover for iPhone 4S.

The Darwin Manuscript
The Darwin Manuscript

4.0 out of 5 stars Good thriller, but too many typos, 31 Oct 2013
I really enjoyed the book, but I just want to warn potential readers about something that I found really irritating: the Kindle version is littered with typos. I think the proofreader must have had an off-day when he/she read it. There are countless spelling mistakes, missing words, general errors, which rather spoil the flow of the book. The names of two charachters even changed (Carlish to Carling, and Jeremy to Jonathan!) for a few paragraphs at different points in the book, which was really distracting.
I love my kindle, and a few errors in a book are tolerable, but this was excessive.

Seven Day AM & PM Pill and Tablet Storage Box with 14 compartments
Seven Day AM & PM Pill and Tablet Storage Box with 14 compartments
Offered by Systems Eleven

4.0 out of 5 stars Bigger than you think, 15 Aug 2013
This is ideal for use at home, but too big (18x9x3 cm) for taking on holiday when space is limited - particularly if you want to put it in your hand luggage. The lids, which slide into a groove in the middle, slide out fairly easily, and you need to ensure that you click each lid down very securely before tipping the box, as you could otherwise lose your tablets!