Profile for ChrisD > Reviews

Wild Animals I Have Known
Wild Animals I Have Known
by Ernest Thompson Seton

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth it for Lobo, 15 May 2016
Good read, but poorly produces book, worth it for Lobo.

Broken and Betrayed: The true story of the Rotherham abuse scandal by the woman who fought to expose it
by Jayne Senior

5.0 out of 5 stars This a story of 21st Century Britain - not something we can be proud of., 15 May 2016
The story of an amazing woman in her own words, it's a story that will take you from disbelief, to rage, to tears. In the end the 'good woman' wins but my god an awful lot of 'poor people' stood in her way.

Horst: Portraits
Horst: Portraits
by Robin Muir

5.0 out of 5 stars A little Gem., 13 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Horst: Portraits (Paperback)
It's a small book but an absolute gem, it clearly gives an account of Horst's life and career, the quality of the printing is very good.

PermaJet Oyster 50932 271GSM A3+ x25 Printing Paper
PermaJet Oyster 50932 271GSM A3+ x25 Printing Paper

5.0 out of 5 stars A step up from Epson, 7 Nov. 2013
Always loyally stayed with Epson papers as I use the R2880 printer, this gives a slightly different appearance and as 'the old hands' we tell you pick the paper to match the subject, this is now firmly a core paper for my work, B&W club photography.

Caldura 17 litre Compact Mini Fridge (White)
Caldura 17 litre Compact Mini Fridge (White)
Offered by Savers UK Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., 7 Nov. 2013
Does exactly what it is supposed to do. My only concern was it might be a little too noisy in an office. With all the other noise in a fairly quiet office you don't notice it at all.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 7, 2013 11:53 AM GMT

Creative Photography Ideas Using Adobe Photoshop: 75 Workshops to Enhance Your Photographs
by Tony Worobiec

5.0 out of 5 stars I've learnt new skills., 7 Nov. 2013
I consider myself a fairly competent CS5 user, I bought this book on a whim as I am going to see a presentation by Tony Worobiec and looked him up, read the reviews and bought this book. I consider it one of the best tenners I've ever spent. It takes you through the steps to achieve a given outcome. It has forced me to master a number of techniques that I was a little sketchy on. I sat with the book and went through it page by page even on stuff I new I understood just to see if Tony does it a slightly different way, as Photoshop normally has multiple ways of completing any desired outcome. I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who wants to explore the capabilities of Photoshop a little bit deeper, easy to follow, very rewarding.

Hoya 72mm Pro-1 Digital ND16 Screw-in Filter
Hoya 72mm Pro-1 Digital ND16 Screw-in Filter
Offered by WestBase Direct - UK Registered Company. VAT receipt included

5.0 out of 5 stars No fuss, 13 Sept. 2013
Easy to add and remove from lens either with or without my UV filter. Also using it in combination with an ND64 giving 9 stop reduction.

Hoya 72mm Pro-1 Digital NDX64 Screw-in Filter
Hoya 72mm Pro-1 Digital NDX64 Screw-in Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use., 13 Sept. 2013
I found it easy to add and remove from my lens. I'm also using it in combination with an ND16 to give me up to 9 stops reduction, that flexibility is great.

Epson Stylus Photo R2880 A3 Photo Printer
Epson Stylus Photo R2880 A3 Photo Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 3 April 2013
My first A3+ print bought especially to do black and white prints. The quality is excellent and as a very keen club photographer this print never fails to produce the quality. Its not cheap to print but thats not my game I want a small number of very high quality prints and it delivers.

Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Photographers: A professional image editor's guide to the creative use of Photoshop for the Macintosh and PC
by Martin Evening

5.0 out of 5 stars My bible., 3 April 2013
It has not yet failed to help me through a problem. Very detailed and as a result can sometimes become hard going, but it is aimed at the top end of the market, that makes it excellent value for money in my eyes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3