Profile for P. Saunders > Reviews

Content by P. Saunders

P. Saunders (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
3 Pack Dream Beauty® Bra - Black/White/Tan All Sizes On Drop Down Menu (XXLarge - With Padded Inserts)
Offered by Beauty Dream®

3.0 out of 5 stars Get the next size up! And have a needle and thread handy!, 9 Dec 2013
The best thing about these is the price compared to similar elsewhere (I got mine as pack of 3 plus 1 extra free for just under £14 inc. p&p)

They are very very stretchy and that's a good job otherwise they would not go on. They are comfy enough but the underband is still on the tight side, and it does roll up underneath at the front as it is very wide. So if I was buying these again I would buy the next size up as the cups would not be too big.

The pads inside are typical of these type garments, they don't fill the cup once stretched, but they are enough to cover what they need to. They do move when you take the garment off, so when you put it on, adjust them onto the right places, it's not hard to do that, and then they will stay put during normal activities.

The shoulders do slip a little but not right down over your arm, just along a bit. The neckline is quite high so it will show outside of some tops.

What has been extremely disappointing is I've only had them a week and already had to sew one up where a seam came undone joining the cup to the neckline, and honestly, there is barely any fabric there to attach so it's no wonder, and now I'm wondering how quickly they will totally fall apart.

I really needed something quickly after surgery though, and these are an ideal stopgap until I can find something nicer.

I am a 40c and these give enough support, definitely better than nothing, so that you feel decent :)

They are comfy, but you don't forget you are wearing them and I still prefer to go without if no-one will see me, but I think the bigger size may have avoided that feeling.

They do wash well :)

HomeCleanseTM Anti Allergen Spray for Soft Furnishings and Fabrics
HomeCleanseTM Anti Allergen Spray for Soft Furnishings and Fabrics
Offered by U Stores

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes! It works!, 21 Nov 2013
The first time my daughter in law came to my house after I adopted my cat, she came out in a rash all over that lasted about 24 hours. I bought this in the hope that she would be okay coming to visit after I had used it, and yes, she was fine. So relieved. It is very easy to use and you don't need to use if often so it will last a long time once you have it. The only thing I dislike is the initial smell when you've used it, which is why I took one star off, but the smell goes within a few hours at most. And it's not a bad smell, it's just not one I really like. A bit like insecticide spray smell.

A South Asian Suite
A South Asian Suite

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a complete review.... yet...., 12 Oct 2013
This review is from: A South Asian Suite (Audio CD)
I just heard this guy today on a Radio 3 jazz programme - they played I think 4 tracks from this album although as yet I only caught 2 of them - the river one, which is plain beautiful, although plain is the wrong word as it has intricacies making it exquisite and gorgeous.

The other track I heard I found exhilarating. It was in 13 1/2 over 4 time! Wow!

Being a clarinettist myself I could appreciate the techniques this guy is using and he talked about how he feels so at one with the instrument and can express himself through it. I know what he means.

He can 'bend' the notes (which I can't) and do other awesome things so it sounds like how Indian woodwinds are played (but still recognisably clarinet)

Along with the piano (he said he composes on piano so it is natural to use it in the actual music), and with other instruments too, the sound is reminiscent of what you hear in an Indian restaurant, only more Western and jazzy at the same time, so I imagine would 'gel' to Western ears better perhaps than solely Asian music.

I have the radio 3 page up ready to play the programme again and catch what I missed, and I've put the album on my wishlist as it's so different from anything I already have in my fairly extensive collection and I know I would listen to it a lot, like I do my Spyro Gyra album Heart of the Night.

I am tempted to give in and spend a fiver right now for the mp3 album. But it comes free if you buy the CD one, which I can't afford yet, but I always like to have the actual CD especially the sleeve artwork and info. So I will have to be restrained, and wait, and be happy for now that at least I heard some of it, and can look forward to owning it sometime.....

But if you are a 'money no object' person and you like quality music that is wholly original, then I recommend you buy this ASAP so you can enjoy it as often as you like. Lucky you!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 11, 2013 9:03 PM GMT

Kensingtons 100% Egyptian Cotton 400 Thread Count Pillows Pair
Kensingtons 100% Egyptian Cotton 400 Thread Count Pillows Pair
Offered by Kensingtons

4.0 out of 5 stars These are sooooo nice! :), 8 Mar 2013
The only thing I would have preferred about them is to have had microfibre instead of cotton for the cover, as I know that washes up really well, but it won't matter too much as it will always be covered in a slip anyway.

They are lovely and plump, even when they sink down under your head it's not all the way through like some pillows.

A little bash in the morning and they're so lovely and full again all over.

At the same time, they don't feel hard with the plumpness like some pillows do.

I've tried so many different types, including memory foam, and the orthopaedic ones, but these suit me the best :)

Topper luxury Microfibre Mattress Topper Single bed
Topper luxury Microfibre Mattress Topper Single bed
Offered by Kensingtons

5.0 out of 5 stars This is lurverlee! :), 8 Mar 2013
It's everything the seller says it is. My bed is so much more comfy than with the previous topper I had, which, unfortunately, got soiled when I was very ill, and then it didn't wash up very nice, so I got this one to replace it. My back used to feel cold in bed, but with the extra filling in this lurverlee topper I have felt much cosier :)

It is a perfect fit over the whole mattress so no gaps anywhere and stays put, no moving, wrinkling etc, just perfectly flat but also soft and cushioney.

I'm in about my second week of using it so haven't washed it yet but I would think being microfibre it's gonna come up much better than the cotton I had before.

I lurves it!

ETA: October I washed it as I fell asleep with a drink in my hand and it spilled - it has come up like new and dried quickly too over the bannister :)

The Screwtape Letters: Unabridged
The Screwtape Letters: Unabridged
by C. S. Lewis
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars It's Joss Ackland, not John Cleese!, 8 Mar 2013
It also doesn't have the internal pages shown as included in the CD packaging.

But it is still good :)

I have read the book (OK), seen a stage production (brilliant)

Wouldn't have bothered getting audio book except for friend recommending John Cleese version and I thought that's what I was ordering (from reviews)

Was disappointed but the seller very kindly refunded and let me keep it too, so I am listening anyway, and it is good :) But I wouldn't have ordered it if I'd known it wasn't the John Cleese one.

Superior Hotel Quality 14" Extra Deep Sky Blue Fitted sheets Single Bed - Luxury 200 Thread Count Easy Care Finish & 7 year Guarantee. Made In UK
Offered by The Better Sleep Company

5.0 out of 5 stars No more pinging off the corners! Yay!, 22 Feb 2013
I am so glad I found these! My mattress is 10" deep, with about a 1" topper over it, and this fits wonderfully over it all with plenty going underneath to keep it on. I haven't had to straighten it or anything over 2 nights sleep plus lots of naps due to disability so I couldn't be more pleased :) Just wish I'd found them years back when I got my then new bed! Next time I get paid I will be getting another one :)

3 Pack of Womens Fairisle Thermal Socks UK 4- 5 1/2
3 Pack of Womens Fairisle Thermal Socks UK 4- 5 1/2
Offered by Glamour Girlz

5.0 out of 5 stars Generous size - size 6 feet fine :), 19 Feb 2013
Took a chance as size 6 feet and description says up to 5 1/2, label says up to 39, which is my size shoes! Was going to give them to mum otherwise. They feel and look really nice. Not been through the wash yet so if anything is dramatically wrong I will update review otherwise assume no problems :) Yay, no more chilly feet! :)

Classic Hollowfibre Pillow - 2 x Standard Size - Medium/Firm Support
Classic Hollowfibre Pillow - 2 x Standard Size - Medium/Firm Support
Offered by Textileonline

1.0 out of 5 stars Valley down the middle!, 16 Feb 2013
I really don't like these pillows at all! They seemed fine taking them out of the packing, but after the first night there was a clear 'valley' in the middle - on inspecting the unused one this is detectable even before using - there is distinctly less filling in the middle compared to the two sides. No amount of plumping up fills the valley any better at all.

The sides are lovely, but I want to use the whole pillow not just one side! My head naturally falls down the valley and leaves my neck unsupported and really barely anything at all between my head and the mattress.

Feels like I have wasted my money and I'm not even going to bother using the other pillow - I have just ordered some different ones that I hope will be much better.

Kerbl Cat Opal Maxi Scratching Post, 39 x 39 x 78 cm
Kerbl Cat Opal Maxi Scratching Post, 39 x 39 x 78 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Good height and good value, 30 Jan 2013
I have had loads of cats in the past but this is the first time I even thought about getting a scratching post so I wasn't sure what to look for. After talking with friends who said don't bother 'cos the cats won't use them (to which my reply was on the lines of I'm still going to try it as I won't know for him otherwise), then looking at lots and reading reviews I decided to get this one.

It was extremely simple and quick to put together (just turning bits together until they're tight, all by hand) but good size, strong construction so I expect it will last ages.

He's an adult (9 years) cat that I had only had for a week, but he started to use it the third day after a little encouragement and since then he has a go a good few times a day.

The 'carpet' in description is fleece, which he loves rubbing himself on. The middle 'stripe' is a big (hardboard?) washer between the 2 parts of the post and is also fleece covered, and there is a fleece covered top too. All the fleece is such a dark chocolate brown that it's almost black and does look nice, although I wasn't bothered about colour.

He stretches out on the floor and reaches his paws up, so really he only uses the bottom half, but even doing that he reaches the middle, so I still think he probably wouldn't have taken to a short one (like most of them seem to be)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4