Profile for Lesefrosch > Reviews

Lesefrosch

The Wind in the Willows Songs & Music from the ITV Series
The Wind in the Willows Songs & Music from the ITV Series

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent compilation, 30 Aug. 2010
This is a wonderful collection of music from The Wind in the Willows and I'm glad I bought the CD.
It features the instrumental main theme, the version sung by Ralph McTell, Toad's Schussboomer song (skiing episode, David Jason), You've Got to Have a Little bit of Style (sung for Mole, Peter Sallis, Michael Hordern, Richard Pearson), This is My Home (sung by Mole, Richard Pearson), Fancy Dress (Sallis, Hordern, Pearson), Ghouls and Ghosts (Jason), Toad's Lament (which was actually not in the series; Jason), We'll Go Boating (Sallis, Pearson), When I'm a Millionaire (also not in the series; Jason), Words (instrumental for Mole's cousin, the playwright), Wayfarer's All (seafaring rat lures Ratty to the port; Jack May, choir), and then there is also incidental music: Mole's Theme, Seasons (known mainly from episode The Piper at the Gates of Dawn), Swiss Serenade (Schussboomer tune), Open Country and Steamboat Rag (played mainly in party or chaos scenes). Then there are pieces from the feature, there are Duck's Ditty (Ratty, but voiced by Ian Carmicheal here), Open Road (Jason, Pearson, Carmichael), A Hero's Song (Mr Toad's famous song; Jason) and When the Toad Came Home (Jason).
It's really worthwhile, even though it's not a complete collection of everything. But every fan will enjoy this! Highly recommendable :)!

The Wind in the Willows - The Complete Collection [DVD]
The Wind in the Willows - The Complete Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Jason
Offered by JMBMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this series!, 26 Mar. 2009
I'm a German fan of the series and I didn't know it until last autumn, though it had been aired in Germany when I was a child. But the German voices are not half as good as the English! What a sweet show! Actually this show is the reason that I've visited England for the first time two weeks ago. I fell in love with Peter Sallis' voice as Ratty (I didn't know him before, but now I'm a big fan) and so I managed to meet him in England. I never would have dreamt about the things that happened there, it was so wonderful! In summer I'm doing it again, he even wanted me to come back. But I am digressing from the subject...
The Wind in the Willows has got a lovely atmosphere and the character design is amazing. You really forget they are just models. That is what children need, not this rubbish that is shown on TV usually nowadays. But it's not only for children, grown-ups will enjoy it, too. At least I do :-).
But it's a pity that the Christmas episode "Yuletide entertainment" was cut. A few scenes are missing, such as Otter playing the piano and the choir singing a Christmas carol. And they should have added an episode guide! You have no chance to find any episode without looking up a guide on the internet.
Now that I've written this, I think I need a few episodes ;-)!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 8, 2010 4:49 AM BST