Profile for OldBrock > Reviews

Content by OldBrock

OldBrock

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Best Of Davy Graham (A Scholar & A Gentleman)
The Best Of Davy Graham (A Scholar & A Gentleman)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Of Davy Graham, 17 Feb. 2015
Recording quality is good and the content takes me back to the 60's and 70's contemporary folk clubs I used to visit - now to track down the likes of Bob Davenport.

Netflix
Netflix

4.0 out of 5 stars Newbie to Neflix, 29 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Netflix  (App)
I am pretty new to using Netflix. So am finding my way somewhat. So far I find it not so straightforward to search the library or should I say browse to find films. However that seems common which ever device used. All in all though the app seems pretty good.

The Diary Of Alicia Keys
The Diary Of Alicia Keys

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 25 Oct. 2014
Bought at a good price not her best but enjoyable.

Sikkens SIKCHLSPM 1L Cetol HLS Plus Translucent Woodstain Mahogany
Sikkens SIKCHLSPM 1L Cetol HLS Plus Translucent Woodstain Mahogany

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Oct. 2014
Expensive but good.

Neet® Black Line - 0.5m - HDMI to HDMI Cable - HIGH-SPEED with Ethernet and Audio Return Channel - v1.4 - HEAC - 3D - 15.2Gbps - ADVANCED HDMI 1.4 LEAD
Offered by Neet Cables

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Low Cost Cable, 25 Oct. 2014
Cable in use connecting streaming devices to AVR via Neet HDMI switch. Working with no problems. Cable construction is OK and is quite flexible which I need for this particular application.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solid unit, 22 Sept. 2014
This is a very good and solid unit. I have changed it to a Raid 1 for two discs and JBOD for the third. It is connected to my MacPro and connects quickly when I first boot up the Mac. Seen by the Mac straight away. Would recommend it as an external drive. I knew it is a thunderbolt rather than thunderbolt 2 when I purchased it so no dropping of a star for that.

BlueRigger High Speed HDMI to DVI Adapter Cable (1.8 Meters)
BlueRigger High Speed HDMI to DVI Adapter Cable (1.8 Meters)
Offered by BlueRigger LLC

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but very tight DVI fit, 22 Sept. 2014
The cable appears to be well made and functions well. The drop in one star is for the difficulty I had in connecting the DVI end to the DVI of my Eizo monitor - it was a very tight fit and had to connect it another DVI socket which I had which was not part of a pice of kit to ensure the pins were in alignment before it would eventually connect to my monitor.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Be aware that it does not allow backward compatibility, 19 Aug. 2014
Although the item seems to be well made and at a competitive price sadly it does not meet what I required namely to be able to connect my 30pin ipod and iphone to a lightning connector for playing the contents of my ipod through it. After I subsequently purchased the item I was advised that Apple do not allow backward compatibility of the lightning connector. Unfortunately the description of this item does not state this. Very difficult for me to rate this item hence the mid point score.

The Essential Recordings
The Essential Recordings

4.0 out of 5 stars If you like Hank Snow then this is a good collection at ..., 16 July 2014
If you like Hank Snow then this is a good collection at a very good price (when I purchased it).

Jura Claris Filter Cartridge Blue, Pack of 5
Jura Claris Filter Cartridge Blue, Pack of 5
Offered by water-filter-cartridges-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Not much one can say about the product as it ..., 16 July 2014
Not much one can say about the product as it is required and manufactured to fit my Jura. Delivery was prompt and the price competitive.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4