Profile for N. Batcheler > Reviews

Content by N. Batcheler

N. Batcheler (London United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
TRIXES Black Comfort Wrist Gel Rest Support Mat Mouse Mice Pad
TRIXES Black Comfort Wrist Gel Rest Support Mat Mouse Mice Pad
Offered by Digiflex

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice for a while..., 16 May 2015
Worked well at first, was pretty comfortable, certainly better than a simple flat mat. Unfortunately after a short time the gel wrist support burst - unattended, I just sat down at the PC and there was gel (silicone?) oozing out! So I've cut that section off with a pair of scissors and now have a small flat mousemat...

Omron M2 Basic Blood Pressure Monitor
Omron M2 Basic Blood Pressure Monitor
Offered by Medideals

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice bit of kit, 3 Sept. 2014
What's not to like, appears well made, works well, and assuming it's accurate very good value. Recommended.

A Greedy Man in a Hungry World: How (Almost) Everything You Thought You Knew About Food Is Wrong
by Jay Rayner

4.0 out of 5 stars Well maybe some of what I thought about food was wrong...maybe, 3 Sept. 2014
I used to detest Jay Rayner based solely on his appearances on Masterchef where he comes across as an arrogant and opinionated oaf, but actually he's very amusing. Still arrogant and opinionated of course, but entertaining with it. This book, despite the reviews I read, doesn't really turn everything I thought about food and it's production on it's head but does put a slightly different point of view forward as opposed to the popular opinions about grub (organic, sustainability, supermarket satans etc). He makes some valid points but I'm not sure it'll change my life. His documentary style is interspersed with autobiographical tales which often don't seem particularly relevant to the subject, but are interesting all the same. Worth a read.

London Under
London Under
by Peter Ackroyd

3.0 out of 5 stars "London Under London" is better, 3 Sept. 2014
This review is from: London Under (Paperback)
Fairly interesting, but only fairly. I found "London under London" a far more interesting book since it concentrated on the factual descriptions and stories about what goes on, or has gone on, under London. Ackroyd's book is somewhat more flowery and not really my cup of tea, but each to their own.

Culinare 20 Hour Digital Timer
Culinare 20 Hour Digital Timer

1.0 out of 5 stars 20 minutes, not 20 hours!, 3 Sept. 2014
Hopeless. Despite being advertised as a 20 hour timer, the two that I received are good for only 20 minutes - they have the words 'hour' and 'minute' next to the setting buttons but actually it counts down (or up) in minutes and seconds, and this is confirmed in the instructions where it clearly states 'Max 19 minutes and 59 seconds'. This is useless to me as I bought them for use as cooking timers and while I don't need 20 hours I do need longer than 20 minutes! I can only imagine that the supplier has changed the spec without informing Amazon, presumably by mistake. So they're going back tomorrow...

Kirkland Signature Extra Strength Glucosamine HCI 1500mg, With MSM 1500 mg, 375-Count Tablets

1.0 out of 5 stars Not 1500mg!, 18 Feb. 2014
Just received these so haven't had a chance to evaluate them, BUT they are not, apparently, 1500mg tablets - the label states 1500mg per serving of two tablets. So instead of a year's supply you get six months. Very misleading and in small type on the label. Oh I do hate being misled...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2015 12:56 PM GMT

Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR Digital Camera (16MP EXR-CMOS Sensor, 30x Manual Optical Zoom) 3 inch Tiltable LCD Screen

1.0 out of 5 stars Dead on arrival, 5 Oct. 2013
Well that's not a good start, opened the box, charged the battery, put it in, dead. Nothing. Nada. I suspect the charger is faulty but who knows, it's going back to Amazon for replacement. Hopefully the replacement will work...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 16, 2014 6:03 PM GMT

Fujifilm FinePix S4500 Digital Camera (14MP, 30x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD Screen

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I'd hoped..., 18 Feb. 2013
I bought this to replace my Finepix S7000 which has served me very well since it was bought in 2005 but was beginning to play up a bit and I was worried about it failing completely on me -I use my camera for work and rely heavily on it. The S7000 probably cost three times what I paid for the S4500 but is much lower spec, so this looked like a bargain. It's got a nice big rear display, build quality is fine (except for the battery door which is very flimsy) and an impressive zoom. It's early days but I'm finding that the focus is always a bit off and the photos are never as sharp as with the S7000 which is very disappointing - good price and and higher spec is a nice idea but pretty hopeless when the photos aren't very good! I shall persevere but I've tried all kinds of different settings and still not impressed with the results. As opposed to the Canon SX50 which I also bought recently and is fantastic but guess what, three times the price...there's a lesson here somewhere!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2013 2:54 PM GMT

HooToo®, 5w CREE LED Flashlight Torch,300 lums
HooToo®, 5w CREE LED Flashlight Torch,300 lums

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright light, 26 Oct. 2012
Nice torch, very bright for an LED, not particularly cheap though and since I ordered this at the same time as a cycling front light twin pack with rear light for 10.99 with very similar features (same brand front light)from a different supplier I feel a bit hard done by!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 2, 2013 3:22 PM GMT

SAVFY® 2 X CREE LED Bike Bicycle Cycle Head Front Lamp Flashlight Torch up to 270 lm + 5 LED Rear Light Kit Set (2212)
Offered by GMEX Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain!, 26 Oct. 2012
I ordered this as a cheap light set for my second bike, very pleased, 2 x front lights and one rear light, very bright front lights and perfectly capable rear, very good for the money and recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3