Profile for KIRSTY > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Vango - Wilderness Junior Kids Moo Cow Sleeping Bag
Vango - Wilderness Junior Kids Moo Cow Sleeping Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, and my son likes it which is ..., 20 May 2015
Its as expected lovely to look at and does the job. Good value, and my son likes it which is a bonus, he's age 4 and it fits him nicely.

Petkin Liquid Oral Care for Dog and Cats (240ml)
Petkin Liquid Oral Care for Dog and Cats (240ml)
Offered by MERL Trading Group

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value product that works for me and my dog., 24 April 2015
I bought this for my puppy and have used it ever since. She's now 1 and a half years old and her teeth are as white as the day she was born. The vet checks her teeth and hasn't mentioned any problems. She has a clean breath smell. I put small amount in her water and some in her water bottle that hangs above her bowl (just incase she runs out and we miss it). My dog doesn't notice its in there. You only put a tiny amount in the water, and in the time I've had a dog (1 & half years) we have used 2 and a half bottles maximum.

I would recommend this as my dog isn't bothered about any dental chews. I don't have to brush my dogs teeth either, and I'm sure she appreciates that as much as me.

I bought it on sale 3 for the price of 2 in my local pet shop (after buying it initially on amazon). I'm sure it would cost me more than that to get her teeth cleaned by the vet if I didn't support her with her dental hygiene. Plus I can honestly say nobody has complained about her smelly breath. I haven't found any yellow plaque either.

I will be continuing with the product as it's working, and my dog is indifferent to it being in her water.

The Puppet Company - Finger Puppet Characters - Fairy Bee Finger Puppet
The Puppet Company - Finger Puppet Characters - Fairy Bee Finger Puppet
Offered by Puppets By post

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely beautiful, well made and great value, 19 Mar. 2015
Absolutely beautiful, well made and great value. My only slight gripe is the finger slip is slightly too small by a smidging so I can see it coming loose over time. Other than that they make excellent characters for easter. I'm sure they will be liked by the recipient who is almost 2. They are a good size and are made out of quality fabrics. You could't make one yourself for the same cost. (I couldn't make one full stop!) I would buy again.

Ladybird Felt Bag/Basket
Ladybird Felt Bag/Basket
Offered by Gifts and Crafts

3.0 out of 5 stars Other wise it's a nice small felt bag, 18 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Ladybird Felt Bag/Basket (Toy)
This is tiny for a bag and a little expensive. It's about the size of a ladies hand including the strap. It looks home made and is very cute. Won't hold a deal of items and will not fit the finger puppets in I ordered as a gift. Other wise it's a nice small felt bag. Its got a label on saying not suitable for children under 3. An expensive present and I would not buy again, but it's ok for putting maybe 2 small kinder eggs in. Great theme for spring / easter. Will make an ok present, but not a spectacular present due to the size mostly. Fast delivery.

Babz Flip Straw Tritan Drinks Sport Hydration Water Bottle 700ml Cycling Hiking BPA Free
Offered by Babz Media

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple straw cup., 18 Mar. 2015
I ordered this cup as my son struggles to drink from a sports cup and has so far declined to use one. He needs a clear cup for school with his team colours on which is blue. I ordered this one and requested that a blue one be sent, but that wasn't possible, an orange one was randomly sent. The cup itself is neat and is as pictured only the plastic is a darker shade to the photo. I offered this cup to my son and he has so far used it a couple of sips, which for him is a massive achievement. Whilst in general I dislike plastic cups, (choosing the steel style cup as my first preference,) I have to say this is pretty neat, and for the price you can't complain at all. Fast delivery, small price, and has no nasty BPA chemicals in it, plus so far it hasn't leaked. This is just day one. If my opinion changes, or the cup starts to fail I will update as required.

It's a shame you can't choose the colour of your cup, because whilst we are now using this one at home, I have had to order a few of the blue version, from a different seller, and at a much more expensive price as well. Overall it's a nice simple straw cup and worth the money. Thanks.

Fidibussi The Magician
Fidibussi The Magician
Offered by Puppets By post

5.0 out of 5 stars fidibussi the great magician and friend., 10 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Fidibussi The Magician (Toy)
Another amazing puppet. He about 35cm (not including the hat) and an adult can just get their hand in the head part to work it. I expected it to be smaller than the puppets we currently have at 45cm but thats not a problem. He's well made and full of character. His name is fidibussi and my son refuses to call him anything else which is lovely. I would buy him again as he's so lovely. We use him to encourage language skills from my 4 year old who is referred to by some professionals as a "selective mute". I have to say the family of puppets we have bought have really helped to reduce his shyness and he can answer questions from the puppet easier than if an adult of child asks him. He suddenly got himself a new set of friends called "the living puppets" and at least one goes with us where ever we go.

Great buy seemingly expensive at first but once you have bought one you realise why their more expensive than others. They are the best puppets we have experienced.

Elope Clown Kit +
Elope Clown Kit +
Offered by Escapade-Fancy-Dress

4.0 out of 5 stars Something funny for money., 10 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Elope Clown Kit + (Toy)
It's a perfect buy for my sons "something funny for money" day at school in aid of red nose day. I paid £18.00 for it and felt from the picture and the description it was a bit expensive. However when my son who's 8 offered to pay the £5.00 delivery charge I couldn't help but melt and buy it anyway. (Of course I didn't charge him the delivery cost either.) It arrived promptly and was as described. The fit is good for a child and he will look great as "something funny on your face for money". I think it is very expensive for what it is, a red nose attached to plastic glasses, but the hat is just adorable. I think a more reasonable price might be £10. I saw the same item advertised on amazon (different seller) for £45.00 now thats just ridiculous.

To summarise It's funny, neat, and made us all laugh. It will do the job it's bought for, and my son is so excited to wear it's got to be worth a million something.

Medium Finja
Medium Finja
Offered by KarensSpielewelt

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing puppet., 1 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Medium Finja (Toy)
Fantastic puppet, She works by inserting your hand through a hole in her head. You can work the mouth, tongue and arms. She's well made a full of character. She is quite expensive to buy when you can find other puppet cheaper, but i have few cheaper puppets and would choose this one every time. My son can operate her and he loves her so much she comes everywhere with us. The purpose of the puppet for us was to encourage speech from a child who was referred to as a "selective mute" by a psychologist. The puppets have made him feel less frightened to talk, and he will answer questions when delivered by the puppet.

To summarise we have bought 4 of these style puppets and they have been an amazing aid to supporting speech from my son. You won't be disappointed with this puppet. It worth the extra money to get a quality easy to work puppet. We are loving the new family of puppets each with their own personality bursting to get out of the packaging they come in. Thanks.

Lasse Human Boy Hand/Body Puppet 45cm Tall
Lasse Human Boy Hand/Body Puppet 45cm Tall
Offered by KarensSpielewelt

5.0 out of 5 stars Another wonderful character for the family., 28 Feb. 2015
Another great puppet. Lovely quality and is packet full of personality. His clothes are removable. He comes with a bag on his back which is usable. In the picture he has another bag in his hand but we didn't receive that one. Not sure if it just been replaced by the backpack instead of the 2 bags in the picture. We love these style of hand puppets. They are easy to use, well made and are with the money you pay. My son takes all of his puppets with him where ever he goes, and thats quite a family to take out and about with there being six of them. (We had to buy a bus to seat them all.) He can communicate using these puppets something he found difficult. With a puppet at hand he can speak more freely and with less fear.

Tellatale White Boy Moving Mouth Hand Puppet
Tellatale White Boy Moving Mouth Hand Puppet

4.0 out of 5 stars small size and small price, good fun., 27 Feb. 2015
It's a small puppet for a small price. He has a great head with a mouth that moves up and down. The body has no stuffing in it so he doesn't sit up. The shoes are stuffed for weight. I have more expensive puppets and will chose them in future if I buy anymore, but this little boy is a nice pocket money price puppet for a small child. If he had more expressions to his mouth he would be better, and some stuffing in his body to sit him up but he's only cost £20, so he's as described, and as expected for his price tag. No complaints.

My son doesn't mind him, and wanted to keep him, but doesn't choose him as his first choice in a family of puppets we have.

To sum up if you want a small, low priced puppet that's comfortable and soft to use, this boy may be for you.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12