Profile for Gary J. Knights > Reviews

Content by Gary J. Knights

Gary J. Knights (Essex, UK)

Hitman Absolution: Professional Edition (PC DVD)
Hitman Absolution: Professional Edition (PC DVD)
Offered by Top brand cosmetics

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as blood money, 9 Dec. 2012
I do like this game but the scoring system only rewards one way of playing the game. I used to love re playing BM and sneaking in one time, slaughtering everyone the next time and everything in between. You can still do this in Absolution but feel that because of the scoring, you feel obliged to do good by it.

Samsung Galaxy S3 III GT-i9300 Mobile Phone Black Silicone Gel Case Skin Cover + 1 x Free Screen Protectors
Offered by Universal Color

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, solid and slim!, 9 Dec. 2012
I bought this because the case my employer bought was a soft and flimsy rubber. This is the solution to the problem. It did take a long time to be delivered though.

Nice Work If You Can Get It
Nice Work If You Can Get It
by Dean Saunders

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for everyone, but....., 22 Sept. 2010
....I loved it!
I really like the way this book flows, I feel like a fly on the wall as the story is being told, as though I can see it all for myself.
As pointed out already, the scene is early 2000's Marbella and Deano is enjoying the three 'S's his lifestyle gives him, Sun, Sangria and Senioritas! An interesting subject, if not a little taboo, Deano finds himself working as an escort, putting some fun into the lives of those desperate for a little attention, if only for a short period. Each chapter represents a new client/character and each with their own reason why Deano is called upon.
I really enjoyed this book, sure, there's a little bit much detail with some of the clients, but that get's your imagination running, which is never a bad thing.

This Will Be The Death of Us
This Will Be The Death of Us

5.0 out of 5 stars Set Your Goals prove longevity to the punk scene, 21 July 2009
Ok, having listened to songs from the new album on the bands myspace page, and after getting my hands on the album, all I can say is this is a masterpiece for a second album. The songs are more varied than on Mutiny and also include several guest voalists (which is a very good thing) such as long time SYG fan Haley Williams (Paramore), Chad Gilbert (New Found Glory), Vinnie Caruana (I Am The Avalanche/The Movielife) and Jon Gula (Turmoil).
I was pleasantly suprised to hear the band take a heavier almost hardcore direction with a few songs, especially Gaia Bleeds. This song contains a blisteringly fast riff mid way through, almost Motorhead-esque!
Unlike their debut album, they don't start the first song in acoustic fashion and go balls to the wall after 30 seconds in, they explode from before the first second even begins. There are still one or two 'under a minute fillers' floating around the album but they are enjoyable none the less. Matt and Dan continue their great partnership with the dual vocals, better still, the lyrics have matured, the guitar work is tighter and the bass is more obvious than in Mutiny. The last song is an amazing end to an amazing album. This album will dominate my cd player for a long time, just like Mutiny did, only this will last longer, as I feel it is a better, well produced album.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 28, 2009 7:00 PM BST

Mutiny
Mutiny
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Mutiny! A gem in the treasure chest, 21 July 2009
This review is from: Mutiny (Audio CD)
Mutiny: Deluxe Edition

A friend of mine told me about this band back in 2007, he was going to see them live and invited me, but their music didn't seem to interest me at the time. Now, I realise what a fool I was. This album is one of few that I can listen to all the way through and then listen again. I don't compliment too many albums in that way, but this is one of them.
For me personally, the first three tracks are like a build up to the title track (Mutiny). It builds up my anticipation and excitement levels and sends a tingle down my spine once that track kicks in and the gang vocals enter.
The songs are all pretty much played at the same pace, which I usually am not a fan of as an album needs variety, but I love each song and the ending of echoes is very cool, a nice way to end a solid debut album.
I love the idea of dual vocalists (hence why i'm also a big fan of Four Year Strong), Matt and Dan compliment each other in this respect very well. One slight problem I have is with Matt's whiney voice, but it's not a big enough issue to ruin the songs/album.
The guitar and drum work is great, the bass could probably do with a little more limelight, but compliments the rest of the band well enough.
I love this album, Though lasting only 30 minutes, it's one of my favorite albums to date. The second disc contains 6 demo tracks which are also fun to listen to, as you can hear the changes the band made with the final copy.

Rise Or Die Trying
Rise Or Die Trying
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite albums right now, 16 Jun. 2008
This review is from: Rise Or Die Trying (Audio CD)
I was introduced to this band last year from a friend. They've grown on me so much in that time and I love this album. Even though all the songs are pretty much the same tempo, it's upbeat melodic hardcore/punk or whatever you can call it. I've seen this band twice this year and met them on both occasions, very cool dudes.
My favorite songs are the first six plus 'If he's here who's running hell'.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking at the LE26R87? Save some money., 19 Feb. 2008
Right, i've been on samsung's website and compared this LE26R88 with the above mentioned model. No difference. The spec is 100% exact and you save a few notes in the process. The only thing that is different is it's looks, and that's only slight.
As for it's performance, I think it's brilliant. I'm using it with the R87 wall bracket in my bedroom as a replacement for a 14" cube tv. Very impressed with the extra screen space and picture quality, a friend said it made the images on screen look 3D.
As the area around the screen is shiny black, you're gonna notice the fingerprints and dust during the day. I like the touch sensitive buttons to the side of it and the remote is easy enough to get used to.
As mentioned before, this is a very well priced tv for the money, especially considering the LE26R87 retails at over £550!