Profile for Antoinette Oglethorpe > Reviews

Content by Antoinette Ogl...

Antoinette Oglethorpe

OMG Observational Marketing Greats: 1
OMG Observational Marketing Greats: 1
by Geoff Ramm

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideas and Inspiration, 5 Nov. 2014
This book is an easy read full of great ideas and stories. Some of the ideas weren't new to me but somehow the way Geoff shares them triggered ideas for my own business that I hadn't thought of before. That is a real sign of Geoff's skill in bringing marketing to life and making it practical and accessible. I read the book in one sitting. I recommend you read it armed with a highlighter pen and a notebook to capture all the ideas it inspires.

Email Persuasion: Captivate and Engage Your Audience, Build Authority and Generate More Sales With Email Marketing

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-Have Guide to E-mail Marketing, 22 Nov. 2013
This book is a must-have guide if you are going to embark on email marketing as part of your business development strategy. Ian Brodie is insightful, intelligent and his writing is easy and enjoyable to read. But most importantly, he gives practical advice. He tells you everything you need to know to develop email campaigns that will develop positive relationships with your clients and prospects without being seen as a nuisance or spammer. A highly recommended read.

PowerPoint Surgery: How to create presentation slides that make your message stick

5.0 out of 5 stars Answers the questions you've been asking, 26 Oct. 2013
This easy to read book gives you all the practical advice & tips you need to produce great slides like the ones you see all the good speakers use and always wondered about.

The Jelly Effect: How to Make Your Communication Stick
The Jelly Effect: How to Make Your Communication Stick

5.0 out of 5 stars An ROI OF 580%, 23 Oct. 2013
A friend recommended The Jelly Effect to me and I am so grateful that they did. I read it on holiday but, because its such an easy and entertaining read, it didn't feel like I was "working". Then I applied what I'd read about presentations to a conference presentation I made when I got back from holiday. A few months later one of the attendees contacted me to ask me for a proposal. Again following Andy's really helpful advice, I'm delighted to say I won the work. Even though I wasn't available on the dates they wanted, the client changed their dates to suit my availability. I know they had other proposals they were considering so I'm confident it was the strength of my presentation at the conference and the clarity of my communication in the proposal that made the difference. I reckon my investment in The Jelly Effect has given me a return of 580%. And that's why you should read it! Its a brilliant example of the power of simplicity.

FT Guide to Business Networking: How to Use the Power of Online and Offline Networking for Business Success (The FT Guides)
by Heather Townsend

5.0 out of 5 stars An invaluable guide for anyone in business, 12 July 2011
Like other reviewers I have been looking forward to reading Heather's book after following her blog, reading her tips on Twitter and seeing her articles in various forums I'm part of. In other words, she walks the talk and she has succeeded in drawing me into her community without us ever meeting face to face. Such is the power of online networking when used with expertise. I was hoping her book would share some of her secrets and I haven't been disappointed. But it has been even more valuable than that. Having started a business at the same time as relocating to a new area I have a desparate need to build a network in the region where I now live. Consequently I have been going to everything and anything which has taken considerable time and effort and delivered little. Now, thanks to Heather's book I realise I need to focus and develop a joined up networking strategy that will ensure my networking efforts are not in vain. I have already recommended this book to a number of people and will continue to recommend it to anyone who wants to succeed in developing their career or their business.