Profile for mcgowe > Reviews

Content by mcgowe

mcgowe

Freehand Fashion: Learn to Sew the Perfect Wardrobe - No Patterns Required!
Freehand Fashion: Learn to Sew the Perfect Wardrobe - No Patterns Required!
by Chinelo Bally

5.0 out of 5 stars but I am sure that it will be great., 22 May 2016
I went to one of Chinelo's classes and saw what she can do without a pattern, I made a dress following her instructions at the class. I haven't made anything from the book yet, but I am sure that it will be great.

BOTTLE CUTTER Glass bottle cutting Bottle cutting Cut wine bottles Cuts bottles from 43 to 102 mm Strong and easy to use Ideal for making creative gifts candle holder ornaments etc Full instructions included 90 day peace of mind guarantee Environmentally friendly way of using old bottles.
Offered by Creative Trading

Pure Argan Oil 100% Organic - Cold Pressed, Filtered and Unroasted - For the Hair, Skin, Beard, Body and Nails. Rich in Vitamin E and Antioxidants
Offered by The Body Source

5.0 out of 5 stars It is great on my skin, 10 Jun. 2015
This oil is lovely, it is organic and smells nutty and fresh, It is great on my skin. Will buy again. This is my 4th bottle and wool will continue to use it

The Bubble Gum Thief (Dagny Gray)
The Bubble Gum Thief (Dagny Gray)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Boo, 12 Mar. 2013
I bought this book on the Kindle Daily Deal for 99p. I wasn't expecting much because I thought that the title was a bit naff. I was pleasantly surprised, the book was well written and the storyline kept you interested. I did get a bit confused with all the names that kept popping up and had to go back and remember who they were and why they were in the story. Well worth 99p and I would have paid full price

A Life for a Life: (Parish & Richards #1)
A Life for a Life: (Parish & Richards #1)

5.0 out of 5 stars M.Gower, 22 Mar. 2012
I loved this book, the characters were likable and humorous even the killer. I have just bought the rest of this series. The kindle price is very good.

Asylum Harbor (A Rachel Scott Adventure Book 1)
Asylum Harbor (A Rachel Scott Adventure Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Asylum Harbor, 8 Feb. 2012
I bought this book on deal of the day for 0.99p. I believe this was a waste of 0.99p. The plot could have been great but was completely ruined by the authors inability to weave an interesting storyline. The main characters daughter went missing, so she set up an agency with loads of specialists to find other missing people. None of these specialist were ever used and the investigators knew where to look for the missing girl because something didn't feel right. Other characters popped up with no explanation and disappeared with no explanation. Three quarters of the way through the author got bored and finished the plot within two pages. Other reviewers said that they found the book easy to read, but this was because there was nothing in it.

Windows Sysinternals Administrator's Reference
Windows Sysinternals Administrator's Reference
by Mark E. Russinovich

5.0 out of 5 stars SysInternals, 6 Dec. 2011
I had a requirement to test performance on pc desktops, Sysinternals received great reviews and was free and easy to download. At this time there was only the help menu for decifering the various sections of Sysinternals. Not everything was covered on the help menu, so I was still left pretty much in the dark. I waited for this book to come out and I am still working through it, but I now have a much better understanding of SysInternals and would recommend buying it.

Danielle Clear Acrylic Pedestal Mirror
Danielle Clear Acrylic Pedestal Mirror

4.0 out of 5 stars Magnifying Mirror, 6 Dec. 2011
Being very long sighted I needed a magnifying mirror to do my makeup. The Danielle pedestal mirror looks very nice but it is a bit small and the pedestal is a bit short, so I have to stand it on a coffee tin to do my makeup. The magnifying glass is very clear and does not have that greyish tinge that I have seen on other mirrors.

Andrew James Ice Cream Maker With Built In Compressor, No Pre-Freezing Required, 2 Litre
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars An Ice Cream experience, 3 Jun. 2011
I bought this Ice Cream Maker on special offer from Amazon. It was delivered the next day in excellent condition.
Although the machine is quite big and heavy, I absolutely love it. I have a very small freezer and did not want a ice cream maker with a seperate bowl that needs to be frozen. This machine does it all. It takes 50 minutes to create the most amazing ice cream. It comes with a ice cream book, which is good for giving you ideas on what sort of variations you can make but when following the recipes I found the ice creams a bit too sweet for me, so I have cut down the sugar by half. I have tried Strawberry and Pineapple sorbets they were lovely too. So with one measure of double cream, 2 measures of milk, sugar and whatever flavour of fruit or vanilla in 50 minutes you can have a ice cream that beats shop bought ones.

Barbie Mini B Hotel
Barbie Mini B Hotel

2.0 out of 5 stars Barbie mini B Hotel, 13 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Barbie Mini B Hotel (Toy)
My Granddaughter loved this Barbie Mini B Hotel. I was disappointed with the product you only get one Barbie doll the other two are paper cut outs. For the price they could have included 3 Barbie dolls.