Profile for RieVibeke > Reviews

Content by RieVibeke

RieVibeke

50's Small Polka Dot Swing Prom Dress Black - Size 8 (XS)
50's Small Polka Dot Swing Prom Dress Black - Size 8 (XS)
Offered by Tiger Milly
Price: 28.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great dress!, 17 Aug 2012
I ordered this and another dress for a 50's rockabilly event and I'm in trouble! Which one to wear? They are both great!! I followed the sizing guidelines and it fits perfectly - a UK 12. It was rather difficult to zip up but as soon as I got the zip up, it was perfect. I have a rather large bust and it doesn't hold up the girls without a strapless bra but the dress is super comfy and beautiful. I also bought a petticoat to wear underneath which makes it a tiny bit more awesome but it can definitely be worn without. The only thing I am not fond of is that the belt loops/hooks stick out but I can easily tie the belt on top of those - my waist looks tiny! Delivery was fast - no issues there at all.

Pretty Kitty Fashion 50s Polka Dot Black Vintage Swing Prom Pin-Up Tea Dress - SIZES UK 8-26
Offered by Pretty Kitty Fashion
Price: 49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great dress!, 17 Aug 2012
I ordered this dress for a 50's rockabilly event and I am so excited to wear it in 2 weeks! As others have said, double check the sizing - it is on the small side. I'm usually a UK 12 and I've been "blessed" with large bust and I'm super glad I ordered it in a 14. I don't think the 12 would have fit or at least it wouldn't have been very comfortable. I also ordered a petticoat and that adds the extra "oomph" but if your budget is a little tight, then the dress is fine on its own. It covers my bra straps perfectly and there is a belt, making my waist look tiny! YAY! It's a tad bit long on me but then again, I'm on the short side. If I had to come with one tiny criticism, then it would be that I received this dress 2 days after the estimated time. So it took a little over 2 weeks to get to to Denmark...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2013 6:10 PM GMT

Wreck This Journal: To Create is to Destroy
Wreck This Journal: To Create is to Destroy
by Keri Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars super fun!, 14 April 2011
It's all about thinking outside the box. Doing things that aren't allowed, not expected and just having fun. I brought the book with me out with a group of friends and we had a blast. It was hilarious. And I brought the book with me to work (youth club with teenagers) and they got really involved too. It was fun seeing the kids just "let go..." and have some fun with it. They didn't destroy the book but got really involved with some of the activities. But if you're expecting something super serious, don't get it. But if you're ready to try something new and have some fun, get it!

Encyclopedia of Crafts: An A - Z Guide with Detailed Instructions and Endless Inspiration
by Martha Stewart
Price: 15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars good book for an experienced crafter, 14 April 2011
I'm not the biggest fan of M. Stewart but after reading these reviews, I thought I would give it a try. NO REGRETS. It's a good craft book, if you can look past all the "cutesy" stuff and take things to the next step. Use her examples and change them up - if you don't do hearts and flowers, use her ideas for the projects with different motifs. I brought the book to work (youth club creative workshop) and it has been great! But you'd have to be a slightly experienced crafter, or else it might feel a little overwhelming. But I'm glad I bought the book and am now more open-minded towards Martha Stewart.

1,000 Artist Journal Pages: Personal Pages and Inspirations
1,000 Artist Journal Pages: Personal Pages and Inspirations
by Dawn DeVries Sokol
Price: 13.59

4.0 out of 5 stars beautiful book, 14 April 2011
If you're looking for a "how-to make journal pages", then this isn't the book for you. If you are looking for a collection of beautiful artwork and inspiration, then buy this book. It's a gorgeous book with many different types of journal pages but it does not tell you HOW to make them yourself. But definitely enjoyable!

All About Me
All About Me
by Philipp Keel
Price: 7.36

4.0 out of 5 stars All About Me is fun!, 14 April 2011
This review is from: All About Me (Hardcover)
I have always been a fan of diaries, writing, lists, notes, questionaires.... I tend to jot things down all the time! After reading the reviews of this book, I decided to get it myself and I don't regret it. It's not a diary, so you're not writing long paragraphs about your deepest and darkest secrets. It's more of a questionaire/list type of book but the questions opens your mind and thoughts to all sorts of things, including some deep and dark secrets!! Some questions are super easy and more factual - fx. What's your mom's maiden name, what's your fave food etc. But some questions were harder and made me think about who I am and what I believe in. My friend and I started asking each other questions from the book and that brought on some really good discussions and stories... but I wouldn't do that with just anyone as some of the things in the book are very personal.