Profile for Andy C > Reviews

Content by Andy C

Andy C "Andy C" (Manchester,UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Bluetooth Wireless Hands-free Calling Car Kit, CrazyFire® In-car Bluetooth Speakerphone Receiver Car MP3 Portable Adapter Built-in Microphone, CVC Noise Cancelling for iPhone, Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG and So On
Offered by RESON

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth Wireless Hands-free Calling Car Kit, 8 Jun. 2016

Reviewer Andy Cowdell
I received this item at a discount price on the condition that I would give an unbiased review.
So lets start..Everybody waits in anticipation for the postman knocking on the door and I'm no exception ( even at 70 years old/young ).
The package came within 2 days of putting my order in (which is excellent service ) So the seller gets full credit 5 stars.

The Outer package consists of a cardboard Amazon Carton with the Bluetooth CarKit inside.
The packaging of the Bluetooth Car Kit was in excellent quality itself.

Package List:

1 x Bluetooth Wireless Hands-free Calling Car Kit
1 x Car Charger USB plug
1 x USB Cable
1 x User manual a Paper Manual ( which is divided into 6 sections).
After unpacking it all I charged the Bluetooth so that I could read the manual before I started.

How to pair the phone to Bluetooth device.
Switch Bluetooth device on l/hand switch under the Knob on far left and then turn your mobile Bluetooth on search and you will find ( CAR KIT ) and pair, I did not have to put a pin number in like the manual says but the number is 4 zero's (0000) if you need to.They found each other straight away.
There are 3 buttons green/make call.. blue/menu.. red/end call.
A short press on the middle button (blue) brings up a menu of 5 symbols and from left to right are listed below as 1 to 5.By turning either knob on the ends of device you will move along the symbols you can also go backwards by turning the knob the opposite way,when you get to the one you want press the answer/call button (green) which you use as {select} and when you finished press the hangup/end call (red) to finish and come out of menu,(you can also use Blue)to exit menu.
In browse phone book if you have nothing in then nothing shows so you want to copy phone book contacts to device, and how to do this is quite easy if you have only one phone book. In my case I had Contacts-Sim-Messenger-Whatsapp and Google account.
As you know you can sync/save to all accounts or cloud, so in my case I had Contacts-Sim-Messenger-Whatsapp and Google account so when I first copied phone book over it copied all contacts over from every one of the above so the phone book was in triple. The way I had to get round this was delete all my contacts except my Sim ones in my phone then next stage was delete all contacts on Bluetooth device and after deleting all from phone except Sim I then copied phone book over. That worked a treat and its the only way because I couldn't find a way to delete a single contact in my phonebook on the Bluetooth device.
I also couldn't find a way to sort them in the order that I have them in my phone. These are the 5 symbols that I said above from left to right.

1 Browse phone book / copy phone book to device ( Bluetooth Dialer/Receiver )..shows an open book

2 In Register / Miss register / Out Register..shows phone receiver lifted up

3 Delete Phone book / Delete Call Redial.. shows an eraser

4 Language Select / LCD Contrast..shows spanner cog (Tools)

5 No More Data.. shows mobile phone with data signal coming out of phone side.

The easiest way to use this is to remember the buttons ..press middle button ( blue or number 2) for menu..turn either knob to what ever you want..select with green button ( number 1).. when finished doing what you want then press blue button ( Number 2) to end or come out of menu.

L/H Knob for volume
R/H Knob when in standby mode turn it to go straight into phone book contacts select the contact you want an press answer/call button.Press hangup/end call when finished.
To charge up device fit USB lead to device and USB plug and plug into cigarette socket.

The manual states that you can match two mobile phones and multi-party conversation function but I did not try that as its something I wouldn't use while driving.

The Things I disliked:
I couldn't find a way to sort the contacts out in the order and I also disliked that when copying my phone book from phone if you have Whatsapp,Tengi,messenger etc then it copies all contacts over so you could get triple contacts like I did . I tried in my phone to manage contacts and only to display Sim contacts only but it still copied all the rest of the contacts over.
The fonts on screen are big and clear which is good except for long phrase like: delete phone book the fonts are too big for those phrases and only "show delete phone b" and "browse phone b" missing out the last three letters.The screen holds itself holds 14 letters/numbers in a single line.

The question is do I like it and would I use it?
The one that I have and used for the last 3 years has only got a mode button ( No Screen on that ) an On/Answer and a Stop/Hangup button.
So the answer to my question is yes I am going to use it instead of my old one and yes I do like it and I have recommended it to my Brother-in-law and my Son-in-law,
And so here's what I give out of 5 stars:
1-Packaging and quickness of delivery 5 Stars.
2-Easiness of use 4 Stars: The reason I gave 4 is because I didn't do the (two mobile phones and multi-party conversation function).
3-The Build 5 Stars: The Build and body of it is plastic but the clamps are metal and it looks good as well as feeling good.
The display is bright and clear with a built in 3-level backlight brightness which helps during night driving.
4-Battery Life 5 Stars: When the device is not used,It will automatically go into standby mode and use less power but will activate by pressing any button
or a phone call. Charging the battery is a doddle with the lead and car plug just plug into cigarette socket and away you go.
Overall I think 19/20 is a fair result for the Bluetooth Car Kit.

Specs:....
1. Measurement:
Body L*W*H: 120mm*55mm*50mm
2. Main body weight: about 120g
3. Bluetooth version: CSR BC5 V2.0
4. Echo-eliminating technology: CVC Tech
5. Speaker output: 1 W
6. Input Charging Voltage: DC 5V(300mA)
7. Battery Voltage: 4.2V
14. Voltage supplied by the car charger: DC 5V
15. Support languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
16. Charged by car cigarette lighter: Support

Multi functions:

1. Bluetooth Matching: Utilizing the newest high-quality BC5 chipset from CSR Company, compatible with smartphones, iPad, iPod and other mobile devices.
2. Hands-free Calling: Built-in high sensitive microphone and high-power loudspeaker, DSP full duplex calling, CVC echo-eliminating and noise-eliminating technology .
3. Quick Button: Dial out the number you select quickly under standby mode.
4. Standby and Power off: With high-capacity rechargeable Li-ion battery built-in, automatically come to standby mode and use small power consumption when it is idle.
5. Phone book function: Built in high-capacity memory, can save 800 phone numbers. Cell phone book can be synchronized to the device.
6. Calls Record
The latest 10 incoming call records & latest 10 dialed calls in the phone book & latest 10 missed calls.
7. Matching Two mobile phones and Multi-party conversation function

Reviewed By Andy C I hope this helps anyone who is thinking of buying.

ShiRui T3 Ultra-thin 2.4GHz Wireless Silent Click Optical Mouse 4 Buttons for Windows and Mac (Brown)
Offered by LegoTech

5.0 out of 5 stars ShiRui T3 Ultra-thin 2.4GHz Wireless Silent Click Optical Mouse/Mice ( Is it an oddball or not !! ), 2 Jun. 2016
Hi I wanted another mouse 'cause my 2 smallest grandsons keep pinching mine,and so I got this from Amazon at a discount for reviewing it.

The ShiRui T3 Ultra-thin 2.4GHz Wireless Silent Click Optical SROCKER Mouse comes in a small box with the mouse in side a small plastic bag and a 4 page 2" square paper manual on how to use it.
The manual says that open the battery cover under the mouse and you will find the USB dongle/receveiver and put that in the computers usb port before you switch the mouse on. The mouse takes 2 AAA batteries and has a on/off switch underneath.PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT THE MOUSE IS SWITCHED OFF UNTILL YOU HAVE PUT THE DONGLE IN THE COMPUTER AND THEN YOU CAN SWITCH THE MOUSE ON. The computer found it straight away and I had no problems at all with it.
When you don't use the mouse for a long time then the mouse will enter sleep mode to save the battery. To wake up the mouse all you have to do is click the mouse and then carry on working as normal. You can adjust the DPI according to what you need.
On the box it gives a choice of 8 colours
1-Green 2-Yellow 3-Black 4-Pink 5-Blue 6-White 7-Brown 8-Grey
The one I got was Brown but it looks more like a light Gold Colour.
It is 2 toned mouse with Gold colour on top and white below on the sides and under neath.
On the top it has a wheel in the centre at the front and just behind it a slim push button which is used to change the DPI
The Ultra thin mouse is roughly 11cm (4.1/4")in length and 5.7cm (2.1/4") wide which is 2cm longer than my favourite mouse.
The mouse at its highest point of the arc is only 2cm, Where my mouse is just short of 4cm so the difference is quite a lot.
I found it uncomfortable and peculiar at first bacause of its flatness where I'm used to a good arc that fits nice an snug in my hand and it seemed unnatural.
I don't use a mouse mat 'cause I generally use the mouse straight on the table with out a mat, I did this with this mouse and it performed very well.I used this mouse with my ASUS laptop and had no problems at all. I also asked my eldest grandson to try it out on his gaming machine playing C.O.D but although it worked it definightly is not for gaming with.
Its made in China and out of plastic and if dropped hard enough onto a solid floor it would probably break.
So my conclusion is if you want a wireless mouse for a desktop/laptop for normal use other than gaming then I would say you can't go wrong with it. Although the shape is a bit weird especially if you haven't had an Ultra Thin one before I found myself growing to it and its becoming more comfortable as the days go on.
This product was got with a discount for an unbiased review.
Reviewed by Andy C

Nokia Lumia 930 schwarz
Nokia Lumia 930 schwarz
Offered by sotel-electronics

2.0 out of 5 stars Lumia Windows Phone Bad Experience, 26 May 2016
Hi I git this to look at a windows phone. When I got this I had a lot of optimism for the phone especially with all the hype of windows 10 across the board. Unfortunately the windows 10 has not reached this phone and now microsoft as pulled out it,it looks like a lame duck of a phone.
Not many apps and ringtones are rubbish and if you want to make one its capped to 27 seconds long. I used this for about 9 months hoping windows 10 would make something of it, but alas no its not coming especially since microsoft has sold its phone business on. Now its thrown in the back of the draw where it belongs. The first week I got it I got off on the wrong foot with it, because while out with my family in three seperate cars I found that all my contacts had gone missing.I could recieve calls but not phone anybody because I had no contacts in my phone,they went missing for about 2 hours then they came back in the phone very mysteriously as the went.Took my sim card out to try in my daughters phone and found nothing on sim (blank). It took an update to put it right and a lot of re inputting of contacts.
Nothing to right home about this so I'll leave it to you to decide,me I'll leave it at the back of the drawer.
an unbiased review and a bad experience with windows phone.

Offered by Tigerbox

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to apply and bubble free, 26 May 2016
Does What It Says On The Tin !!!!
One of The Thicker Glass Screens Tigerbox® Premium Tempered Glass Scratch Proof Crystal Clear Screen Protector (0.4mm Thickness) For LG G4 (H815) Mobile Phone.
A premium quality Tigerbox® Brand oleophobic coated tempered glass screen protector for your mobile phone.
This anti-scratch, anti-glare screen protector provides the ultimate protection for your screen.
Easy to apply and bubble free. The 0.4mm thickness ensures your touch screen is unaffected.
Also included is an anti-static microfibre cleaning cloth and alcohol wipe ensure perfect application.
Please note: If your handset's display has curved edges, then the screen protector will not cover those areas. The screen protector may also cover front facing cameras, however this does not affect performance in any way.
When you come to put this on your phone becareful because you don't do it like an ordinary screen protector.
1 you clean your phone glass with an alcohol wipe then dry it off with microfibre cleaning cloth.
2 peal the cover off protector and that side goes on phone.
3 align up carefully from above phone and let it drop flat on to glass and then put thumb in middle of glass and with skight pressure press and you will see the air come out as you work from middle to edges.
.....if you don't get it right first time or you have got dust under it then lift off from corner gently and rewipe glass then try again.
before doing it I suggest you google youtube to see how its done to give you an idea.

an unbiased review from Andy C

LG G4 Case - Ringke FUSION ***COMPATIBLE with LEATHER LG G4*** [FREE HD Film][CRYSTAL VIEW][All New Dust Cap & Drop Protection] Premium Crystal Clear Back Shock Absorption Bumper Hard Case for LG G4 - Eco/DIY Package
Offered by Ringke Official UK Store

5.0 out of 5 stars LG G4 Case - Ringke FUSION ***COMPATIBLE with LEATHER LG G4, 26 May 2016
Got this for myself after seeing the wifes,and it is worth every penny that I paid for it. My phone is a LG G4 and has a leather back and this case is Compatible with the LG G4 (Fits to all Leather, Metallic, and Ceramic Craft backs) perfectly. The case is Anti-Scratch Technology with Innovative Anti-Static Element to Prevent Your Phone from Dust [PLEASE REMOVE CASE PROTECTIVE FILMS FROM BOTH SIDES (INSIDE AND OUTSIDE)]
The case is Stylish with an All Around Protection Design: To Show off natural beauty of your phone's design and provides better protection against impacts without adding extra bulk.The New Active Touch technology is design for a more natural responsive feel when pushing the volume and power button,it also protects against scratches, dirt, dust, and everyday hazards. The case has the precise cutouts and mouldings which allows full access to all ports, buttons, cameras.The edge of the case has a raised lip on it so when the phone is on the table etc face down the case raises it off the surface,and we've all put our phones down face down and got them scratched at some point.So with that in mind Its certainly a hit with me.
With it being clear you can do It Yourself: Personalize Your Case Over and Over.Put a photo inside the back of the case so the picture can be seen or what ever takes your fancy like a lock of hair or a pressed flower or some other treasure that you have. You can make it unique to your own taste.
The case has besides the cut outs for camera up/down/on/off buttons and speakers has plug type cut outs for the charger and earplug socket which you pull out to use the push back when not in use so no dust can get in.There is also cutout for attaching a cord type lariat in the bottom L/H corner of the long side of the case.
This is an excellent case and merits the full 5 STARS.
This is my unbiased review of LG G4 Case - Ringke FUSION ***COMPATIBLE with LEATHER LG G4
Reviewed by Andy C
P.S. not all cases for the LG G4 will do for the leather type,so be careful and make sure that it is a compatible one.
Comment Comment | Permalink

New Crystal Clear Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Gel Case Skin Cover Protector Gloss TPU Silicone Phone Protector (Galaxy Note 4 2014 Release) from The Keep Talking Shop® Accessories (Crystal Clear)
Offered by Keep Talking Shop Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars TPU Silicone Phone Protector, 26 May 2016
Got this for the wife it is absolutely fab Worth every penny. With it being clear you can customize it to what you want.Put a photo inside the back of the case so the picture can be seen or what ever takes your fancy like a lock of hair or pressed flower. You can make it unique to your taste.
The case is a tight fit made from soft and flexible plastic shockproof TPU silicone gel.It is a form-fitting case which is shock-absorbent and provides better protection against impacts without adding extra bulk.With its Anti-slip and Anti-scratch properties resulting in a more positive grip and resilient robust protection, delivering protection against impact, scratches, dirt, dust, and everyday hazards. The case has the precise cutouts and moulding which allows full access to all ports, buttons, cameras.Its certainly a hit with our family so much th I and my daughters have all got them now for our phones An unbiased review by Andy C

SanDisk Ultra Android 32 GB microSDHC Class 10 Memory Card and SD Adapter upto 80 Mbps - Frustration Free Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars SanDisk Ultra Android 32 GB microSDHC Class 10 Memory Card and SD Adapter upto 80 Mbps, 26 May 2016
Easy to use, all you do is insert it into the device either as it is or in a carrier. I got a couple of these to use in my Sony Tablet and Raspberry P and they work brilliantly.You can use them straight away or format them via windows or on the device itself. eg: put it in a phone go to settings-storage click on sd card and format with the phone. These products I have used all the time in my tablet for playing movies and transferring apps to and have also used them in my camera for taking video and photos, The quality and speed the camera writes to them is first class. As for Raspberry Pi, I use it to put linux on and kodi as a home theater media center.they are of excellent quality and build. SanDisk Ultra microSDHC and microSDXC cards are water proof, temperature proof, shock proof, X-ray proof and magnet proof. The SanDisk Ultra card is rated Class 10 for Full HD video and comes with a SD adapter. This is an unbiased review on this product.
Andy C

6 Pairs Men's Plain Boxer Shorts Underwear, Classic Cotton Rich Boxers By Sockstack® (X-Large (40"-42"/102-107cm))
Offered by Sock Stack

5.0 out of 5 stars Value 4 Money 6 Pairs of Boxers, 26 May 2016
good value for money at the price I paid I can't grumble. The only downfall for me is I'm not a button man and thats what they are.

Case-Mate Folio Case for Sony Xperia Z Tablet - Black
Case-Mate Folio Case for Sony Xperia Z Tablet - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Case-Mate Folio Case for Sony Xperia Z Table, 23 Feb. 2016
Hi I bought this for the Xperia Z Tablet MKI the very first model. I am really chuffed with it, As it is strong and protective in all ways ( a bit like the one for my Samsung 10" P-7510 ). The colour is Black and it fits my Tab perfectly.The tab slides in the case. Plus as an extra the case acts as a stand for the tab as well as protecting it which is a great feature.The material is a kind of hard polymer which has 2 creases manufactured in to it to help it become a stand. I really love this case for what it is and what it does.If I was to rate this out of a hundred I would give this 95 and the reason for that is this: My only complaint I have is that there is no access to charge the tab up with the case closed. I.e the outer cover part covers up the charging port. (But if you are handy with a small craft knife then you can do what I did and make a cut out just aCase-Mate Folio Case for Sony Xperia Z Tablet - Black little bigger than the port and then flick the port open and slide the tab into the case and then you can charge it up with the case closed or with the case open) If the manufacture had done this then I would have given it 100/100. I do hope that this helps and gives insight to anyone who is thinking of purchasing this product.
reviewed by Andy Cowdell
Comment Comment | Permalink

Long Life Lamp Company G9 Halogen Light Bulb Capsule Lamp, 40 W - Warm White, Pack of 10
Offered by Strictly Lamps

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Nov. 2014
again brilliant enough said...will use again

Page: 1 | 2