Profile for anonymous77 > Reviews

anonymous77 (UK)

Onguard Brute Shackle Lock 111mmx202mm
Onguard Brute Shackle Lock 111mmx202mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Brute Shackle Lock STD 5001, 7 May 2010
Very pleased with this shackle lock. For the price it is very good quality-I have been shopping around and found shackle locks that are double the price but not as good quality.
On the downside is its weight but I have not found this a problem when attached to my bike. I am not sure how long the mounting bracket will last concidering this.
Just a few things to update the amazon listing-the shackle is 16.88mm ultra hardened steel, it is the Brute STD 5001 model and the picture is of an older model(I have added a second picture of the STD 5001 lock)
Comment Comment | Permalink

Speed Racer [DVD] [2008]
Speed Racer [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Emile Hirsch

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyed, 1 Sep 2009
This review is from: Speed Racer [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
I really enjoyed this movie for something completely different.
After the first ten minutes I was thinking "what am I watching" with its flourescent fake background and cheesy storyline but it turned out to be really entertaining. Firstly it is really colorfull and not many scenes are filmed on a real set so if this will annoy you its probably best not to watch it. This is the kind of movie you can pick the hell out of but if you are happy to sit back and be taken to a world of fantasy you might enjoy this like I have.
A lot of its cheesyness comes from the fact it is trying to stay partly faithfull to the original series whilst still making it futuristic. It was not perfect but was pretty good escapism and the special effects team have done a superb job.
Probably not a young childs movie however and maybe thats where people are confused with it. The visuals would seem to suit a young child and might be hard going for some adults but the storyline is suited to an older audience and might be boring for children.

Cold Mountain [DVD]
Cold Mountain [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jude Law
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars a pleasant surprise, 25 May 2009
This review is from: Cold Mountain [DVD] (DVD)
I really enjoyed this movie. It was slow to start as the previous review said but as far as being boring I totally disagree- each to their own. I am not a big fan of either Nicole Kidman or Jude Law and so had low expectations but I thought they were both excellent in their roles and this is why it was a pleasant surprise for me. I personally found the underlying theme of the two main characters shared destiny is what makes this film. Definately worth seeing if you like a medium paced epic.