Profile for Reader, I Read It > Reviews

Content by Reader, I Read It

Reader, I Read It "Sarah" (London)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
BaByliss 3035BU Thermo Ceramic Rollers
BaByliss 3035BU Thermo Ceramic Rollers

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for curly, full hair., 7 Oct 2014
I love these rollers. They are so quick and easy to use. Great price and great results. With the variety of sized rollers you can create different looks but ultimately, hair comes out full, thick and full of body. I have now banished the straighteners.

Leitz Wow A4 Ruled Notebook - Metallic Pink
Leitz Wow A4 Ruled Notebook - Metallic Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Met my high standards, 7 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I usually buy Moleskine notebooks so standards are high when it comes to stationary. This notebook has quality paper and is lovely to use. I am currently using it for project work and brainstorming ideas. Each page comes with a section for a header and a date so you could easily organise your notes by creating an index page at the front.

The colour is bright (not too girly but a nice strong pink) and the notebook feels sturdy enough to be thrown into bags etc. I would buy this again once this one is used up.

The Paris Winter
The Paris Winter
by Imogen Robertson

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 30 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Paris Winter (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Readers looking for a good historical novel will enjoy this book, especially those in love with Paris as Imogen Robertson clearly is. Many have commented on the realism of such a variety of characters thrown together but I think for Paris this was exactly what attracted so many people.

I agree that the beginning is a little difficult to get on with but the pace starts to pick up and the plot thickens with mystery and intrigue.

Clearblue Digital Pregnancy test kit Conception Indicator
Clearblue Digital Pregnancy test kit Conception Indicator
Offered by EveryDay-Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy and clear but I've heard not the most sensitive, 19 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This test is probably one of the most easiest tests you can use. It will display a digital result in the window, whether you are pregnant or not. It also claims to tell you actually by how far, however, I haven't had this result yet.

They are expensive tests so I would suggest getting a lot of cheaper tests and when you feel sure you are pregnant, get one of these to confirm and help with dating how far along you are. I've also heard that the pink dye tests you can get for a couple of pounds are a lot more sensitive for early testing.

Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test  Dual Hormone Indicator- (Pack of 10)
Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test Dual Hormone Indicator- (Pack of 10)

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, but don't get hopes up, 19 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The instructions are clear and the test is easy to use. I got confused as I had a lot of flashing smiles where you are only meant to have a couple before ovulating. Eight days later I finally got my full face smile and we had lots of hope, however there is no baby yet.

Get this product if you are confused over when in your cycle you ovulate. If nothing else, it gives you some idea which may help in future months. I am going to buy this product again to give it another go.

Remington AS7055 Big Style
Remington AS7055 Big Style

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to use, 23 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Remington Big Style looks like a great product. It is slick and light and comes with enough attachments to create a variety of looks. It arrives boxed up in its own clear purple trimmed bag which looks stylish and is handy to store.

I have medium length hair which is very thick and straight so I love anything that can give me a bit of volume, bounce and curl.

I dried my hair with the Concentrator first which did take a while as there isn't a lot of power - you could get away with this if you were traveling and didn't want to take a hairdryer but for every day it would be quite time consuming.

The Bristle Brush is probably my favourite part of this product. it did add height and volume and would give you an easy and quick blow-dried look without having to manage hairdryer and brush at the same time.

The curlers on the other hand are a different story. I would highly recommend watching the video before attempting this (or even buying). You have to roll up the hair blast it for 8 seconds with heat, hoping that the air doesn't displace the hair, then roll up again and blast for another 8, hoping the heat doesn't burn your scalp. I think this is probably all achieved at holding the product at the right angle which is obviously difficult when you are styling hair at the back of your head. Overall, It is a lengthy and arm aching process.

The tricky part is releasing the curler which you have to do with some care as I kept on dragging hair away from its position. I also found that the curler would hang loosely due to the fact it isn't secured properly. I can imagine with more time and practice you might be able to achieve what they did in the video, however, I really don't have either. The hair came down with a nice bounce but not very curly.

In comparison I have a set of heated curlers which heat up all in one go, quick and easy to roll up hair securely, put my make up on while they cool, take the curlers out and my hair is amazingly curly and styled. I can't fault them.

Even though this product is neat and slick you really have to commit some time to styling your hair. The brush is a plus but I think you can achieve this look with bigger heated curlers so I would still recommend you look at those products first.

Philips PerfectCare Pure GC7619/20 Steam Generator Iron with OptimalTemp No Fabric Burns Technology
Offered by Tribal UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Bulky but effective, 9 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great iron. Glides very well and automatically adjusts to any sort of material you use it on. I found using this iron really speeds up the task, even to a point where you can just put the iron down on the board without the risk of burning it.

The one major downside as although the iron is light and small the whole devise is big and bulky. You will have to find adequate space for it and prepared to lug it about if you iron in a different room.

The iron is quite easy to put together following the instructions - as this is the first time I've had this type of iron I was wondering if there was anything more to it than filling up the base with water and adding the cartridge into the top of the base - two come with the iron itself.

Overall, great if you have plenty of space and are able to carry it around. It does mean you get your ironing done quite fast.

Expecting a Baby? (One Born Every Minute)
Expecting a Baby? (One Born Every Minute)
by Dr. Penelope Law

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid reference book, 12 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is quite a large and heavy book full of facts and tips for the entirety of your pregnancy. The week by week guide make it a good reference point but also for any extra information or specific situations you might find yourself in there is a lot of information you could find by doing a quick search of the index (reading the book page by page in one go would take a long time).

My biggest plus point about this book is the non biased voice which is important for areas like pain relief and breast feeding. I also appreciated the advice that although legislation is in place, you should wait as long as possible to tell work. Sad but no doubt sound advice.

I think you could probably find every answer you have questions for in this book.

Moleskine Passion Life and Culture 2014 Weekly Diary
Moleskine Passion Life and Culture 2014 Weekly Diary

3.0 out of 5 stars Nearly perfect, 12 Jan 2014
I have been eagerly awaiting a diary which will allow me to specifically track the best of art and culture throughout the year. I like to make a record of the books I've read and the movies I've seen. This goes a step further where each week is laid out with notes for cultural highlights and notes section.

In addition the diary contains:

Pages to list Events attended
A list of World Wide Art and Film Festivals
Pages dedicated to your art/film/movie/music/ reviews (similar to the Mokeskine Passion planners) although only a couple per category so feels like more of a token addition than useful for your years worth of reviews.
Notes section
A separate tabbed booklet to use as you please - perhaps extra reviewing pages?

All in all a great concept and nearly nailed on the head. My main issue is that the two page weekly layout means you need tiny handwriting to capture all of your notes. I've found I've gone across days to capture everything I wanted to.

For such a high end brand I would expect Moleskine to really think about how this book would be used or any issues. I get the feeling it was something that they wanted to create quickly without wanting to use up too much paper.

I would recommend this to those who would have some good ideas on how to adapt the diary to work for you, or have extremely neat handwriting.

The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike)
The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike)
by Robert Galbraith

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow start but a good read, 2 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A new Detective story not only in the ever popular crime genre but for our author, J K Rowling. The story follows Cormoran Strike and his temporary assistant Robin. I really enjoyed Robin's character and her survival through London life and a rocky relationship at home. Her determination to support Cormoran despite his detective agency is neglected to say the least. Her support comes at just the right time when he is asked to investigate the death of a high profile model who fell from her apartment balcony.

A little slow paced at times but if you like intriguing detective novels, then this is the book for you.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7