Profile for London Girl > Reviews

Content by London Girl

London Girl "London Girl" (London, England)

Someday, Someday, Maybe
Someday, Someday, Maybe
by Lauren Graham

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved the book - read even if you're not a Lauren fan, 16 April 2014
A fun read- reminded me a bit of a blog I used to follow " this fish needs a bicycle" and the book "I was told there would be cake": both of which I loved.
I didn't quite follow the diary bits but overall I loved this book. I didn't want it to end! Read even if you don't know or like Lauren. It might be semi autobiographical but that doesn't change the fact that us a great book.

Tech Armor Premium HD Clear Screen Protector for Apple iPad Mini - Retail Packaging (Pack of 3)
Offered by Tech Armor UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to fit- no bubbles!, 16 April 2014
Really good product and price was very good. You. An get cheaper but I've had bad experiences with bubbles, unsticking etc. But this was great- came with wiper and cardboard to remove bubbles.
Only feedback would be the instructions were a tiny bit confusing (I only realised I should remove a top layer after rereading !)

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying: A simple, effective way to banish clutter forever
by Marie Kondo

4.0 out of 5 stars A "mindfulness" approach to tidying. And fascinating insight into parts of Japanese culture, 16 April 2014
Read about Marie Kondo in the newspaper and ordered this book right away: it arrived the next day with Amazon Prime! Marie herself would approve: she talks at length about reading books at the moment you get them and they inspire you. And discarding if you don't. And that's the crux of the book- mindfulness and appreciating the moment and applying that to tidy ness.

The book is cute: having seen a photo of the young author I could just imagine her emptying her handbag every night and "thanking" it. It's a real insight into a different cultural approach to our belongings. Although it's very focused on Japanese living- small spaces, a particular kind of cupboard- it's applicable to anyone whatever their space constraint.
I lined the cross between self help and how to.... I'm a woman but she deals with both genders habits well.

At one point I'd wished for photos or a video but I think this would distract from the books essence. I liked that it wasn't a celebrity or based on any tv shows where they makeover people (although I love those shows!)

As others have said, Marie doesn't say what to do with these things eg charity shop or homeless or eBay- although maybe that's not very Japanese? My mother and I followed the book : my mum got impatient that I didn't sort my photos first but focused on everything else, and I got annoyed that she (my mother) didn't want to organise a table-top sale of unwanted items for charity. She dud more sort g whereas I tried discarding. It's not easy though!

But as with everything you take away what you want from the book. The clothes part was excellent. And having a designated spot for everything is really good advice. I loved the way it was written easy font and length and the author's chatty style.

Okay, I'm off to empty my handbag and change into my loungewear. Thank you Marie for inspiring me (although I won't discard your book, I'll lend it out. Is that allowed?!)

How to Lose Belly Fat Fast For Men and Women
How to Lose Belly Fat Fast For Men and Women

4.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new but great for a free product, 14 April 2014
I think I got this for free and if it was then it was a pretty easy download and buy.
Covers the usual weight loss tips without new fangled or faddish stuff.
Recommended.