Profile for Crisis!What Crisis! > Reviews

Content by Crisis!What Cr...

Crisis!What Crisis! "Again!!!" (SW Scotland)

Smut
Smut
Price: 0.79

5.0 out of 5 stars "1970's Oz Filth"Brilliant!!, 23 Dec 2013
This review is from: Smut (MP3 Download)
I had this on a bootlegged album back in the 70's.I think they were the first gay band I'd heard and thought that the lyrics were hilarious.I think they still sound as dangerous today.Unfortunately the cassette didn't belong to me exclusively and was re-acquired. Hmmm.....I wonder where Wee Ronnie is now?

Infinity Divine
Infinity Divine

5.0 out of 5 stars Divine Infinity, 23 Dec 2013
This review is from: Infinity Divine (MP3 Download)
Like the other 4 studio albums Infinity Divine is Flawless technically and musically. Great pounding driving prog rock/metal,a nice smooth clean sound to the production,and especially the drums.What you need is Good headphones,a "spirit starcruiser" of your own going on if you get the idea and wait for "At The Graves".

Dream Theater
Dream Theater
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best so far., 23 Dec 2013
This review is from: Dream Theater (MP3 Download)
I was considering not buying anymore DT as they were getting samey and seemed to be recycling some of their old stuff.Anyway
I relented and glad I did. This is their album ever.Not a bad track here..except the last few minutes.Why??
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 23, 2013 11:21 PM GMT

Heavenly Ecstasy
Heavenly Ecstasy

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavenly hard rock, 25 Sep 2013
This review is from: Heavenly Ecstasy (MP3 Download)
The best album I've heard in a long time(since there last album,Gods Conception).I'm a DT fan but these guys do it that bit better.Its impossible to pick a favorite track as each one is fantastic. Brilliant vocals,amazing shredding and sequencing,and drums and bass that are tighter than two coats of paint.Normally I drone tediously about the guitarists in a band,but shit,listen to this drummer.Honestly,thunderous applause for the heart pounding rhythm section. Truly all performing as one hand clap.
There next album cant come quick enough.

Organic
Organic

5.0 out of 5 stars Freaked out, 10 July 2013
This review is from: Organic (MP3 Download)
This is my second Freak kitchen album and like the first(Move)it is instantly enjoyable.I had no idea how talented ME was or that his performance within a band would be so complete.I thought I would be raving about the amazing guitars but its the vocals that stand out for me.As with MOVE the melodies,harmonies and arraignments are superb,as well as a great voice and range
and fantastic lyrics that actually mean something to me.Totally brilliant guitarist and vocalist and although it might be metal I imagine most of the tracks would get good radio airplay.Buy it.No disappointments in here.

Move
Move

5.0 out of 5 stars Get Freaked, 4 July 2013
This review is from: Move (MP3 Download)
My first intro to Mattias Eklundh was FREAK GUITAR & THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED,two brilliant albums. If you've only heard the vocals on Happy Hour and thought Eklundh had a reasonable voice then you need to hear this album.He has on of the best voices in rock as far as I'm concerned.Powerful,melodic,smooth and at the same time pleasant to listen to.There are also plenty of great backing harmonies from Eklundh too.On top of that,some of the tracks he sings over don't have straight forward time signatures so live playing wont be easy.As expected his guitar playing is flawless and brilliant.
My simple imagination tells me that this is what Heavy Metal would sound like if it was arranged and produced by Freddy Mercury. Thats not an insult,just the way my head works.I'll be getting more Freak Kitchen in the near future.
This is a brilliant album.

Behringer VD400 Vintage Delay Effects Pedal
Behringer VD400 Vintage Delay Effects Pedal
Price: 19.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Behringers build quality???, 3 Jan 2013
The instructions say that there is no on/off switch and this feature is activated and deactivated by inserting and removing your guitar leads.When in fact there is a switch.Its located under the foot pedal inside the battery compartment and can be operated by poking it a few times with a long nail.Otherwise you'll end up with a dead battery Once the pedal/batt cover hinges break it wont be as fiddly and once the battery connections inside the pedal snap you wont have to do it at all. Its compact. Sound quality's OK.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 25, 2013 4:45 AM BST