Profile for J Finch > Reviews

Mistakes in the Background
Mistakes in the Background
by Laura Dockrill

4.0 out of 5 stars Odd but intriguing and fun to read, 16 Jan 2014
I bought this for myself but my 11 year old daughter has also read it now and agrees with my verdict. It's an odd compilation of thoughts, ideas and scribblings but it works. Keeps you flicking the pages. There is some teenage/adult content here but nothing my daughter couldn't handle in terms of her understanding. It's kind of like the journal you always meant to keep but never got round to.
Would recommend to others.

The Facts of Life (Rachel Riley Diaries 6)
The Facts of Life (Rachel Riley Diaries 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 16 Jan 2014
This was bought for my 11 year old daughter who is a voracious reader. She reads books in one sitting and has plowed her way through 6 of Joanna Nadin's Rachel Riley books. I was concerned the content would be too old for her - but clearly not as she loved them. She found the characters very funny and was kept interested in the whole story throughout. Would definitely recommend to others.

My (Not So) Simple Life (Rachel Riley Diaries 4)
My (Not So) Simple Life (Rachel Riley Diaries 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 16 Jan 2014

Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition (Xbox 360)
Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Really cool!, 16 Jan 2014
According to my son who apparently loves first person shoot em up genres (?) and received this for Christmas. We didn't see him all day and most of Boxing Day as he was holed up with this and his XBox, so I'm presuming that's a good thing!

Back to Life (Rachel Riley Diaries 5)
Back to Life (Rachel Riley Diaries 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 16 Jan 2014
My daughter loved this book and read it in one sitting. She's 11 (going on 16) and I did worry that some of the content may be too old for her but clearly not.

My Championship Year
My Championship Year
by Jenson Button

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting insight into Jenson's championship year but not very in-depth, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: My Championship Year (Paperback)
I bought this book for my partner who lives and breathes F1. He said it was interesting as you did get a sense of what goes on behind the scenes but this wasn't very in-depth and not particularly personal to Jenson Button. The writing style is like a journalist taking down notes as Jenson is speaking but it doesn't flow particularly well and only scratches the surface of what really happened during this year and how Jenson felt about it. An OK and interesting read for F1 fans but don't expect any amazing insights.