Profile for Lifelongreader > Reviews

The Forgotten Garden
The Forgotten Garden
by Kate Morton

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 10 July 2016
This review is from: The Forgotten Garden (Paperback)
A wonderful story that kept me guessing all the way through and although my original guess proved correct there were numerous times when I changed my mind. Lovely book, devoid of what seems to be the obligatory gratuitous sex scenes - how refreshing!

Quilted Bags and Gifts: 36 Classic Quilting Projects to Make and Give
Quilted Bags and Gifts: 36 Classic Quilting Projects to Make and Give
by Akemi Shibata

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed..., 7 July 2016
Variations of the same bag theme...had been looking for interesting/different projects but the majority of bags are the same,(in my humble opinion), boring totes with an often impractical variety of decorative processes. Nothing I'm afraid captures my imagination enough to want to make. Will be taking to the charity shop...

Doctor Thorne
Doctor Thorne

5.0 out of 5 stars A real surprise!, 27 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Doctor Thorne (Kindle Edition)
Thus was my first foray into the work of Anthony Trollope, having had my appetite whetted by the tv series. It most certainly will not be my last, absolutely loved it!

Tower Jewellery Multi Coloured Butterfly Locket on Chain of Length 46 cm
Tower Jewellery Multi Coloured Butterfly Locket on Chain of Length 46 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 14 Mar. 2016
Very pretty and much complimented... I had thus bought for me as a Christmas gift and it has been worn often since then. It is a typical size for a locket - perfect in my opinion, any larger and it would lose its charm.

FRESHWATER PEARL DROP EARRINGS - Pink Earrings - Beautiful Silver & Pearl Jewellery for Women - Real Pearl Earrings by Luxelu London - AAA Quality (Natural Pink Drop Earrings)
Offered by Lifestyle Hunter

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't hesitate to buy..., 15 May 2015
These were bought as a birthday gift for myself, specifically to wear with a string of pearls. I wasn't overly expectant so it was a very pleasant surprise when they arrived to find that they exceeded all expectations. They are a perfect complement to my existing pearls and look beautiful when worn. They are not flimsy and look far more expensive than the price paid. Would most definitely recommend.

Accusharp Knife Sharpener and ShearSharp Scissor Sharpener
Accusharp Knife Sharpener and ShearSharp Scissor Sharpener

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 21 Jan. 2015
Can't rate these highly enough, absolutely superb sharpeners, love them and use them constantly on all my smooth edged knives and scissors.

Hemline H295 Wipe Off / Wash Out Fabric Marker Pen
Hemline H295 Wipe Off / Wash Out Fabric Marker Pen
Offered by Ribbons and Buttons

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for quilting.., 21 Jan. 2015
This is a very good pen for quilting which I've just used to draw a design on a super-king size quilt. It ran out before I'd finished drawing but I'm still impressed with how far the ink stretched. I wiped off the design with a damp cloth once completed and the ink disappeared completely. Will definitely buy again.

Air/ Water Erasable Purple Fabric Marker Pen- Buy 1 Get 1 Free Offer!
Air/ Water Erasable Purple Fabric Marker Pen- Buy 1 Get 1 Free Offer!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing., 21 Jan. 2015
Can't honestly recommend these unfortunately. The difficulty is that although it's really nice to use the ink has faded before I've threaded a needle. Of no use at all in my quilting projects.

Sekonda Gents Brown Dial Date Strap WR Watch 3882
Sekonda Gents Brown Dial Date Strap WR Watch 3882
Offered by John Stewart Jewellers

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely watch., 21 Jan. 2015
Bought this for my teenage grandson as his first 'proper' grown- up watch. He loves it and so do I. It looks much more expensive than the price I paid and has a good well fitting and durable strap.

Classic Boleslawiec Pottery Hand Painted Ceramic Salad Bowl 2 litre / 3 pints 076-A-001

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!, 21 Jan. 2015
This is my second purchase of a Boleslawiec Bowl. Love that the design is both inside and out and that the capacity is very generous. Mine are used for fruit but there must be numerous other uses. Love my bowls!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8