Profile for North2South > Reviews

Content by North2South

North2South (Southampton, Hants, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars A good enough USB cable, 27 July 2015
The fit for the micro-B plug is a little tight on the tablet I use, but otherwise the cable does its job and is fine for the price.

16 PIECE FORSTNER DRILL BIT SET IN WOODEN CASE
16 PIECE FORSTNER DRILL BIT SET IN WOODEN CASE
Offered by produXa UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A very nice boxed set of drill bits, 12 July 2015
Just for information, I think you should be aware that these drill bits are marked-up in imperial size only (inches), so if you need a 13mm hole you will need to convert to inches. The box is a useful store, but it took a while to replace all of the bits into their appropriate slots in the box as they had all come out of the slots during delivery. Each drill bit is enclosed in a small plastic bag, to protect them, which makes reading the sizes more awkward, but I decided to keep the bags for now.
I have used two of the drills so far and they work fine and seem sharp enough for the job - always drill slowly with the wider bits - so far I have only used them on chipboard, to produce the holes for cam locks, but they cut through fine and in a controlled manner. So far a good purchase.

15 Pcs Silver Tone 13mm Diameter Furniture Cam Lock Screw Fittings
15 Pcs Silver Tone 13mm Diameter Furniture Cam Lock Screw Fittings
Offered by Hong Kong Wan Xiang

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the strongest of cams, 12 July 2015
I have just unfastened one of these cams from a "box" I am building (to fit some cross-struts) and I was annoyed to notice that one of the cams was slightly bent. This worries me as this "box" acts as a seat and the cams are effectively taking the strain of the weight. I guess the metal they are made from may be the weakness and this maybe reflects the price (although I could not find any other supplier of this size cam as an alternative). If any of these cams break over the next few months I will edit this review, but at this stage I think all I can do is point out that the seem weak.

lullaby and... The Ceaseless Roar [VINYL]
lullaby and... The Ceaseless Roar [VINYL]
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent piece of vinyl for anyone's collection and with an interesting musical style., 15 Jun. 2015
I was attracted toward buying this vinyl version of this album after seeing the etching on disk 2 on the Jools Holland show - I liked the concept of the art - and then I realised that this purchase also included a CD version and a download together with the 180g vinyl in a gate-fold cover. Delivery was okay and the album arrived on time, but when I played the second side (the vinyl consists of three sides of music with the fourth side etched with an image) there was a scratch and the tracks hissed badly, suggesting a poor pressing. I explained this to Amazon and they arranged a collection and refund so that I could purchase the album again.
Second time around the quality of the vinyl was excellent and I can now review the music!
Although Robert Plant no longer has that powerful voice that I remember from Led Zeppelin II, he still produces some interesting music and this album is one such experience. The use of some unusual ethnic instruments to provide a superb background to the rest of the music and provides a lot of variety between tracks and across the album - there are hints of Bluegrass, Cajun and Country, supported by rock music and a hint or two of blues. This is an album I can really recommend to anyone who has enjoyed Robert Plant's music over the years and the vinyl adds something special to owning the music!

Communique (Remastered)
Communique (Remastered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Dire Straits Classic, 5 Mar. 2015
This album is classic Dire Straits at their very best and reminds me of Sultans of Swing. Knopler's voice has moments when it sound like Dylan, but still add a great deal of emotion to the songs, which are perhaps overall a little slower than those on Brother of Arms, but still have that fusion of blues and rock that the band do so well. This album is a must-have part of any collection of music by Dire Straits, which is why I bought it.

Sony-Ericsson BST-37
Sony-Ericsson BST-37
Offered by MNZ Technologies Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Sems to be genuine, 19 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Sony-Ericsson BST-37 (Electronics)
Not a lot to say other than it fitted the phone as required and worked fine. This is an excellent purchase at the price.

In the Mix
In the Mix

5.0 out of 5 stars Blues with just a touch of soul, 17 Feb. 2015
This review is from: In the Mix (MP3 Download)
I came across this album by chance while looking through new releases in the Amazon App. I like the way the Blues sound is merged with just a touch of Soul in the music. Bernard's singing is clear and pleasant to listen to, the guitar work is excellent and there are some good moment with the keyboards. This is good foot-tapping music and well worth a listen if you like The Blues.

Mentats of Dune
Mentats of Dune

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting extension to the Dune saga, 12 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Mentats of Dune (Kindle Edition)
I have to say that some of the latest versions of the Dune story have been a little repetitive and lacking in the excitement that the early books created. However, I enjoyed this book, which I believe is the penultimate, and I think it described some interesting events and people without being fixated too much by the original concepts and storyline.

Destination Void (Pandora Sequence Book 0)
Destination Void (Pandora Sequence Book 0)

3.0 out of 5 stars Getting a bit old - like all of us!, 12 Feb. 2015
I guess the description of technology in this story is now a long way from reality and has suffered from the passage of time. However, the concept of the story is interesting; although, I found the story dragged a bit in places.

Microsoft Wired Desktop 600 Keyboard and Mouse Set - UK Layout
Microsoft Wired Desktop 600 Keyboard and Mouse Set - UK Layout

5.0 out of 5 stars which I don't like. The keyboard has quite shallow key depression distance, 12 Feb. 2015
I bought this wired keyboard and mouse to replace a wireless version that often dropped keystrokes and had an ergonomic layout, which I don't like. The keyboard has quite shallow key depression distance, but it is comfortable to type on (for a non-touch typist) and the mouse is comfortable in my hand. I like the programmable buttons and the ability to mute sound from a single key-press is really useful. It is also possible to launch frequently used programs from the play key (instead of playing music), but I am using the default setting for now. I guess the other useful feature is that the cable length is very generous, which makes plugging into the USB ports very easy despite having to feed the cable around the back of a desk.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9