Profile for Woofenhound. > Reviews

Content by Woofenhound.

Woofenhound. "woofenhound" (Nuneaton UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Kaspersky Internet Security 2014, Frustration-Free Packaging (3 Multi Device, 1 Year subcription) (PC/Mac/Android)
Price: 24.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, simple to install., 29 Jun 2014
Having used Kaspersky for a number of years I have had no problems. Same with this one. Easy to install on our 3 home computers. The Android installations can be a bit complicated, but all use the same supplied activation code. ( The previous versions had a separate code ) - currently installed on Xperia U & Samsung Galaxy Tab3. One good feature is it can be programmed to to make the device unusable - by activating a code - if stolen.

Vauxhall Vectra Wing Mirror glass-silver,LH (Passenger Side),2002 onward
Vauxhall Vectra Wing Mirror glass-silver,LH (Passenger Side),2002 onward
Offered by Autoshop Bury
Price: 5.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement mirrored glass for 'late model' Vectra, 29 Jun 2014
Excellent value for money. The original mirror dropped out, leaving the backing plastic plate which the replacement fitted perfectly. - One tip, do a trial fit before removing tape as it is extremely difficult to remove once stuck.

NEW BLACK LEATHER FLIP CASE COVER FOR SONY ERICSSON XPERIA U ST25i
NEW BLACK LEATHER FLIP CASE COVER FOR SONY ERICSSON XPERIA U ST25i
Offered by memorycapital
Price: 1.94

2.0 out of 5 stars Leather Look flip case, 31 Dec 2013
I purchased this item to hopefully protect my new Xperia U from accidental damage. It works! Dropped it a few times, & the plastic case took the brunt. Case chipped, but phone not damaged. One thing though, the phone does not sit square in the case, & the side buttons can be accidentally pressed while in your pocket so best to lock it first.

Santa & Pete [DVD] [2000] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Santa & Pete [DVD] [2000] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ James Earl Jones
Offered by RAREWAVES USA
Price: 2.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Santa & Pete, nice family film spoilt by being only Region 1, 1 Dec 2013
We have watched this film for a few years - but only on Television. Why oh why is it still only available as an import? Our grandkids love the story, but not all of them a have DVD player / TV to watch region 1 discs on. Please, will someone make it available to all in the UK?

Sony Xperia U Sim Free Smartphone - Black
Sony Xperia U Sim Free Smartphone - Black
Offered by Technoxpress
Price: 154.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Go with your first instincts, 17 Aug 2013
A few months ago I decided to upgrade my failing Samsung Tocco Lite. After perusing the options available with my Virgin Sim only contract I opted for the Experia U ( 60 off ) on the recommendation of family members who have other Sony models. At first I was reasonably impressed with my first Android phone once upgraded to ICS4, then gradually I am less impressed. At home, my old Tocco showed a minimum 2 bars on the signal meter and never suffered signal dropout - not like the Xperia. Apps keep freezing or take ages to load - same with loading phone contacts or text screens. Re-booting sometimes helps, but not always. I only have 4 downloaded apps installed - Kaspersky mobile security, Yahoo mail, OfficeSuite & Unit Converter, so it is not overloaded with extras. Battery life is another bone of contention lasting less than 36 hours with minimal use of F.B, email, browsing and around 10 phone calls even with the phone in Extended standby mode to conserve battery life. Poor call quality - both talk and received.
Good points - reasonable range on Wi-Fi - around 15 metres, excellent music player, 2 cameras - main one with flash, ability to set different tunes as ringtones.
In conclusion: I should have stuck with Samsung.
Fast forward four months. My comments above still hold true. Battery life is terrible - even on standby it needs charging every day. It can take up to 30 seconds to load apps, & I keep getting 'such and such app is not responding' even if I haven't opened it. I have had no problems - yet with WiFi connection freezing 'on' as some report, but 3G is not very reliable despite the number of masts dotted round the West Midlands!
I have now down rated my review to one star, following repeated freezing of phone. Looking at one of the Chinese 'clones' such as the Star 9599 as a replacement.

10 inch 10.2" Tablet PC Flytouch Superpad 7 Latest Android 4.0.4 ICS Ice Cream Sandwich HDMI output 1GB DDR3 Allwinner CPU processor 1.2GHZ Massive 24 GB Built-in Memory GPS

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money., 2 Jan 2013
If there was a zero star I would give it that. We purchased the item ( from Ebay ) in October 2012 as a Christmas present for one of my grandchildren. On receipt, it was charged up for about 5 hours, then switched on. Everything appeared in order, and it was wrapped up until the big day. It lasted all of 6 hours total use before it wouldn't switch on. Thinking it was a charger fault, I checked the voltage from the unit with my multimeter - within the recommended voltage range. We waited a couple of days before trying to contact the seller, first by email - no reply, then by the phone, got through, to a recorded message, then cut off. Cannot recommend the product or vendor on this showing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 10, 2013 10:01 PM GMT

Liteon ETAU108-01 8x Slim Top-Load External DVDRW (White)
Liteon ETAU108-01 8x Slim Top-Load External DVDRW (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Liteon power consumption as well as the pocket, 19 Aug 2012
Due to the lack of storage space in the Scania artic I drive I decided on a netbook ( Acer Aspire 1 ) instead of the usual portable telly for entertainment on nights away. Then came the dvd drive. I read a few reviews of the various ones on offer and the Liteon ETAU 108 seemed to fit the bill. When I first saw the box, I thought it would contain a bigger item than the one I found inside! Think Sony CD Walkman! So far I have used it as a DVD player - excellent, with no freezing or skipping - even when running on battery power via the supplied short USB lead - and to rip cds onto the hard drive. This is slower than on a built in drive, but more than adequate considering the price. I didnt bother installing the bundled software as I find the built in Windows Media Centre more than adequate for my needs. Once the media player 'finds' the device it is ready to go, and has worked faultlessly every time.

Get Yer Ya Yas Out [VINYL]
Get Yer Ya Yas Out [VINYL]
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A tour de force of early live Stones, 25 May 2012
This review is from: Get Yer Ya Yas Out [VINYL] (Vinyl)
This was the very first L.P I bought - on the day of release - way back in 1970!!!! I still have it somewhere - minus the sleeve - which adorned my bedroom wall. If only I had kept it!! It contains the immortal words from Jagger 'I think I've lost a button on my trousers! You wouldn't want my trousers to fall down now - Would ya? Standout track for me was Sympathy For The Devil

ClimaxDigital DTV330 TV DVB-T USB 2.0 Tuner/Receiver/ Adapter/Dongle/Stick Freeview with Aerial, Remote Control for PC and Laptop (supports XP / Vista 32bit/64bit/Windows 7 32bit/64bit)
Offered by ClimaxDigital UK (VAT NO: GB948688449)
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, but performs as good as most home Freeview boxes., 20 May 2012
I was looking for a small Freeview adaptor to work with my Acer netbook ( Windows 7) on my UK travels ( HGV driver away for up to 5 nights and this seemed to fit the bill). Unfortunately it does not have a built-in CD drive so could only install using the Windows Media Player settings, - the included instruction booklet advises you to install the software off the supplied disc, then plug the dongle in,- but it works ok. Once set up, it took an age ( 10 to 15 minutes ) to scan & locate all available channels, but once it had, and locked on, the reception was as good as my usual portable Freeview TV which is a bit bulky in the confines of a lorry cab. After contacting the Climax Digital excellent support desk I was advised to install the software ( Arcsoft Total Media 3 ) off the disc onto my netbook if I wanted to use the included DAB software. Eventually I viewed the files on my home PC & uploaded the relevant ones to a memory stick & Bob is my fathers' brother, DAB radio on my netbook. You can also record to the hard drive if you want. One word about the included mini 'magmount' antenna - Unless you are within spitting distance / line of sight of your local transmitter it is no good. I was within 5 miles of the huge Emley Moor mast in South Yorkshire and could not get a picture despite sticking it on the roof of a Scania 'Topline'. My trusty Telecam UHF /Freeview antenna more than does the job! The only down side I have experienced is that I have to scan for channels every time I park up for the night, and the only way I can do so is if I know the relevant full Postcode for my location! Good job I have a sat-nav!!! - Now if only there was a way I could watch satellite broadcasts away from home using a similar device!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 24, 2013 3:08 PM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy D.I.Y upgrade to Sky dish, 7 Aug 2011
I ordered the Zinwell Quad LNB to upgrade my old single LNB so I could have Satellite T.V in more than 1 room. I had already purchased a Bush Freesat (SD) box, but could only use it when the Sky box was turned off.( via signal splitter) After much deliberation I decided to have a go & install it myself as I was quoted over 100 to do the job. Thanks to all the positive reviews & tips, it was a piece of cake. The hardest part was getting up the ladder & removing the old LNB ( about 9 years old )out of the support tube, but a spray of WD40 soon sorted that out. Then after cleaning the over-spray off, a couple of turns of Duck Tape was enought to fit the support bracket tightly to the support tube. I replaced the too-short plastic rivet with a nut & bolt, connected the 2 coax cables & Bob was my Dad's brother. Signal strength & quality to the Sky box had dropped slightly from 85 to 80%, but both were 100% on Freesat. The Quad LNB appeared to sit about 1/4 inch further away from the dish, but the mounting hole matched up with that in the support tube. I did not have any test equipment, but put my portable T.V & Freesat box on the inside window sill & checked the signal strength that way. I didn't bother using the spirit level fitted to the new one, as the old LNB was set at an angle from day 1. Just checked that all the fixing bolts were still tight. One thing that has been cured was the tendancy to lose the satellite signal during bad weather. After todays ( 7th Aug ) thunderstorms in the Midlands we never lost signal to either box. If we had I would have been a bit peeved as I would have missed the 3rd BTCC race from Snetterton on ITV 4, which is not available on Freeview locally - yet! Now my daughter wants me to do the same for her!!

Page: 1 | 2