Profile for FS > Reviews

I Quit Sugar: Your Complete 8-Week Detox Program and Cookbook
I Quit Sugar: Your Complete 8-Week Detox Program and Cookbook
by Sarah Wilson

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 10 Jan. 2015
Although there are some interesting recipes in this book, I am so utterly disappointed that she uses Stevia!! I bought this thinking it would be all natural and healthy, but we know Stevia isn't that safe. I'd rather use sugar!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2015 9:49 PM GMT

OtterBox Defender Series Case for Apple New iPad and iPad 2
OtterBox Defender Series Case for Apple New iPad and iPad 2
Offered by Pearl Dynamics

5.0 out of 5 stars and I am so glad. This is lovely quality, 20 Aug. 2014
Just received this for my daughter with the superb speedy delivery from the UK to Singapore. We were supposed to get the Griffin Survivor but couldn't get one delivered here for the iPad 3/4....and I am so glad. This is lovely quality, yet still maintains some of the sleekness of the iPad. It is much nicer quality than the Otterbox Defender for the iPod Touch that we also bought a couple of years ago. Very happy!

The Care and Keeping of You (Revised): The Body Book for Younger Girls
The Care and Keeping of You (Revised): The Body Book for Younger Girls
by Valorie Schaefer

5.0 out of 5 stars I am so happy with it, 20 Aug. 2014
I bought this for my daughter just before 'the talk' at school. I am so happy with it. It discusses the changes in the body and what to do etc but without anything sexual. It is just perfect for a 10 yr old learning about changes ahead without knowing all the nitty gritty! That is saved for the next book. It is discussed in a friendly and casual way. Highly recommended.

Panasonic SD2502 Stainless Steel Bread Maker
Panasonic SD2502 Stainless Steel Bread Maker
Offered by Lakeland

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bread maker, 20 Aug. 2014
Fantastic bread maker. Perfect bread every time, easy to clean and I love making pizza dough with it too. You can use any recipe but it does come with a good recipe book. Very happy.

Melissa & Doug Deluxe Magic Set
Melissa & Doug Deluxe Magic Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost too beautiful to be used!, 26 Oct. 2011
I bought this for my daughter for Christmas last year as she had been asking for ages for a magic set. I had looked at every one I could - all of which seemed cheap and plastic. I came across this one and it is absolutely beautiful. Painted wood, velvet etc. Probably not suitable for children that don't treasure their toys, but it is the closest thing to a professional magic set you can buy for a child. My daughter aged 6 did need some instruction and had to learn to deliver the illusions, but she got there. I understand a previous post about storing the items safely, but they do fit in the wooden box/theatre and although no closing mechanism, we just put a big rubber band round it. A little hook at the side would be useful, but I don't mind as it has so much else going for it.

Crayola Bouncing Butterflies
Crayola Bouncing Butterflies

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 14 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Crayola Bouncing Butterflies (Toy)
My daughter got this for her birthday and it is basically paper wings, a plastic body and a bit of elastic. They did enjoy colouring in the wings but it was very disappointing indeed.

Key Words: Boxset
Key Words: Boxset
by William Murray

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Key Words: Boxset (Hardcover)
I bought these books for a change from the ORT range. My 4 yr old loves them and the different style. They have a lovely old fashioned charm.

Key Words: Flash cards
Key Words: Flash cards
by Ladybird
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 14 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Key Words: Flash cards (Cards)
I had been looking for Oxford Reading Tree key words. Having bought their word games flash cards I was a bit disappointed as they were quite limited, probably because they are games and therefore two of each card. However, having now bought these Ladybird ones they are so much better. They are all the key words needed for reception (without Floppy, Biff, Chip etc) Excellent quality and my daughter loves them. If you are looking for keyword flash cards, these are the ones!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 2, 2011 8:04 PM GMT

Branching Out Wooden Trinket Box
Branching Out Wooden Trinket Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and well made, 14 Nov. 2010
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
I purchased this from a local retailer for my daughter and wanted another for my friend's daughter. I was delighted that Amazon stock it. This trinket box is very well made and sturdy. My daughter keeps her jewellery in two drawers, hair clips in another. It looks lovely and I can thoroughly recommend it as a gift for a young girl. It will last for years and still nice enough to have when they grow up.

Page: 1 | 2