Profile for Matthew > Reviews

Content by Matthew

Matthew (Flitwick, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Xbox 360 Hard Drive (20GB)
Xbox 360 Hard Drive (20GB)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the price, 30 April 2007
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
If you are looking at this and you are thinking its right for you, its not, you are being conned at this price, I've been wanting the new 120GB hard drive for quite a while now, and although im still waiting the wait is worth it, this is because the HDD 120GB drive, is priced at 170 dollars, and a quick check on [...] confirms that 170.00 USD (united state dollars) = 85.3642 GBP (United Kingdom pounds).

So for 20 quid more, you are getting 100GB.

Just think about it ;)

the 120GB drive is expected in around 30 days.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 9, 2010 4:43 PM GMT

Samsung LE19R71WX - 19'' Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV - White/Red
Samsung LE19R71WX - 19'' Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV - White/Red

5.0 out of 5 stars After 2 months, I've turned this TV HD, 22 Mar 2007
Now listen up guys, I was looking at a TV for my xbox 360 and saw this, asking around I was wondering if this TV was HD, my mates noticed the huge resolution on this and said it simply had to be HD!

I brought this TV from amazon at Christmas time, I unwrapped it and it looked beautiful, and it wasn't even turned on!

BUT, then, looking at the back of the screen I noticed there wasn't the normal composite (scart addons) of the provided HD cable you get with the Xbox 360, so I was playing with a just the scart lead in the back, and to be completely honest it looked absolutely terrible, pixelated, and ugly blurry colours made this a terrible purchase and I was wanting to take it back, and never look at its horrible screen ever again, even my 14 inch 3 year old tv was better than this!

Then my xbox broke and I left the whole thing for 2 months before swapping it, I didn't have the time too, and it really wasn't that great playing on this screen. But as I did, one of my friends asked if my TV had a VGA connection, when I said yes, he pointed to the official Xbox 360 VGA HD cable and told me that I had to get this! So 20 quid lighter I was wondering what I was doing with this cable and I was sure that it wouldn't make much difference to my viewing. But I was SOOOOO wrong, now, my TV is one of the best purchases I have ever had! That cable saved my 300 quid TV and 300 quid Xbox from being a terrible experience, it really has changed my gaming life around! Its truly beautiful!

Get one of these, and a HD VGA cable, and theres no way you will be disappointed with this, you can set the resolution to 1,280 x 720, which is 720p! and its amazing!

Still blown away right now, I recently turned it back to just the normal scart resolution and was almost sick, so please, please just know, that there's so much difference between normal and HD, and this TV is a brilliant example!

Yours Truly, Angry Mob
Yours Truly, Angry Mob
Offered by Factory Shop Deals

4.0 out of 5 stars Kaiser Chiefs Grown Up, 13 Mar 2007
This review is from: Yours Truly, Angry Mob (Audio CD)
I liked 'unemployment' but like was as much as I ever felt of it. It was overhyped in my opinion and the songs got boring, if the singles weren't played as much then maybe I would of appreicated it more, but blame music TV for that.

I got this as a present for my birthday and thought that maybe the chiefs were going to be more than an 'ok' band after I listened to this, and I was right. Everyones heard 'Ruby' the catchy tune thats currently one of the best songs of '07, and as soon as that ends the rest of the album doesn't disappoint with more catchy tunes and riffs, on a whole they sound a bit different to the unemployed chiefs on some tracks but very very similar on others.

The music is just so chilled out and easy to listen to, and the lyrics are brilliant. You can hear that they have put much thought into this album, which is an uncommon thing for a modern band to do, and therefore I praise them for this album, its a great CD to put in my music collection,

recommended, if you are a fan of the fratellis, the killers and other indie mainstream music.

Call of Duty 3 (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty 3 (Xbox 360)

4.0 out of 5 stars Call Of Duty 3, 13 Mar 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
'Gears of War, what a brilliant game, finally the 360 is getting games that make spending that 300 quid worthwhile! Hopefully more great games are on their way!'

Thats what I was thinking two months ago, and I'm sure many other people were thinking the same.

Recently I brought Call Of Duty 3 because of the hype I thought that this may be the next game that was 10 out of 10 on the xbox 360.

I was wrong.

This is because its too short and online play can be sometimes go crazy and freeze your white box of joy.

But apart from that it is an amazing game, so realistic, brilliant graphics, and the sound blows you away! I've never been a fan of WWII shoot-em-ups but this is in a league of its own, I cannot say if this is better than Call Of Duty 2 because I never got it, but this has reassured me that the 300 quid I payed for the 360 was worthwhile.

Absolution Tour [DVD] [2006]
Absolution Tour [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Muse

4.0 out of 5 stars Muse - Absolution Tour, 16 Feb 2007
This review is from: Absolution Tour [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
Little note before the review, why do people argue over music? If you like it listen to it, if theres such a thing an absolution band wagon jumper then who cares? you are blaming someone for not listening to the radio or watching music channels enough, its so stupid.

QUIT ARGUING.

Anyway I must say this is worth the price, and well done amazon for selling it so cheap, the actual glastonbury concert is an hour long and shows just how amazing muse are live, they recently just won there fourth best live act award and they deserve it. Matt and co. perform songs from all there albums up to Absolution, excluding hullabaloo, which is just a b-sides soundtrack, they are so creative on this dvd, with matt doing the sunburn solo on piano and all the solos are changed to a certain extent.

Its pure genius stuff, the sound quality is all you can ask for from a music dvd and the camera angles are done very well.

The extras provide just as much entertainment, and are just as good as the main feature itself, there is a great part in which after a gig in america matt bellamy repeats that was f**king rock and roll before throwing his 2000 quid manson in a tip, which is then picked up by a passer by.

Why only 4 stars?

No DVD can recreate the atmosphere and the immense sound of the actual concert itself, but this is as close as you will get.

Gears of War: Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Gears of War: Limited Edition (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Emergancy day is among us, 25 Nov 2006
And its AWESOME.

Graphically amazing, playability perfection, online brilliance, great storyline.

You CANNOT BEAT IT.

Nothing worth saying really except if you have a 360 and don't have this you should be ashamed

Limited edition is worth 45 quid, really sexy case, and a addition with a nice little book explaining the storyline.

Honestly, just by it, if you don't then, well, stay away from me.

Superman Returns (Xbox 360)
Superman Returns (Xbox 360)

4.0 out of 5 stars Superman returns, 20 Nov 2006
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
n Superman Returns: The Videogame, you explore and protect the truly living city of Metropolis -- one that is not only expansive (with 80 sq miles and over 9,000 buildings), but also changes dynamically with you as you affect gameplay. Citizens will run away in terror from newly-erupting danger and also exit their cars to cheer and snap photos as you fly overhead to save them. Superman may be invincible, but Metropolis is not. Player choice matters, as Metropolis' destruction will affect your ability to progress. You must face the internal conflict facing Superman at every turn: will you pause your pursuit of super villains to stop a massive tornado sweeping through the city and save its civilians? Every decision made is critical to Metropolis' existence and can affect the collateral damage meter, which ultimately keeps the player in the game.

On the gameplay front, there is a strong mix of funny little one-off mini-games, a lot of side missions unlockable at your leisure, and a story narrative that follows the movie plot. More importantly, Tiburon has solved several of the problems that have haunted previous Superman games before, all of which revolve around control. It all starts with good smooth mechanics, and Tiburon has done an excellent job with the Man of Steel's controls. This game is fun to play, whether you're indulging in Superman's special powers, from heat vision to ice breath to super breath, or simply flying around the city. EA's initial delay might have put some people off, and the company might have lost some steam now that the movie has done its thing in theaters. But EA has taken its time to get this thing right, which is the smartest move, and gamers are going to be pleased with the results. And that's what matters most, right?

Tony Hawk's Project 8 (Xbox 360)
Tony Hawk's Project 8 (Xbox 360)
Offered by MDS Entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Tony Hawk Project 8 (Xbox 360), 10 Nov 2006
I am a skateboarder.

Therefore I may be a tad bias, but meh listen up homies!

Ok so the demo of this game (downloadable from Xbox Live Marketplace)is amazing and the most addictive demo ever made, this obviously, made a good impression on you all and you are all ready to part with your hard earned cash for this game.

BUT there is a few things that I must write about that may put you off buying it, here we go;

Customization is limited:

Create-a-skater remains but not in great detail.

Create-a-park, create-a-board and create-a-graphic are now gone.

The levels are quite lacking in Neversofts high standards, the only 'new addition' so to speak, is the fun park, which is...fun! School, suburbia and the factory levels are ideas that have already been done in previous tony hawks, no new place has really been created except the fun park, and it seems Neversoft are relying on old ideas even through this next gen transformation period.

Ok, so you most problably feel gutted now. Well chin-up dudes, heres the great stuff:

Graphically, it looks beautiful, the detail in this game is high quality and what you would expect of a next gen game.

Nail the trick mode has to be the greatest thing to hit the tony hawk franchise for 6 years (yes time flies) where the manual was introduced to tony hawk pro skater 2.

It involves the player to move both analog sticks as your 'feet' for example ollie off a ledge and press both sticks in and then the slow mo kicks in and the camera zooms into your feet allowing you to control them.

Insanely addictive it may be, even though it lacks realism, I say this because I don't know any skater who can triple impossible - triple kickflip - 540-shove it, off a 6 foot ledge. Its just not right. But who cares, really?! If you could do that in real life there would be no point in the game.

Also another unrealistic but highly addictive addon to the series enables the player to bail/stack/fall over anywhere, at anytime, whenever you feel like it, even when you aren't on your board. All you have to do is tap all four top buttons and then laugh at the skater as the rag-doll physics take over. This alone is awesome but neversoft have decided to put hospital bills in, AND the ability to break bones, don't panic however as this doesn't effect your skater and is all just for laughs, I have managed to break 16 bones in one stack, the hospital bill for that totalled up to 90,000 dollars!

Fresh new skaters have been added to the game, but some of the oldies have bailed out, but don't worry yourself rodney mullen, hawk, and burnquist are still in there.

There is quite alot more but im bored of writing this review.....

But anyway I must conclude on this statement: Buy it, its fun, an xbox must, and you will be playing this for at least a year (obviously not everyday but yeahh).

Oh and watch out for GEARS OF WAR, also released on the same day, that game is 10/10.

Happy skateboarding,

Matt

Razorlight
Razorlight

5.0 out of 5 stars Razorlight, 3 July 2006
This review is from: Razorlight (Audio CD)
I heard quite a few tracks of this album from Hyde Park Calling festival, and the truth is razorlight havent lost their music talent and are holding up the standards of their amazing first album with catchy original tunes that were given massive praise by everyone at hyde park proving that this band (if the public can help it) should be around for a long long time, as they are continuing to be one of the best bands around at the moment. Pure brilliance.

Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

5.0 out of 5 stars Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not, 22 Mar 2006
After hearing the No.1 single "I bet that you look good on the dancefloor" I didn't get what the hype was all about, and then thought of them as a band that I wasn't going to be a great fan of. Then my Dad brought the album but I paid it not attention until I heard all the hype so I decided to steal it for a bit only to be shocked, it certainly deserves all the hype and more, what a rocking indie band!
I disagree with the people that have been saying that the tracks all sound the same and it’s a tedious and boring album, in my opinion every song is perfected with carefully thought out lyrics and a great use of the instruments.
Also a big disappoint to me is the fact that people are saying that the arctic monkeys are a chav band. Do they even understand the meaning of chav? The word has got so popular it is being used for almost everything that comes out, from mobile phones and shoes to albums. The reviewers are saying that they sound chavvy because of the accents. What a load of crap. Have they even listened to "A Certain Romance" the last track of the album that shows the bands hate for the chavs from the first line of the song. “Though he might wear classic reeboks, or knackered converse or trackie bottoms tucked in socks." Anyone under the age of sixty would understand that this is a statement regarding chavs and the song later goes on to show their hate for chavs even more.
A view from the afternoon has to be one of the greatest songs I have heard for a very long song and is one of the heaviest tracks on the album, awesome song and again great lyrics. Riot van appeals to the public showing that certain police can be wrong'uns.
This album is one of the best to be released for a long, long time and anyone saying it’s a load of rubbish are obviously chavs/chavettes trying to protect their lifestyle from being humiliated by this huge band. A must have.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7