Profile for Ms. Kimberley L. Sturt > Reviews

Content by Ms. Kimberley ...

Ms. Kimberley L. Sturt (uk)

On Fallen Wings (Stone Portals Book 1)
On Fallen Wings (Stone Portals Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pulls you in, 4 Oct. 2012
This is a great book which really pulls you in to its world. Its well written and Im glad I picked it up on a chance.

Looking forward to the next book and finding out what will happen next as the end left me feeling sad and I dont want to leave any spoilers.

Pick this book up and you will find it hard to put down ^_^

The Cutter [DVD] [2006]
The Cutter [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Chuck Norris

4.0 out of 5 stars Good as I hoped., 27 July 2007
This review is from: The Cutter [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
I really like Daniel Bernhardt and Chuck Norris. Bit of an old-school geek, so having the two duel and chase was very enjoyable viewing. Chuck is chuck, and Daniel is quite amusing with plenty of dodgy character moments. Final fights were well worth the wait. Pretty cool Nazi storyline, no annoying teenagers for once in a modern action movie. Good set of characters inc ww2 vets reuniting! Well worth picking up, good price, great action film.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent (Wii)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent (Wii)
Offered by FUN-N-MORE

4.0 out of 5 stars Must buy for cheap price., 27 July 2007
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Was dubious of poor internet reviews and varying user reviews. Decided to pick this up for £15 sealed from Tesco.
Surely, it's worth £15?

Bad: Old gen game ported to Wii with added remote controls only.
No 60hz screen display, no excuse for that.
Some dated looking textures, but overall okay.

Good: I actually had no issues with the controls. You physically move with the nunchuk analog and rotate camera with remote, (pretty standard set-up to me). I've never ruined a scene/room because of the remote controls, (only because I was to noisy breaking necks!) So, the controls are good with me.
Great atmosphere, cool story and nice level design. Very envolving and atmospheric. Challening but not frustrating. Thers is no support for the gamecube controllor but again, I've found the remote controls comfortable and enjoyable. I sat in the dark with the television up loud and played through this for an hour and twenty mins straight so it definately won me over on first sitting. I was engrossed and never annoyed at the game. Needs good concentration to play, but it's a Tom Clancy stealth game so that's expected. You feel rewarded when taking out cameras and lasers before they detect you, so the game requires discipline but it's a rewarding experience. You really do feel like a genuine spy. Note: I had to turn my tv settings/brightness etc down to really appreciate the shadows, some textures look a bit odd otherwise. But, this may of just been my tv's default settings. Definately worth buying for a budget price. Not a pick up and play game, not for everyone I imagine but I'm very happy I bought Double Agent.

Big Brain Academy (Wii)
Big Brain Academy (Wii)
Offered by games.empire

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth £20., 27 July 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Bought for £20 new and sealed. Easy to play but also fun and challenging. Not as hard as I expected as I find high scores are effected by the speed you answer with as opposed to the question itself being tricky. But, I guess that keeps the game quick and exciting. Very nice presentation, quirky and bright/clear. Good with a friend playing together or against one another. Good use of Mii characters resulting in extra laughs and overall charm. Defiantely one of the best 'mini game games' on the Wii. Nice variety in question types and a cool reulsts board that displays your strongest/weakest category. Fun to try and get better results and improve your mental weak points. Well worth buying, these sort of games should be released for less then standard retail price so it's good that this one was.

Until Death [DVD] [2007] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Until Death [DVD] [2007] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Jean-Claude Van Damme
Offered by supermart_usa

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, memorable movie. Van Damme still delivers., 21 May 2007
Although Van Damme is an 'old-school' action star most popular for his martial arts and quick fun action films, he still delivers great character acting and action scenes 20 years on from from his popular 80s early 90s features. Until Death is now in my top 3 Van Damme favorites. Unlike Steven Seagal, Jean Claude has aged with grace and diginity, taking his roles seriously and puts out some dynamic character acting that gives this film good weight and a suspense unlike that of his more popular movies. This is far more then just an action screen favorite doing a low-budget 'dated' + 'easy money' flick for the fans. Until Death holds it's own and differs greatly in style and suspense from personal fav's such as A.W.O.L. and Double Impact. It's more brutal, and bleak then cheesy and '80s' cool.

Van Damme plays a beat-down heroin addicted cop, who's having a string of bad events in and out of work, resulting in a real mess of man who has to pick himself out of a partly self-made gutter. The synopsis could read like that of an action movie 20years old but the execution is modern and fresh, with Van Damme giving a strong performance mixed with ballsy and dramactic action scenes. I feel, long term fans and general action/drama viwers will certainly get their moneys worth in checking out this film.