Profile for D. G. Sinclair > Reviews

Content by D. G. Sinclair

D. G. Sinclair (Horsham, Sussex, England)

Page: 1 | 2
A Hebraic Perspective: Is there is a Pre-Tribulation Rapture or Not?
A Hebraic Perspective: Is there is a Pre-Tribulation Rapture or Not?

5.0 out of 5 stars Best short explanation of the Rapture I've found!, 6 Sept. 2014
This is one of the best and most Biblically sound explanations of the Rapture I've come across. Read it and be a Berean by following up all the scripture references . . . and pray that God will open your eyes!

A Hebraic Approach to Scripture Interpretation
A Hebraic Approach to Scripture Interpretation

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential background needed for correct approach to serious Bible study., 6 Sept. 2014
As per previous reviewer, I have been teaching myself for a number of years as I was not able to find answers from any church or Pastor/minister I knew. Liebenberg is an exceptional teacher and if I'd come across him 15years ago when I was looking for a sound distance learning school, I'd have signed up to his! A Hebraic understanding is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL to get a correct understanding of scripture, after all these were Jesus' and Paul's background and western hermeneutic approaches simply miss the point most of the time! Read this booklet before embarking on any serious study of scripture and follow the principles it lays down. - It is a tad academic in places but you won't go wrong if you can understand and stick to what Liebennerg lays out here! At the price well worth every penny! Download all his other Booklets in Kindle too.

The Storm Chaser
The Storm Chaser

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than "After the Storm", 28 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Storm Chaser (Kindle Edition)
I completely agree with "tarda"s review. The plot is deeper than in his first novel (in this series) and I too found that I developed great empathy with the main character. The ending was not what I'd expected and I will now be downloading the third in the series as I'm off on hols soon and can guarantee at least one entertaining read!

Safe House
Safe House

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast-Paced action!, 27 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Safe House (Kindle Edition)
Was pleasantly surprised by this book as I just took a punt on it from a Kindle list. Once I got into it, I was absorbed completely. It keeps you guessing right till the end - I'll be looking out for more by this author. Especially liked the location in IoM - my wife used to go on hols there every year so she kept giving me the low-down on the places mentioned!

SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 MINI - SIII - I8190 - LCD SCREEN FOIL PROTECTOR / SHIELD / CASE / COVER / WITH CARAPACE MICROFIBRE CLEANING CLOTH 2in1 - 6in1 - 10in1 (10in1 PACK)
Offered by MobySpares

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 3 May 2013
Would give it 5 stars for the price but as with most of these protectors, they are all but impossible to apply without getting bubbles!!

Complete Jewish Bible: An English Version of the Tanakh (Old Testament) and B'rit Hadashah (New Testament)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful Bible study tool, 3 May 2013
I love this although would warn that, as with any translation of the Bible, you need to be careful. Whilst I understand why David Stern uses certain words or phrases (to remove any anti-Semitic ideas, etc.) certain words grate a bit. E.g. Emissaries rather than Apostles and crucifixion stake rather than cross. To Jewish ears these may be more acceptable but to a Bible reader without a Jewish background they just seem alien!!
It does a valuable job in giving the reader a much better perspective on the Jewishness of the whole Bible. I am thoroughly enjoying using this version of the Bible and I challenge any serious student of scripture to get to grips with the Jewishness of the Bible - without that you will miss many meanings that would have been immediately obvious to the early Christians, who after all were initially viewed as a Jewish sect. Jesus Himself interpreted and used the Old Testament in a solely Jewish way.
An excellent addition to my Bible Study aids.

Long Life Lamp Company LLLC27SMDCW GU10 5 Watt LED Super Bright PURE White Colour 50 Watt Replacement for Halogen bulb with New SMD Chip Technology 400 lm

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than 3000K version if used in Kitchen, 3 May 2013
I bough the similar bulb from same supplier that was a lower "temperature". It was a mistake - if you want good light in a kitchen then you want this bulb! Perfect to replace the old 50W halogen version with huge saving on electricity!

Time2® 7" Android Tablet PC MID Netbook Sleeve Pouch Neoprene Protective Cover Case ePad aPad UK
Offered by Adspec Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the job, 3 May 2013
This is a simple protective sleeve which I bought for a NATPC tablet and it does the job perfectly and the price is nice and low which makes it 5* in my book!

After The Storm
After The Storm

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb Bond-esque story in period disguise!, 3 Jan. 2013
This review is from: After The Storm (Kindle Edition)
A very cleverly crafted plot with good accurate historical setting in Sussex - obviously done his homework in that respect. Although some parts are far-fetched they are no less believable than some of Bond's escapes and the ideas are perfectly plausible. I found it an intriguing read, as I did His To Dream, Perchance to DieTo Dream, Perchance To Die and the John Biddle titles Going Off The Rails - the madness of John Biddle - this author deserves a wider readership - very entertaining.

Learning Web Design: A Beginner's Guide to HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Web Graphics
by Jennifer Niederst Robbins

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book and example exercises downloaded are great., 2 Dec. 2012
Got this as recommended by tutor on Web Design course I'm doing. It would be possible to get relatively proficient using this alone, but alongside the course I'm doing it's great. You won't become the world's premier web designer from this but it'll let you design reasonable websites.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2015 2:51 AM GMT