Profile for Zumbruk > Reviews

Zumbruk (UK)

Lexon Flip LR130G1 Alarm Clock with LCD Grey
Lexon Flip LR130G1 Alarm Clock with LCD Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars keeps good time, very pleased, 27 Oct 2014
Clever, stylish, keeps good time, very pleased!

Ogio Epic backpack
Ogio Epic backpack
Offered by TEAM SOUTH WEST Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm absolutely delighted with this, 27 Oct 2014
After some initial bother with the courier, I'm absolutely delighted with this. I needed a laptop rucksack that would hold 2 laptops and all the associated cables, mice, power supplies & WHY, plus a bunch of other junk, and this does the job brilliantly. It has zillions of zip-up pockets (some of them inside other pockets!), is ruggedly constructed and comfortable. Very pleased.

HDE Slim Bluetooth 3.0 Wireless Optical Mouse w/ Adjustable DPI (Black)
HDE Slim Bluetooth 3.0 Wireless Optical Mouse w/ Adjustable DPI (Black)
Offered by HDE

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and nasty, 27 Oct 2014
Horrible sharp edges, buttons catch on one another, the instructions are in 4pt "Chinglish", can't imagine the batteries last long since the thing lights up like a Xmas ornament all the time. Horrid. Spend a bit more money. It paired with my BB Z10 and Macbook Air fine, though.

Panasonic DMR-EX86EB DVD Recorder with 320GB HDD and Freeview Plus
Panasonic DMR-EX86EB DVD Recorder with 320GB HDD and Freeview Plus

1.0 out of 5 stars Essentially unusable, 9 Dec 2013
This piece of junk is essentially unusable. Not because of the user interface, which appears to have been designed by the blind man's dog on an off day, but because when it is recording you cannot;

(i) Add any more programmes to be recorded. Pressing "Guide" when it's already recording something just pops up a windows saying "Cannot be done while recording" or somesuch. That means if you've started a recording and you spot something on later you'd like to record, you can't.

(ii) Delete any already recorded programmes. Same pop-up.

It doesn't help that the user manual was apparently written by an Albanian dyslexic in Portuguese, then translated into English by an Inuit.

This thing compares very poorly with out previous DVR, which was a Sony. I shall certainly not be looking too hard at Panasonic products in the future.

Don't buy this. It will drive you crazy.

[Added a couple of weeks later] It gets worse. It doesn't remember where you've got up when you watch part of a recording (again, unlike my previous Sony). That means you have to fiddle about finding your place in any recording you got part-way through. This thing is utter, utter garbage. I shall never, ever, buy anything made by Panasonic. And I suggest you do likewise. Whoever authorised this piece of cack for release should be fired.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 10, 2014 4:45 PM GMT

Kind Of Blue
Kind Of Blue
Offered by DVD Overstocks

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh, dear, 5 April 2009
This review is from: Kind Of Blue (Audio CD)
I bought this because various friends assured me it was "jazz for people who don't like jazz" (in other words, me). They were wrong. Very, very wrong. I hated every second of it. Complete waste of money. If someone tells you, as a jazz-hater to get this, ignore them. It's jazz. It's horrid.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 1, 2012 3:58 AM BST

Hilldiggers (Novel of the Polity)
Hilldiggers (Novel of the Polity)
by Neal Asher

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh, dear, 12 Mar 2009
I suppose all authors have to turn out a stinker at some point, and this is Neal Asher's. I've really enjoyed all his books up until now, but this was poorly plotted, over-long and excessively wordy. And it's not really a Polity book, despite what Amazon say. Frankly, don't bother.

Dualit Cordless Coffee Percolator Chrome 84036
Dualit Cordless Coffee Percolator Chrome 84036

5.0 out of 5 stars At last, a decent cup of coffee, 28 July 2007
We've owned a succession of dismal filter coffee makers over the years. Without exception, they leak, spill grounds everywhere and make lukewarm coffee. When our latest expired a few days ago, just as the warranty expired, as always, we decided to try something different, and already owning a Dualit toaster (the best toaster we've ever owned) we decided to try this. At last! A hot cup of coffee. OK, there's a few bits in the bottom of the cup (so don't drink them, d'oh!) but it makes fabulous coffee and keeps it at a proper temperature. If it lasts a decent length of time, I will be ecstatic; as it is I'm "just" delighted with it. It's slightly more difficult to clean and set up than a filter maker, and I wish there was an On/Off switch, but overall it was definitely the right decision.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2013 2:50 PM BST

Nikon D50 Digital Field Guide
Nikon D50 Digital Field Guide
by David D. Busch

2.0 out of 5 stars Riddled with errors, 8 Feb 2007
I can only conclude that the other reviewers who rated this book so highly were looking at a different book to me. I was very glad that I had already read the manual that came with the camera and had owned the camera for a few weeks before reading this book, because it is riddled with factual errors. It's obviously a rehash of the author's similarly named book about the D70, and a hasty and superficial rehash, at that. The function of the "shuttle jog" on the back of the camera is differently described in different places (and indeed in one place described as being on the *front* of the camera), and the picture of the back of the camera is a D70, not a D50. His description of exposure compensation is wrong (it's the D70's, again). I gave up keeping track in the end, and just skimmed the second half of the book. These mistakes in things I know about makes me wonder how many other errors there are. Altogether, I wish I hadn't bothered.