Profile for DominicT > Reviews

Start Something That Matters
Start Something That Matters
Price: 4.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly inspirational, 22 May 2014
A fantastic and inspiring book. It's already changed my life and I'm sure that it will change many others. Thank you Blake and all the TOMS family.

Aerobie AeroPress Coffee Maker
Aerobie AeroPress Coffee Maker
Price: 23.65

5.0 out of 5 stars The Only Coffee Maker You'll Ever Need, 5 Feb 2012
I bought one of these from my local coffee roaster after years of wasting money on coffee machines which I used for a couple of days, got frustrated with and are now gathering dust in my attic. It's simply amazing!
Here's 10 reasons why you should buy one:
1. It makes great coffee. Proper smooth rich espresso like you'd get from machines costing hundreds of pounds, complete with the crema. No sediment or bitterness. Knocks spots off any other device I've tried, especially the capsule type like Tassimo. So much better than a similarly priced cafetiere. As good as a stove top Italian Style espresso maker but much easier and quicker.
2. It's really easy to use.
3. It's really fast! It takes less than a minute to make a brilliant cup of coffee and clean the device ready for the next cup.
4. It's really easy to clean - unlike pretty much every other device I've tried. Clean up takes about 20 seconds - just rinse it under the tap.
5. It's totally portable. You only need 1 machine - just pop it in a bag (you can buy special zip-up tote bags) and take it with you! Try doing that with a glass cafetiere or a Dolce Gusto! Great for camping.
6. It's environmentally friendly - 350 of the tiny paper filters = one newspaper. And you can rinse and reuse them if you want to. And less electricity is used - especially if you heat the water in a microwave. And less water's used in cleaning. And fewer materials are used in the machine itself. And the packaging's recycled. I could go on...
7. It's very tough and durable.
8. It takes up very little space in your kitchen.
9. It's brilliant value.
10. Did I mention it makes great coffee?

In the interests of balance here's the downside:
Ummm. Erm. I honestly can't think of anything worth mentioning.

So if you love coffee, buy one of these, you won't regret it.