Profile for N. Harris > Reviews

N. Harris (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars aerial to 3 TV usage, 15 Jan 2014
Works perfectly. My loft aerial with 2 way splitter needed to feed 3 TV's when we added a new TV to a spare room. This item worked a treat and after watching a video on YouTube about using F Plugs I was away! Job done in less than half an hour.

Expower(R) QI standard Wireless Charger for Google Nexus 5 and Goole Nexus 7 II FHD Tablet and Goole Nexus 4 and Samsung galaxy S5 note3 S4 S3 note2 and NOKIA Lumia 920 and 820 and Iphone5s Iphone5
Offered by Smart techonology
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars better than I expected, 15 Jan 2014
Item much better than I expected. The charging light is red for not charging and green means it is charging. I use this for my new Nexus 7 which is larger than the charging device. To see the charging light, I just traverse the Nexus so that it sits across the width of the charger. The thing I am most pleased about is that I don't need to remove my Nexus from the Mofred case I have it in which is brilliant. The first impressions with the unboxing is that this is a quality item which is always nice. A 3 pin AC power socket with USB input and cable is included. I found the supplied cable a little short so I changed it which is obviously not a problem. If you are interested in a wireless charger go for this and don't hold back.

LCD TV Wall Mount Bracket. Fully Adjustable and suitable for 15" 17" 19" 20" 22" 23" LCD TVs
Offered by Cable Mountain
Price: 13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good item and good price, 21 Nov 2013
Used this bracket to mount a 19" TV in the bedroom a couple of weeks ago. Very solid and allows a good range of movement. Some reviewers have complained about fixings becoming loose. I'm not sure that it was necessary but I added a blob of blue threadlock which will allow me to make adjustments if needed without bolts coming loose on their own. I also used B&D Piranha hollow wall fixings rather than those supplied which worked a treat. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this item selling at a great price.

Megaman Ingenium Mini GLS Bulb 9w ES Warm White 15k Hr GA709i
Megaman Ingenium Mini GLS Bulb 9w ES Warm White 15k Hr GA709i
Offered by Tom Machin
Price: 16.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Buying bulbs from Amazon - not a bright idea, 15 Aug 2013
I can't comment on how good the bulb is. It arrived totally crushed in a Amazon DVD or book style box. Obviously I sent it straight back.

Under Armour Men's Belt with Logo white Size:M
Under Armour Men's Belt with Logo white Size:M

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy a smaller size, 15 Aug 2013
Belt quality is good as I hoped at this price. Unfortunately the sizing is wrong. Medium (32" waist) would better suit a 34 or 36 waist. So this belt will sit in my draw waiting for me to put weight on which is not something I'm in a hurry to do.

Petite by Aagaard Murano glass bead with sterling silver and gold plated core
Petite by Aagaard Murano glass bead with sterling silver and gold plated core
Offered by Lovethelinks
Price: 19.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice little link but check size for your bracelet, 28 Dec 2012
A search of "Lovelinks" and "gold" took me to this item. It's a nice item but unfortunately, too small and wont thread onto for my wife's Lovelinks bracelet. I guess the word 'Petite' should have rung a bell?? Anyway, the seller accepted the return item and arranged a prompt refund.

Draper 23540 Polypropylene Drain Rod Set
Draper 23540 Polypropylene Drain Rod Set
Price: 54.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Flexible yet strong, 28 Dec 2012
Having failed to shift a kitchen waste blockage with the Draper drain unblocker (snake), I decided to increase my arsenal with these rods. The quality of the Draper Drain Unblocker was okay (as are most Draper products that I own) and having read the other reviews, I decided to maintain my Draper loyalty. In practice the rods are strong, flexible and brass joints are solid and secure. I cleaned down the rods as they came out with a rag and used an old bicycle inner tube for grip to tighten / untighten the rods; do i also need to say "only turn the rods clockwise"? Having spent the day with these rods and failing to cure a slow draining kitchen sink problem, I solved my blockage with Cillit Bang Active Foam Cleaner - here's a link. Please read my review for the Draper Drain Unblocker for the full story....Cillit Bang Active Foam Soapscum and Shower (Pack of 3)Draper 22171 4.7m Drain Cleaner

Draper 22171 4.7m Drain Cleaner
Draper 22171 4.7m Drain Cleaner
Price: 16.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work....Cleared with Cillit Bang ;-), 28 Dec 2012
The blockage I purchased this item for was somewhere in the kitchen waste pipe resulting in a very slow draining sink and a sink full of washing machine water when the appliance drained. Having established that that the connecting pipes and U trap beneath the sink were clear by removoing and inspecting them I sent off for this item. This is the first blockage I have ever had to deal with. The Draper drain cleaner is easy to use and in no time I was 4 meters into the drain by feeding through a short horizontal section connected to a vertical pipe that leads to the drain underground. Some people have complained about the screw thread failing. My advice would be to only use finger pressure and dont over tighten with pliers. Follow the simple instructions included and you'll be fine. I will be keeping this device as it may well clear a blockage at some point in the future.....Not wanting to throw in the the towell and call in the pros, I ordered the Draper drain unblocking rods and attacked the blockage from the manhole cover end of the drain. Again the product seemed okay but after spending nearly the whole day rodding ;-) my sink drain seemed as slow as ever and yes, it failed the washing machine test too. I spent the evening feeling gutted and started searching drain unblocking services when I had a brain wave. I had tried one of those chemical sink unblockers which I poured down the sink. I really wanted to get it into the vertical waste pipe but had no way of getting it in without spilling it. Before going to bed I had a rummage under the sink looking for something suitable. There it was in front of me - Cillit Bang Active Foam Cleaner. I dont know how good this product is. I must admit the TV advert alone would be enough to put me off buying it, however, as the product is projected from a aerosol rather than poured from the container, I decided to give it a go. I uncoupled the U trap (yet again)and held the can up against the waste pipe and squirted. I recall a satisfying feeling that I was getting a good amount of the stuff directly into the waste pipe with no mess. I knew that the foam would expand so I blocked off the entrance with a coaster to stop it spilling back out. After about 30 seconds I re-connected the U trap and went to bed with my fingers crossed. In the morning I filled a large bowl of hot soapy water and emptied it down the sink. YES, the water drained away without gathering. Next the washing machine. YES, YES, the water wasn't forced up into the sink but followed its intended course. Maybe all that snaking and rodding helped? All I know is that before I used Cillit Bang Active Foam Cleaner, I had a blocked pipe that drained slowly but after using it I had a normal draining sink. Drain blockages can be anywhere and what works to clear one blockage wont work for another. Here is a link to the actual product I used. Cillit Bang Active Foam Soapscum and Shower (Pack of 3).

Sub Sports DUAL Men's Compression Baselayer Long Sleeve Top - Large, White
Sub Sports DUAL Men's Compression Baselayer Long Sleeve Top - Large, White
Price: 24.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool, 16 July 2012
Bought these along with the tights to make life easier when slipping in and out of motorcycle leathers. I haven't worn in the colder months yet but for summer their great. I felt instantly cooler the moment I slipped these on. They also remind me I can still lose a few pounds which is no bad thing! I went for a size larger than normal and I was so glad I did. They still feel like a second skin.

Drift Suction Mount All Models Accessory - Black
Drift Suction Mount All Models Accessory - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Copy of a Panavise PV809, 23 Feb 2012
You could be happy with this product until you discover it is a cheap copy of a Panavise PV809. You will be even less happy when you find you could have bought exactly the same item as this from ebay for 4 including shipping from Hong Kong!
The Panavise PV809 is all metal construction and has much better suction properties available from UK retailers for around 25 + shipping. I've just ordered one to replace this item that probably wont be used now.There are some interesting comparison videos on YouTube.

Page: 1 | 2