Profile for Geoffers > Reviews

Yesterday's Spy
Yesterday's Spy
Price: 3.49

3.0 out of 5 stars It is not as good as Funeral in Berlin, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: Yesterday's Spy (Kindle Edition)
Maybe it is because I returned to Deighton after many years apart and my memories are of the earlier book with engaging plots, sardonic humour and barbed dialogue of the Ipcress file and Funeral in Berlin.
Yesterday's Spy does not hang together as well as previous novels and I was trying to feel and understand the new place that is the world of the nameless Harry Palmer. I struggled to relate to his new context and role and relationships. The plot rather jumped from place to place - I kept saying to myself "mind the gap" in the way of a tube station announcement rather than admiring the seamless flow of the story.
But it is Len Deighton so as a lifelong fan I read, indeed revisited this book and at the end was happy I had not wasted my time and had smiled at some of the pithy one liners and acerbic wit offered up in this book

How To Design And Deliver Great Training
How To Design And Deliver Great Training
by Alan Matthews
Price: 11.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but clear, 7 Dec 2012
A comprehensive, clear and simple guide to training issues. It focussed throughout on good practice, used humour appropriately and above all was very clear and straightforward.
I will be using it to remind myself of good practice