Profile for hsuhsiuhui > Reviews

Content by hsuhsiuhui

hsuhsiuhui

Page: 1 | 2
Dangerous Reunion (Class of '92 Book 1)
Dangerous Reunion (Class of '92 Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous Reunion (Class of '92 series), 4 Jun 2013
Oh dear. Oh dear. Oh great woe, this book is TERRIBLE!!! The writing is stilted, and boring, and the whole thing reads like it was written by a VERY untalented, unwilling teen. Do yourself a favour and don't buy the book. It may be free, but all you'll do is waste an hour of your life.

Always You
Always You

3.0 out of 5 stars Always You, 19 May 2013
This review is from: Always You (Kindle Edition)
This book... Well, I had high expectations for it. And, yes, the first time I read it... It was okay. Nothing groundbreakingly awesome, but nothing actually bad. I probably would've given it 4.5 stars. Then I read it a second and noticed:
a) the childish writing
b) the unlikeable Riley
c) the unrealistic Clay
d) the cheesiness
e) the faulty, gappy, lazy plot.

But then I suppose if you are a die-hard romantic who doesn't really care about any of those things, you'd love it.

101 best jokes
101 best jokes

1.0 out of 5 stars 101 best jokes??? The title's the funniest thing in the book!!, 10 May 2013
This review is from: 101 best jokes (Kindle Edition)
This book was... Dire. I read some of the jokes to my friend's two year old son, and he looked at ne like I was a nutjob. It was not good. The only consolation I have is that it was free. Please don't waste any of your life reading this book.

Eternal Eden (Eden Trilogy Book 1)
Eternal Eden (Eden Trilogy Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars AAAH!!! So promising!, 29 Mar 2013
I really just couldn't handle this book. The beginning had so much potential, and I thought it was actually going to be stomachable! Then it just got so cheesy. The main girl- whose name is on the tip of my tongue!- was just so insecure it was seriously annoying. All that seemed to happen was her and William staring into each others eyes, and telling each other how much they loved the other. NOOO!!!It was so promising, as well! Two stars, for the potential, but the rest was just dire!

Armed and Fabulous (Lexi Graves Mysteries Book 1)
Armed and Fabulous (Lexi Graves Mysteries Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Armed & Fabulous, 28 Mar 2013
This is the first book I've read by Camilla Chafer, and I certainly wasn't disappointed! A nice lighthearted little read, good for holidys, or maybe just for lazing about. Chuck in the fact it's free- you've got yourself a bargain, Miss. Chafer!.Would reccomend it.

1,227 QI Facts To Blow Your Socks Off
1,227 QI Facts To Blow Your Socks Off

5.0 out of 5 stars Bizarre!!!!, 15 Feb 2013
If you enjoy the QI show, you'll love this weird collection of completely bizarre facts (maybe even more for the most bizarre fact of all-it is only 20p?!). Enjoyable, fact filled and cheap! What are you waiting for? Buy it, and impress your friends with all your new knowledge, like- Did you know, one in ten European babies are concieved in an IKEA bed?
Come on!

Heller
Heller

5.0 out of 5 stars Heller, 6 Feb 2013
This review is from: Heller (Kindle Edition)
This is possibly the best free book I have had the pleasure to read. Amazing!
Quick Overview: Spunky security guard (Tilly) thinks she is falling for her drop dead gorge boss Heller. She gets into a numerous amount of scrapes, gets a boyfriend, you know.
Free???? A book like this????? BUY!!!

Cheryl: My Story
Cheryl: My Story

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheryl:My Story, 3 Feb 2013
This review is from: Cheryl: My Story (Kindle Edition)
Now, I am not exactly a die hard Chezza fan, but I do like a few of her songs, so I decided to buy her book. A good book, but... I don't know. It seems to me that all she seems to do is moan. So, when she was little all she ever wanted to do was be famous, but ever since actually becoming famous, all she does is complaining that the paps are hounding her, and going to America to hide. OF COURSE THEY'RE HOUNDING YOU, THAT'S THEIR JOB!! And she seems to make herself the victim in everything. Of course fifty percent of the time she actually is the victim, but what about the other half?
So four stars. A pretty good read (albeit slightly overpriced), I'd recommend.

Guardians: The Girl (The Guardians Series, Book 1)
Guardians: The Girl (The Guardians Series, Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Guardians:The girl, 30 Jan 2013
I really, really want to say I liked this book. I hate it when I make an unfavourable review, but this book was bad. Like, really bad. The characters were undeveloped, and most of them really annoying. Also, I didn't get how the two main characters managed to fall in love after saying barely a sentence to each other, but that could just be me.
This book had potential (hence the two stars)… But just didn't do it for me. Luckily, I managed to get it when it was free, so I didn't waste my hard earned money on rubbish. I strongly advise you not to buy this book. Sorry.

When Summer Ends
When Summer Ends

5.0 out of 5 stars When this book ends..., 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: When Summer Ends (Kindle Edition)
Oh. My. God. This book literally left me speechless. I hadn't done anything but read for so long, I think I forgot how to speak! This is actually the first chick-litty book I have read in a long time, and now definetly not the last! I have sneaking suspicious I am over the age group this book is aimed at ( being in my late 20s!), but I am soooo not embarrassed to reccomend this to everybody I meet, so beware, family and friends! The basic outline of When Summer Ends, is the main character (Chloe Henderson) sneaks into a bar with a fake I.D, which is where she meets Will (BTW-Yum!!!!). They get off to a great start, and start to form a relationship. Chloe assumes Will knows she is only 17, and Will thinks she is about 21. They go on a few dates, and Will asks her out. She says yes, and they sleep with each other, not realising that technically Will is commiting Statutory Rape. So, summer ends and she goes back to school. And sees Will! As her teacher! Oh no... Will tells her they can't carry on with their relationship, with the whole... Thing. Too bad the atraction between is hotter than ever... They dance around each other for months, before deciding to carry on a secret relationship. Only, one day, they are having a hot 'n' heavy make out session on Will's desk, and a fellow student walks in. Her name is Erika, and has despised Chloe, and Chloe's best friend Amy for years. Erika threatened to go to the Principles Office, unless Chloe did, like, everything for her. Will's brother Sam, then came up with a bright idea, that got them off the hook. Then Chloe gets revenge on Erika, and has her 18th birthday, and everything. I actually was intrigued by Erika's character. Chloe seems to view her as some horrible, popular, slut character, but in my eyes, she just seemes to be a sad girl, with fake friends, and parents who don't care. Maybe, there could be another book, but this time from Erika's point of view? Anyway, Chloe and Will get their happy ending, which I personally think they totally deserve, right? All in all, an amazing book, probably suited for any person over the age of 14 or 15. BTW - Before reading this, make sure to take the phone off the hook, turn off your mobile, record Gossip Girl, check the box of chocolates you bought is still there, and most importantly, make sure the tissues are in endless supply!!!! !

Page: 1 | 2