Profile for Westy3469 > Reviews

Content by Westy3469

Westy3469

Sportiveur: A Beginner's Guide To Training For, Completing and Enjoying Your First Sportive

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and Amusing, 3 Sept. 2015
Firstly take note of the title, this is very much aimed at beginners like me and is not intended or pretends to be as anything else. The book is extremely easy to read and having finished it, it feel compelled to immediately jump on my new bike even though it is late on a Thursday night.

Whilst I am sure I will buy more detailed books, I am sure I will revisit this one for its bite size and sensible advice.

Wizard's First Rule: Book 1: The Sword Of Truth Series (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
Wizard's First Rule: Book 1: The Sword Of Truth Series (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
by Terry Goodkind

1.0 out of 5 stars Simply Awful, 15 Oct. 2013
Like most people who have reviewed this book, I was looking forward to finding another well written fantasy series like the Wheel of Time, Song of Fire & Ice and Malazan Book of the Fallen series'. However what I found can only be described as a rip off of many other authors work but a very poorly written rip off.

At no time did I feel any compassion or tie to any of the characters and had worked out the ending by the time Richard starts on his quest. The story is predictable, contrived and inconsistent, and that is just the "good" bits. However a positive of this is that it does allow you to leave your brain at home while reading it.

With as many 5 star reviews as this book has, this book must strike a cord with a lot of readers, however, should you choose to embark on this series, just remember, you have been warned.