Profile for John Freeman > Reviews

John Freeman

You're Under Arrest: The Complete Ovas - Files 1-4 [DVD]
You're Under Arrest: The Complete Ovas - Files 1-4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Wolf Koenig

4.0 out of 5 stars A funny and sweet story about two good friends (with a bit of romance), 6 Mar. 2015
I really enjoyed all the episodes. If I reviewed it purely for the entertainment it gave me I would give it five stars. However, there are two things that take it down a star:

1. It's only four episodes. It sounds obvious, but it still gives a lot less for your money compared to other anime. It also means that everything happens kinda fast, which makes it very entertaining, but also over before you know it.

2. Doesn't include the japanese voices. I personally prefer to listen to the english voices, so it didn't bother me. However, the fact that it doesn't at least give you the option seems very strange, and I know a lot of people dont't like to hear anime dubbed in english.

Having said that, I'm glad that I bought it, and I'm sure I'll rewatch it multiple times. I recommend it if you can get a decent price.

MY LOVE STORY GN VOL 01
MY LOVE STORY GN VOL 01
by Kazune Kawahara

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, heartwarming and funny., 30 Jan. 2015
As much as I enjoy shoujo manga and anime, they can also be very frustrating. A bunch of needless drama born from love-triangles, insecurities and the inability to TALK to each other like human beings. Even some of my favorites like Lovely Complex and Kimi Ni Todoke have had infuriating periods.

Then comes My Love Story!!.

It's difficult to explain why it's so good without spoiling anything with some examples, which I don't want to do. What I CAN tell you, however, is that this is a story with very likeable characters. The relationship between the characters, be it lovers or friends, are all heartwarming in some way.

I can't promise that the series won't go downhill in the future (seeing how it's an incomplete series), but right now I can highly recommend this to all shoujo fans and non-shoujo fans alike.

Sword Art Online Part 2 (Episodes 8-14) Blu-ray
Sword Art Online Part 2 (Episodes 8-14) Blu-ray
Dvd ~ Haruka Tomatsu

5.0 out of 5 stars On of my favorite anime's of all time., 17 Oct. 2013
Even though the Blu-ray isn't out yet, I've still seen all the episodes and love it. I decided to write before it came out because I think the one star reviews are completely unfair towards the show, and I don't want it to scare newcomers away from trying it.

Don't get me wrong though. I do honestly think it deserves five stars. It has good action, likeable characters, an awesome soundtrack and even some humor in there. If you like video games you are going to enjoy it even more, like me.

But, being fair, this probably won't be a five star show for everyone. I do know a lot of people find it a bit overrated, so some might only see it as a four or three star show. But as I said, the one star reviews are completely unfair towards the show, and I absolutely love it.

One last thing. Because I'm writing this before getting the Blu-ray , I haven't heard the english voices yet, so I can't review those. But, coming from one of the few anime fans that prefers english voices, it's fantastic even with only Japanese voices. And if the english voices are good, well, that just makes it better.

Great Eastern - Naruto - Bandeau Village de Konoha - 0699858977123
Great Eastern - Naruto - Bandeau Village de Konoha - 0699858977123
Offered by Eurozone Marketplace

2.0 out of 5 stars Eh..., 19 Jan. 2011
Not all that great really. It's great build quality. But the metal is too flat so instead of looking cool, you look like an idiot. And it's also not that comfortable to wear.

Overall:

If you intend to wear it, don't buy it. If you just want it to lie on your shelf and look pretty, then buy it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 30, 2011 10:50 AM BST