ARRAY(0xa1f90378)

Profile for Dom > Reviews

Content by Dom

Dom

Page: 1 | 2
The Epigenetics Revolution: How Modern Biology is Rewriting Our Understanding of Genetics, Disease and Inheritance
by Nessa Carey
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 7 Jan 2014
Many sentences must be read 2,3 or even 4 times before you convince yourself you understand them only to realise two pages later that you have to go back and read them again.
It was a fantastically interesting book, incredibly readable and has opened my eyes to hitherto undknown areas of genetics that I have loved pursuing further since this eye opening read.

Zardoz [DVD]
Zardoz [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sean Connery
Price: 4.00

1.0 out of 5 stars NO, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: Zardoz [DVD] (DVD)
why did i watch this? Someone told me I should but i only realised much later than they were being sarcastic.

Raising Steam: (Discworld novel 40) (Discworld Novels)
Raising Steam: (Discworld novel 40) (Discworld Novels)
by Terry Pratchett
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars i love Terry Pratchett, 7 Jan 2014
This really is a book for fans of Pratchett. It has a lot of heart a lot of pace, and like many of his latest books the warm fuzzy feeling that the characters you know and love will come to no harm.

Remington D5020 Pro Ionic Ultra Hair Dryer
Remington D5020 Pro Ionic Ultra Hair Dryer
Price: 24.00

5.0 out of 5 stars great hair dryer, 7 Jan 2014
Dries hair. consistently. what more do you want ? Thats all I wanted and thats what i got and i like it .

Premier Housewares 2-Tier Dish Drainer - Red
Premier Housewares 2-Tier Dish Drainer - Red
Offered by Saving world
Price: 10.32

5.0 out of 5 stars a great dish rack, 7 Jan 2014
Now,
its not usual to care about dish racks.. esp not enough to research one and then review it but this is a great dish rack. Its compact, well thought through - provides you with lots of space for all of your dishes/ glasses/ cutlery. All round good purchase!

Playing cards, blank one side, pack of 200 - 00813
Playing cards, blank one side, pack of 200 - 00813
Offered by Witzigs Ltd.
Price: 2.29

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 7 Jan 2014
I use these in my classroom to randomly choose students - it works fantastically well and the students love picking a card...

Ironmongery World Old Vintage Ceramic Cast Iron Victorian Style Decorative Hat & Coat Hook
Offered by Ironmongery World (UK) Ltd
Price: 6.59

2.0 out of 5 stars I recommend that you do not buy these., 7 Jan 2014
these arrived individually wrapped
When we opened the packets each one turned out to be filthy, covered in grease that took ages to get off.
then when we opened the packet of screws these were disgusting... a bag of dust. the screws were horrendously dirty and rusty. We decided initially to give the seller the benefit of the doubt - perhaps we were going for the antique vintage look?
But no, they were so soft that at first it was incredibly difficult to screw them into the wall and then the top literally sheared off one of the screws while we were turning the screwdriver. Now we had a broken screw inside a rawl plug in the wall. After many attempts to get it out using pliers and tweezers we eventually had to drill the surrounding area away and plier it out. We now have a massive hole in the wall that we are polyfillaing in and waiting for it to dry before we decide on our next move. Not a good purchase at all.

The Man From Earth [2007] [DVD]
The Man From Earth [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Billingsley
Price: 3.85

1.0 out of 5 stars just terrible, 4 Jan 2014
I read the other reviews on here and was really looking forward to seeing this movie. When I watched it I became convinced I was watching a different movie to the one rated on here. It was just junk. The plot was phenomenally weak, slow, dull and went nowhere. the acting was poor am dram at best. I really really would not waste your time.

TONY-High Gloss TV Unit-White
TONY-High Gloss TV Unit-White

3.0 out of 5 stars good product very bad directions., 29 Oct 2013
This review is from: TONY-High Gloss TV Unit-White
This is a lovely looking unit.
It arrived in a thousand tiny pieces and the instructions for putting it together are horrendous. there are no words and the pictures are very hard to understand. Took about 5 hours and you need a good quality electric drill as not all of the holes that are in the pictures are actually on the wood. It really would have not been difficult for them to make the effort to make the instructions clearer.
It arrived with a few dings but nothing horrendous and the quality of the runners is poor. In order for one of the drawers to be usable we are going to have to look into replacing the runner.
it looks good though.

Invisible Bookshelf Set of 4 - My Perfect Home
Invisible Bookshelf Set of 4 - My Perfect Home
Offered by My Perfect Home GmbH
Price: 39.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, very strong, 22 Oct 2013
Great product, looks fantastic. They've thought about every detail down to having small clips to clip the underside of a book to the bottom so it truly does look like floating books. Came with very high standard of screw and plug and seems very strong. Highly recommended. I ordered another set.

Page: 1 | 2