Profile for Alex Scott > Reviews

Alex Scott

Royal & Langnickel Essentials Sketch Box Set
Royal & Langnickel Essentials Sketch Box Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality set, 21 Jun 2014
Bought these as a gift for my girlfriend who enjoys art, I know little of the stuff, so I didn't want to break the bank buying something she didn't like. She was delighted when she say this, excellent present and she tells me they're great quality.

Will certainly buy again from Royal & Langnickel

Corsair CML16GX3M2A1600C9 Vengeance Low Profile 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz CL 9 XMP Performance Desktop Memory Kit Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 21 Jun 2014
Bought this to pair with a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, it's quite a big heat sink so I couldn't go for the normal Corsair Vengeance stuff, this RAM fit perfectly. Had a massive boost in performance (I use to be using 6GB 1333mhz RAM).

NEW CRAZY CURLY NOVELTY COLOURED STRAW Party Bag Filler Girl Boys Childrens Kids - 4 STRAWS

5.0 out of 5 stars Straws, 21 Jun 2014
My girlfriend loves straws so I bought these.

10/10 would buy these again if I needed more straws, which is unlikely as these are quite durable.

RAVPower® Element Portable External Battery Charger / Power Bank (10400mAh, iSmart, Dual USB) - Black
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Unit, 21 Jun 2014
Just bought this as my first battery bank, I have an iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 4s and a Nexus 7, which is rarely used, I wanted a backup battery as I regularly take my iPad and iPhone out with me often for work. I quite often find myself losing battery, especially when I have Wifi/Bluetooth/3G turned on so I wanted something that held a decent amount of power and something that was quite discreet.

This product is perfect for me! It ticks all my boxes; holds plenty of charge, is fairly small (11cm long x 7 cm across x 2cm deep) it can output 2.1A & 1A so it can charge my iPad and iPhone fine! It feels very sturdy and well built I don't think it will fail on my anytime soon.

it also comes with a mesh style pouch, 2 x USB to Mini cables, 1 x USB Mini to Micro adapter and 1 adapter that I thought was a 30 pin adapter for older iPhones and iPads however it doesn't fit that so it must be some adapter i'm not familiar with.

It also came with more than 50% of charge (You can press the power button and it will indicate with 4 LED's how much charge there is).

Overall a very good unit, worth the price and after reading the reviews of some of the cheaper ones I'm glad I went for this unit. Will certainly buy from Ravpower again.

Dunlop Formula 65 Lemon Oil 4oz Pump
Dunlop Formula 65 Lemon Oil 4oz Pump
Offered by RST Music

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great product., 16 Mar 2014
Really great, lasts so much longer than my Planet Waves fret cleaner and does the job just as well, for cheaper!

Piranha PC21w Large CORNER COMPUTER DESK
Piranha PC21w Large CORNER COMPUTER DESK
Offered by Piranha Trading Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great product!, 16 Mar 2014
This desk is really a winner! I wasn't so sure about it as first because of the price, I thought there has to be some catch? Poor quality parts, complicated to put together, not as described?

None of those! This is a really great unit and it all seem to be made of high quality parts. Spare screws were provided, and the construction was fairly simple. I would recommend having at least 2 people to help putting it together, and an electric screw driver if you have one (It will save you a lot of time).

The instructions were well diagramed, there's quite a few pieces of wood as you can imagine and a lot of screws so I advise to lay everything out, everything has a part number sticker on it so that really helps.

Once the unit has been put together and you've finished arguing with your partner about how to build flat pack furniture, it's a well sized desk. The diagram of the lengths of the unit are accurate, and it's incredibly spacious. One thing I will add, there is a unit underneath the desk which I believe is designed for computers. If you have a MID or FULL size ATX PC case, it will be too long for this unit. So I just put the unit on top of my desk and put papers and other things in it, quite a handy thing and my PC easily fits in the middle underneath part of the desk.

The desk will hold a lot of weight, I don't know how much exactly but I currently have a lot of stuff on the desk. I currently have 1 PC monitor, I plan to put on another, I have 4 speakers, 2 of which weigh about 6kg each.

Overall this a great desk, I can't really see any downsides! The fact you can move the shorter side around is great, and it's not hard to construct. Instructions are well documented and easy to follow. Would recommend the Piranha desk 10/10. Will definitely buy from them again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 11, 2014 4:39 PM BST

Neewer TT520 Flash Speedlite for Canon Nikon Sony Panasonic Olympus Fujifilm Pentax Sigma Minolta Leica and Other SLR Digital SLR Film SLR Cameras and Digital Cameras with single-contact Hot Shoe
Offered by iTekLife Global

5.0 out of 5 stars Really greet flashgun, 26 Dec 2013
For the price this thing is great, it doesn't have some high end features like zoom but for the price I don't think there's anything else at this price point. Works flawlessly with my Nikon D40 (but not perfectly well with my Dads Nikon D60. The flash is powerful, deco recommend these.

Actesso Advanced Wrist Support Splint (Medium, Right)
Actesso Advanced Wrist Support Splint (Medium, Right)
Offered by Actesso Medical Supports Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 Mar 2013
I am an IT Technician who spends most of his day typing, I also play guitar in a band so my wrists get a lot of usage, I figured I needed some sort of support and didn't want to get the ones provides by the NHS as according to reviews, they're nowhere near as good.

These however are brilliant after a week I was seeing results and I stopped wearing them after about 3 or 4 weeks.

They are quite restrictive, I still could type but not at my full speed but I certainly couldn't play guitar while wearing these, I do still recommend them though!

Don't settle for poor quality, these have held up really well and have not let me down.

Upgrading and Repairing PCs (Upgrading & Repairing PC's (W/DVD))
Upgrading and Repairing PCs (Upgrading & Repairing PC's (W/DVD))
by Scott Mueller

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely pleased, 1 Mar 2012
Whether an IT professional or just interested in it, provides a good read and so much knowledge. I keep it at work, very useful.

Live from Amsterdam (Deluxe Edition With Bonus DVD)
Live from Amsterdam (Deluxe Edition With Bonus DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it!, 1 Mar 2012
If you're an Alter Bridge fan, like me, you'll love this. Hands down. Got some new and old stuff on this and it's all amazing! Was a little upset with the delivery, was using Amazon Prime and it wasn't delivered by the guarantee'd date, but that's not the sellers fault I don't think. The quality is amazing and worth the money, get it.