Profile for Dreams > Reviews

The Twits
The Twits
by Roald Dahl

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 15 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Twits (Paperback)
A wonderful book, like all Roald Dahl books really :-) My parents first read it to me 25 years ago when I was 5-6 years old. I loved it then. It gave me one minor nightmare (mom with a glass eye) :-D Since then I have read the book many times more, it's just fantastic. I just purchased it for my niece and nephew who are 5 and 7, I'm sure they will love it too!

Sprinklebakes: Dessert Recipes to Inspire Your Inner Artist
Sprinklebakes: Dessert Recipes to Inspire Your Inner Artist
by Heather Baird

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!!, 29 Oct. 2012
If you don't know SprinkleBakes you are missing out! The blog is fantastic, full of original recipes and ideas, the book is even better! It actually exceeded my expectations when it arrived! 269 pages full of loveliness!

What I love about the book is that Heather Baird approaches all her recipes and ideas from an artist's perspective, she teaches us about colours, paints, lines and sculptures. This is not your average recipe book, Heather takes you through all the elements of art in baking to help you create your own edible art masterpiece!

The book starts off with a good collection of basic recipes for cakes, cookies, candies, icings, pastries and crusts. The rest of the book is full of original and creative recipes. My favorites so far: the banana pudding cake, free form lollipops, the glittering cookie tree, and the the yema candy.

Cake Wrecks: When Professional Cakes Go Horribly, Hilariously Wrong
Cake Wrecks: When Professional Cakes Go Horribly, Hilariously Wrong
by Jen Yates

5.0 out of 5 stars hilarious, 9 Oct. 2012
This book was a treat, never laughed so hard :-) Still snickering thinking about some of the cakes in this book, and the clever commentary. The funny, hilarious, sarcastic commentary is what makes this book! love it!

Marzipan Magic: Animal Modelling Made Easy
Marzipan Magic: Animal Modelling Made Easy
by Maisie Parrish

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 20 Sept. 2012
the only animals I really liked were the cows on the cover. I don't think I'll ever use the other animals on any cake.

Sensational Sugar Animals
Sensational Sugar Animals
by Frances McNaughton

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 18 Sept. 2012
I was not impressed at all. The cover looks nice, but the animals inside are not that great. Frances has tried too hard making them too realistic and arty. I don't think anyone would actually put one of these animals on a cake, they look like they belong on an oil painting. No, these animals have no cuteness whatsoever.