Profile for DaveyByrne > Reviews

DaveyByrne

Bank to the Future: Protect your Future before Governments Go Bust
Bank to the Future: Protect your Future before Governments Go Bust

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Insights, 29 Sept. 2015
Decent insights to be gained here - nice writing style too.

Burn Fat Fast: The alternate-day low-GL diet plan
Burn Fat Fast: The alternate-day low-GL diet plan
by Patrick Holford BSc DipION FBANT NTCRP

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, 20 Jan. 2014
I tried this for a couple of months and really struggled with the mood swings. I found myself dreading the low-carb days. Also, it's difficult to avoid overeating on the normal days. I didn't lose any weight at all with it.

The Bitcoin Bible
The Bitcoin Bible
by Benjamin Guttmann

1.0 out of 5 stars Just a collection of articles copied from the internet, 19 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Bitcoin Bible (Paperback)
This book is just a collection of articles copied from the internet. It's certainly not a comprehensive guide to Bitcoin, and it doesn't explain very much. I'm very disappointed, because with a title like that I was looking for a book that would teach me everything about Bitcoin. This isn't it!.

Casio Men's Quartz Watch with Digital Display and Stainless Steel Strap A168W-1 - One Size, Silver
Offered by Timewazeuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 19 Jan. 2014
Once a classic, always a classic. Hardly ever take it off... I even use the stopwatch for training - goodbye garmin!

The New Optimum Nutrition Bible
The New Optimum Nutrition Bible
by Patrick Holford

5.0 out of 5 stars A real eye-opener, 29 Dec. 2010
I read this book when I was 30 - I was totally burnt out from work and lack of exercise, and bad nutrition. I thought I was pretty healthy, but this book made me realise that I wasn't. I was about 30lb over-weight.

It didn't change my life overnight, but it set me on a path where I steadily improved my diet and nutrition, bit by bit. My eyes were opened and I became more interested in the topic

It set in motion a virtuous circle, where the better I ate, the more I wanted to exercise, and the better I felt in general. I found ways of increasing my concentration for work, and increasing my energy levels...

Don't read this book thinking that you have to absorb all the facts and figures and jargon - just take what you can from it, and try to get the big picture... it won't change you overnight, but it will totally change your outlook on nutrition and how you eat. I've read the book a couple of times, because there is so much in it.

I'm 35 now, and training to do my first Ironman Triathlon in 6 months... totally unimaginable just 5 years ago - I never really participated in sport before that!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 14, 2016 4:02 PM GMT