Profile for Laika > Reviews

4Ft Flannelette 100% Brushed Cotton Fitted 28cms deep Cream RRP £32
4Ft Flannelette 100% Brushed Cotton Fitted 28cms deep Cream RRP £32
Offered by elinens

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, 4 Jan. 2015
These are not the cheapest flanelette sheets on Amazon but I decided I would pay the extra in the hope they were of good quality. i have not been disappointed. These seem to be quite thick and, after washing and tumble drying, nice and soft and fluffy. They are not the jersey type sheets but a proper woven material. The cream colour is quite a deep cream - almost a pale yellow.

Swedish Salt Salmiak & strong salt Liquorice Fish (GLUTEN FREE)-100 gram bag
Swedish Salt Salmiak & strong salt Liquorice Fish (GLUTEN FREE)-100 gram bag
Offered by ATL Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Different!, 4 Jan. 2015
I was in two minds about trying these after reading the reviews but I'm glad I did go for the plunge!
I was quite nervous about putting a whole one in my mouth so bit off a head! Hmm. Quite an unusual experience - the first thing you taste is salt which disolves straight away on your tongue but as you chew, the sweetness of the licorice comes through making for a strange contrast of flavours. Fortunately, I loved it!
The licorice is soft and chewy and the flavour lingers after the sweet itself has gone. I think I'm addicted.
I suppose if i hadn't liked them I could have offered them to unsuspecting friends and family for a laugh when they popped theem in their mouths!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit scratchy, 1 Jun. 2014
Love the pink ink colour but the pen nib becomes a bit scratchy as you write. I prefer a gel roller ball.

TeckNet® New iPad 3 & iPad 2 Premium Folio Case / Cover and Flip Stand & Magnetic Auto-Sleep For New Apple iPad 3rd Generation & iPad 2 - Pink
Offered by SPEEDY GOAL LIMITED

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 1 Jun. 2014
I bought the pale pink version and absolutely love the colour, but it is also a really useful cover and stand. It has a little pocket inside which is handy too - I keep the cleaning cloth in there. The auto sleep function does not apply to my ipad as it does not have this function - the older ones didn't, but when I tried it with my friend's newer ipad it worked fine. I would have liked real leather, but this is quite a good substitute and overall, I think it represents very god value for money.

Jisoncase 100% Handmade iPhone 5 5S Premium PU Leather [ Not Compatible with Apple iPhone 6 Air 5C 4S 4 3gs ] Newest Arrival Side Folio Flip Designer Case For iPhone 5 5s With FBA Fast Shipping Case/Shell/Holster/Skin With Fully Protective For iPhone 5 Rose Red Color JS-IP5-03H33
Offered by Labato UK Official Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looks and function., 1 Jun. 2014
This fitted my 5s perfectly and has a really nice soft, smooth feel to it. I wanted something that would protect my phone while it is in the depths of my handbag and to feel warmer on my hands than the cold metal. This fits the bill perfectly. I bought the pink and it is true to the colour on my screen. Despite having no magnetic closure, it stays shut and it easy to open. I like it so much in fact, I would consider getting more in different colours!

The Wicked Girls
The Wicked Girls

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing to get excited about here., 28 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Wicked Girls (Kindle Edition)
This was quite a readable book and the topic of rehabilitated child murderers trying to assimilate into society was an interesting one. However, the dull characters and stereotypes started to annoy me. I started getting bored with the predictability of it and just wanted to finish it to see if there would be an interesting twist at the end. Sadly there wasn't.
The author's decision to completely abandon the rules of English grammar irked me somewhat too. Ironically, one of the characters was described as having sensitivity to the misuse of grammar. I too developed this condition as the author played fast and loose with the rules. It was not just for dramatic effect; the whole book was written this way

Jack Ketch's Puppets (The Borough Boys)
Jack Ketch's Puppets (The Borough Boys)

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting storyline - needs a good editor, 3 Sept. 2013
What I enjoyed about this book was the way it brought the 1850 city to life, seeing it through the eyes of a young policeman. It was a good story which took the reader into the seedy, dangerous underworld which existed before the welfare state. The characterisation was for the most part good, with an assortment of 'goodies and baddies'. Sadly, what I didn't enjoy was the poor spelling and grammar, the use of modern expressions/vocabulary and the rather stilted narrative. Dialogue should be used to move the story along in some parts as I found myself becoming bored with the strange descriptions. It was almost as if I was reading them from some school textbook. I also found the weird euphenisms a bit annoying along with slang words and expressions which were not explained.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty and useful, 12 Aug. 2013
This is a useful little shrug as it will reduce in size so you can stuff it in your handbag and it still looks goodwhen you put it on! It is useful as a little extra warmth when the evenings turn a bit chilly and looks quite pretty and lacy on. I would like to get a few in different colours for different outfits as I cant see this as a style that would date really.

Dexlan Induction Energy Optical Mouse
Dexlan Induction Energy Optical Mouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable to use and works well, 12 Aug. 2013
I find this type of mouse to be really easy to set up and use and also they seem to be free of the jerkiness that I have experienced with other mice. I have used a previous model until the surface on the mouse pad wore away - I think this is a problem for heavy users - or maybe it is just me being heavy handed.
The only thing I would criticise about this model is the lack of a 'back button'. Instead they have given it a 'double click button' which I never use. It would be much more useful to have retained the page back feature in my opinion.

INCENSE STICKS TULASI ROSE 6 PACK ASSPRTED FRAGRANCES - 6 PACK
INCENSE STICKS TULASI ROSE 6 PACK ASSPRTED FRAGRANCES - 6 PACK
Offered by Online4Perfume

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 14 July 2013
Lots of different rose scents for different moods. I love the smell of roses so this was ideal for me. The sticks had a good strong scent too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3