Profile for Sarah D > Reviews

Content by Sarah D

Sarah D

DELL OPTIPLEX GX520 POWERFUL PENTIUM HT 2.8, 2 GB DDR2, 250 GB SATA HDD, 256 MB GRAPHIC, DVD , Keyboard & Mouse, Internet Ready, Windows XP

3.0 out of 5 stars Refurb or New?, 7 Jun. 2012
I bought the Dell Optiplex GX 520 and it was delivered today, Thursday 7th June. Hmmmm, Connected fine, plug out plug in, no problem. The unit itself was scratched and dirty, it didnt seem to have been polished or even a duster run over it.The cd player requires an upgrade as it wont play any cds, though it does show photos on cd.Also I have to push the cd into the drive as it doesnt load very well at all. The seller stated this unit came with a mouse which I'm still trying to find... but it did come with a power lead, which wasn't stated on the sellers site, so I suppose that makes up for missing mouse.At the moment I'm unable to play music on Youtube, though I can play music from various radio stations,so maybe Im doing something wrong on Youtube. Over the weekend I will sit down and figure it out.So far it has frozen a few times, even though I was careful to shut down programmes properly.No extra were installed on the unit, unlike another seller, whose customer comments I read, lucky you! Next time I really will be careful about buying refurbs or used units. Time will tell with this one.Overall not sad but no ecstatic either.