Profile for The Londoner > Reviews

Content by The Londoner

The Londoner

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
SODIAL(TM) Mini DisplayPort to DVI Female Adapter Cable for Apple Macbook, Macbook Pro, iMac, Macbook Air, Mac Mini Laptop

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as the original, 1 Dec 2013
As good as the original but at 1/5 of the price so no way you can go wrong on this one.

Spigen Ultra Hybrid Bumper Case for Google Nexus 5 - Black
Spigen Ultra Hybrid Bumper Case for Google Nexus 5 - Black
Offered by Spigen UK Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Protects, 1 Dec 2013
I bought a new Nexus 5 and was looking for a case to protect the phone. I tend to let phones slip my hands (big hands, slippery fingers).
With this case I have not yet let my phone slip to the floor and I know I can put it on my table and not get it scratched.
A little bit on the bulky side but not that much and I honestly don't like phone that are too slim anyway.
If you want true protection then this would be a good case. Not a super fit if you use the cardboard printouts they sent but I forgot to put those and don't want them.

Just close to the power supply socket there's a small gap that let's some dust inside of the case trapping it in between the case and the back of the phone. Still, not a big deal. I would buy it again specially for under £7,00 as I did.

Laser 5198 Windshield Repair Kit
Laser 5198 Windshield Repair Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracks, 1 Dec 2013
Had three cracks (less than 1cm) on my windshield one of them clearly more than one layer of glass.
Despite the product saying that couldn't fix more than one layer, I went ahead. Followed the instructions and fixed three cracks in less than 1 hour.
And saved myself £ 75,00 of the insurance excess.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars As indended, 1 Dec 2013
It rains quite a bit in the island (England) so I wanted a rain repellant.
Having read so many reviews I went for Rain X.
I followed the instructions on the bottle and I must say, after a little bit more than a month, and with only one layer applied to the car it still reppel every single drop of rain and even ice does not stick to the windshield.

Great product and I'll keep using it.

Rain X 81199200 Anti Fog Repellent
Rain X 81199200 Anti Fog Repellent
Offered by Carbitsltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Antifog that works, 1 Dec 2013
My car does not have A/C so it tends to be quite foggy during the winter months and hard to defog.
Applied two layers of the product after cleaning the inside of all windows of the car. Works as intended.
I tend to clean the inside of each window every two or three weeks and then apply two layers of the product.
Works great and I will keep using it. No need for A/C.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and good, 1 Dec 2013
This is just a blindfold. There's only one use to it, to blindfold one so that one can sleep while being comfortable to wear during sleep.
It does what is intended and at a fraction of the price of the high street retailer (I've seen them for £ 5.00) so good value for money.
Believe me, I'm using one blindfold for the last 6 years so I tend to know quite a bit about them.
They are actually so good that I may well stock up with another pair.

Silvine Executive Soft Feel Notebook Ruled with Marker Ribbon 160pp 90gsm A5 Black Ref 197BK
Offered by 365DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Moleskine, 21 Oct 2013
I use these notebooks at work to take notes on the fly.
Usually I go through one of these every two months or so. Although I've started using Moleskines I've decided to give it a god with the Silvine ones, as they were at 50% of the price of a Moleskine.
I don't feel that they are less good than a Moleskine so I switched brands. I would recommend you try one and see if you really like it.
Makes no difference to a Moleskine. In fact I may say that the paper user may well be of better quality.

EAGLE 30W Soldering Iron
EAGLE 30W Soldering Iron
Offered by imustbuy

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 29 May 2013
This review is from: EAGLE 30W Soldering Iron (Misc.)
Does the job and you can replace the tip in case you need it (smaller ones, other shapes or just a new one).
For the price you can't go wrong. Mind that this is only used for that odd job at home.

Fosmon Crystal Clear Screen Protector Shield for Barnes & Noble NOOK HD+ 9" inch Tablet - 3 Pieces
Offered by theWireless USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as stated, 29 May 2013
I did read the other reviews. I'm glad it brings three screen protectors as I, as usual, damaged the first one and trash it.
But since it had two more, I was able to install the second without a lot of trouble.
It is easy to put and I ended up with a perfect fit, with no air bubbles underneath.

My fingers slide well if not better than without the screen protector and since I can't notice the protector when using the Nook it means that the product is really good. No reflections or smear marks.

Would buy again if I had another Nook HD+ to protect.

Anker® 1800mAh Li-ion Battery For Samsung Galaxy S I9000, Samsung Captivate SGH-I897, Epic 4G SPH-D700, Vibrant SGH-T959, Focus SGH-I917; Fits EB575152VA
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Great battery for Samsung Galaxy S i9000, 2 Feb 2013
Battery works great!
Bought it replace the stock one.
Way better than the original.
Had 3G on and heavy usage of email during the day on a location with not so good coverage and even so got 16 hours of battery life.

Great product