Profile for Mr. J. K. Woodrow > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. K. Woodrow

Mr. J. K. Woodrow "Life lover." (Devon, UK)

Turtle Beach Ear Force Z6A Headset (PC)
Turtle Beach Ear Force Z6A Headset (PC)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for competitive first person shooters, better out there for music etc, 16 Dec. 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
The headset is nice and sturdy, a tiny bit painful on the top of the head after hours of use but much better in that respect than probably thousands of headsets out there, I found wearing them loose helped a lot with this. The flexibility in mic positioning is great. These headphones are very easy on the ears too because they sit around them and have lots of decent cushioning.

The sound isn't the best, it is often quite tinny, artificial and watery. They do have good bass response, but somehow all the speakers don't seem to meld in to something immersive and impressive. However, I bought these headphones for competitive multi-player first person shooting, and for that they are awesome. Using the 5.1, I can really pinpoint an enemy's position by their footfall, gunfire, etc. That's why I'm happy with them, I use another set of headphones (stereo grado sr60's) that cost about the same for watching movies and listening to music as those are much better for those purposes.

So if you're interested in these for gaming which is the purpose they were designed for, I give them a 4 star because of the poor sound but great edge they can give you competitively, you won't be disappointed in that respect. Before I bought these I noticed lots of people laughing at the idea of 5.1 headphones for gaming, their argument was that the speakers are right next to your ear so it doesn't make a difference. Because of this common sense argument I was dubious but I wanted to give them a go, and personally I found the naysayers to be completely incorrect, I have had a lot of experience gaming with stereo headsets and I found the difference when using these very noticeable. If your interests in gaming are more about immersion than competition though, don't get these, buy a stereo set.

If you're interested for music, movies, etc, I give them a 2, there are much better headphones out there for that.

How to Eat, Move and be Healthy
How to Eat, Move and be Healthy
by Paul Chek

5.0 out of 5 stars Whoever you are, you probably need this book., 7 Oct. 2009
Whatever level of fitness you are at, if you are dedicated to improving your overall quality of life: BUY THIS BOOK!! Don't get too freaked out by all the informative advice inside, just take on what you can handle and afford and look forward to a vast improvement in the enjoyment of your existence. Definitely the best valued item I've ever bought.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 17, 2010 8:16 AM BST