Profile for Marc > Reviews

Marc

Train Of Thought
Train Of Thought
Price: 6.65

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Dream Theater... What More Can I Give Than 5 Stars?, 6 Nov 2003
This review is from: Train Of Thought (Audio CD)
It's Dream Theater...
Just buy the album!!!

Valley Of The Damned
Valley Of The Damned
Offered by the_record_factory
Price: 5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars ...!, 28 Jan 2003
This review is from: Valley Of The Damned (Audio CD)
I'm left speechless.
Well, not quite. I've been listening to Heavy Metal since I was 4 years old, my sister gave me a Diamond Head LP and I started getting deeper and deeper into the hole. The first album I bought was a 7" 'Haunting The Chapel' by Slayer and since then I was converted. I am nearly 19 now, which means that I have been listening to Heavy Metal for nearly 15 years...
... And I have never heard anything like this, this album is beyond excellent. Think Helloween + Dream Theater x Yngwie Malmsteen - Hair Metal + About 10x Faster = Dragonforce. If this band keeps doing what they're doing, getting more airplay and getting more attention as a whole, they could be one of the greatest Heavy Metal bands of all time.
I first heard of them whilst I was searching through mp3.com for Blind Guardian songs, and it turns out that their song 'Valley Of The Damned' had been at the top of the Power Metal charts for just about a year. So, out of curiosity, I downloaded the song. I think the best thing about it was the fact that it was their demo, I wanted to hear a full-length album with better production... So here I am about one year later and it's finally here.
The guitars are diabolical in a good way, how they can play those harmonies are beyond me and I've been playing 5 hours everyday for the past 9 years. The drumming is amazing...That's all I can say really. The bass... In order to keep up with the rhythm and drumming, well, it has to be good. The vocals match perfectly. The lyrics are your typical Power Metal stuff (dragons, swords, battles etc) but that makes no difference to me because the album is purely and simply amazing.
Postive Things - Everything.
Negative Things - Nothing.
I know it's only January and the first month of the year, but I have already made this number 1 album of the year.
If you are any serious and decent Heavy Metal fan, you have got to get this!

Dissimulate
Dissimulate
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My Goodness..., 11 Oct 2002
This review is from: Dissimulate (Audio CD)
4 words, "heavy as it gets". If you have ever heard any of their stuff then you will know how heavy this is. Typically you'd expect just another Grindcore/Black Metal/Death Metal or whatever band here but there is some genuine greatness in both the production of the music and complexity of the bass, guitar and drumming. The drumming is probably the most exceptional thing about this album, you see, the drummer just recently broke the world record for playing 1148 single-strokes in under a minute so if that's not fast then you need to have your head examined. Think an electric drill but being put behind a drum kits and played by a human... Know what I mean? Perhaps I'm too weird after listening to this album to actually describe it in any better way.
You have to buy this album if you're a fan of really, really, really, really heavy music in the vain of Mortician and Dying Fetus, Mortician especially.
Just Buy it, for goodness sake.
*WARNING* This album is NOT for people who think Nu-Metal is good.

Oi! This Is England
Oi! This Is England

2.0 out of 5 stars Mostly Bad, 20 Sep 2002
This review is from: Oi! This Is England (Audio CD)
Let me tell you this first, it's a great deal... nearly 70 songs on 3 discs for the price of a packet of fags!!! But what it means price wise lacks actual enthusiam of this compilation. Unfortunetly, there aren't that many decent songs on here. When people think of 'Oi! Punk' they think, The Exploited (in Thrash mode), Sham 69 (in Thrash mode), Skrewdriver, Discharge and many other bands. The reason I say this is because if you're expecting some harsh, fast, aggressive music (like Thrash) then don't buy this compilation as it's just a hastily put together collection of rubbish songs.
Whenever I first started listening to this kind of music I thought of band called The Exploited doing a song called 'The Massacre' and then comparing it to everything else. Now that song in particular is one of my favourite songs of all time, that is Oi! Punk, this compilation is not Oi! punk, this compilation is a collection of songs that were done by a bunch of rejects from the 70's punk scene. A few live songs from bands like Sham 69 and Cockney Rejects but not one of these songs is in comparison to REAL Oi! Punk.

Holy Bible: King James Version Devotional Ivory Gold Gilded Page Edges
Holy Bible: King James Version Devotional Ivory Gold Gilded Page Edges

5.0 out of 5 stars before you judge me for being a bible basher read the review, 18 Dec 2000
well, basically the review of this book mainly focuses on the aspect that this book was written with the soul intention of being a fictious document and not a heretical document configured to something as which we devote our lives too. i gave this five stars in the order to actually process the indignation of this book and all its hypocritical statements and contradictions. just so you can open your eyes to figure that this is a replica of the original copy of the king james edition of the bible, not the biased brown book which you all read today. this book was originally written just a basically a fiction piece not as something for you to actually worship. the new copy of the bible has changed many of the texts described in the original king james version because many religious leaders around the world actually believe themselves that it is basically a hypocrites contradiction. when the religious leaders realised that this book is very important to "organized" religion and thatif so many people follow it then they should change it to actually make it more realistic and not some book that people like me would just go around criticising. they changed the contents of the book so they could say they dont sound so hypocritical, the original copy ( the king james edition) was extremely hypocritical and the masses read the new edition of it and actually believed that it was something to worship. the reason religious leaders changed the king james edition is because it was basically one big... contradiction and well what can i say...they wanted people to belive in something good, not something that slaves, and blinded people dont see as a contradiction. if you wish to purchase this book then please compare it to the new edition of the bible and then question your faith and realise its not real!!!