Profile for Mr. J. Woodcock > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. Woodcock

Mr. J. Woodcock "PC Gamer" (Norwich, England)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Wifi Signal, 28 Nov. 2013
I bought this Wireless PCI Adapter for my gaming PC which sits behind the TV in my lounge after we moved our so it could be plugged directly into the main phone socket rather than into an extension socket.

To be honest I wasn't expecting much, but so far the performance has been almost flawless. I've even tried moving my PC upstairs to the bedroom and the signal happily reaches with a full signal strength from around 20 metres away and through the floor. I don't use the wifi for online gaming, so can't really comment on its effectiveness for that, but download speeds are plenty fast enough and streaming Netflix and Love Film is flawless in Full HD.

Overall a highly recommended product.

HyperX Blu 4GB 1600MHz DDR3 Non ECC CL9 DIMM Memory Module
HyperX Blu 4GB 1600MHz DDR3 Non ECC CL9 DIMM Memory Module

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Performance at a good price, 28 Nov. 2013
There is not that much you can really say in a review for memory. The memory stick arrived safely packaged and slotted easily into my Gaming PC. The stick has a very clean look and as such would sit nicely in a windowed case. It is also very compact, without the large heatsinks that a lot of memory sticks have, so it will fit into a compact space with a large CPU cooler without any problems.

I've been running this memory for nearly a year now without any issues and recently bought a second stick to increase my total memory up to 8GB's. All in all I would definitely recommend this to anyone wanting good performing memory at a decent price point.

Be Quiet Shadow Wings SW1 140mm PWM Case Fan
Be Quiet Shadow Wings SW1 140mm PWM Case Fan

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool and Quiet, 28 Nov. 2013
I bought two of these fans to replace stock Corsair 120mm fans that were pre-installed in my Carbide 200R Case. Even though the Corsair fans that I replaced were pretty decent, I have been able to notice the difference in noise immediately. I've got my fans speeds set quite low using my Motherboard Fan control, but despite this these BeQuiet fans are still keeping my PC as cool as the Corsair fans running at higher speed.

When idle, my PC is now nearly silent, with the only audible noise my CPU tower fan, which is soon to be replaced with water cooling. When under full load gaming the Shadow Wing fans are the quietest fans in my case and still provide excellent cooling.

Considering I am running an Intel i5 and an overclocked GTX 680, I am very impressed with how the fans keep everything cool while remaining quiet at all times. Excellent fans, highly recommended.

Dead Space 2 (Xbox 360)
Dead Space 2 (Xbox 360)
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Survival Horror at its best, 31 Oct. 2011
Dead Space 2 is an excellent game, full of tense nervous sections, waiting for the enemy to burst from an air vent and surprise you and frantic set piece action scenes.

EA have managed to improve almost every aspect of the game from the original, with the shooting mechanics improved, better visuals and some excellent new weaponry. My only real dissapointment is that a little of the horror has been lost in favour of a more action orientated feel. I get the feeling EA decided that they needed more enemies and more shooting, which the game really does not need. The best aspect of the first game were the drawn out tense walks when you never knew if you were going to get attached or not.

Having said that, this is still an amazing game that any gamer should rush out and buy!

Bulletstorm (Xbox 360)
Bulletstorm (Xbox 360)
Offered by Turbotrance

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mindless fun, 31 Oct. 2011
There has been a lot of bad publicity about this game, concentrating on its graphic violence and dreadful bad language, however having played all the way through the game I don't understand why. Yes there is a lot of bloody violence and bad language, but it is so over the top that it is laughable rather than offensive. For me this is also why Bulletstorm works so well, it is just mindless bloody fun and a great game to boot.

The story line is stupid, the violence is ridiculously over the top, the language is dreadful and all of this serve to create a hilariously fun game to play. Add to this great visuals and superb shooting mechnics and this is a superb game to loose yourself in for some great fun.

If you want a game that is fun to play, and does not take itself to seriously then bulletstorm is a superb choice!

Castlevania - Lords of Shadow (Xbox 360)
Castlevania - Lords of Shadow (Xbox 360)
Offered by rockaway-records

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but repetative, 31 Oct. 2011
Castlevania is not a bad game, but it got very repetative very quickly. Button bashing X or Y is usually enough for most fights which I really hate about games in thsi genre. Graphics are pretty good and it provides a decent story and some excellent voice acting from some well known actors.

However overall the game needs a bit more refinement in the gameplay, to get me coming back for more.