Profile for Mr. J. Ballard > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. Ballard

Mr. J. Ballard "Jazz Lover" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
7 Classic Albums [Audio CD] Nina Simone
7 Classic Albums [Audio CD] Nina Simone
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 9.45

1.0 out of 5 stars Only three of the four discs included (in the cellophane shrink-wrapped CD jewel box), 6 Aug 2014
Arrived with only three (2 - 4) of the four discs advertised and mentioned in the packaging. I was gutted because I planned to take this item away with me on holiday.

ICON - The Best Of Blue Note
ICON - The Best Of Blue Note
Price: 6.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic CD!, 15 May 2014
At a time devoid of any meaningful sense of zeitgeist it's incredibly refreshing to reconnect with music that is so substantive, soulful and relevant. My busy life means that I do most of my music listening in the car, so this great, great double CD has proven to be a great hit adding colour and brio to the daily commute, and something I enthuse about to family, friends and work colleagues.

The Small Business Start-up Workbook
The Small Business Start-up Workbook
Price: 5.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and instructive book, 10 Mar 2014
Definitely worth a read, although I'm only 27% through it on my Kindle. However, I have become sufficient enthused by what I've read to send my daughter a hardcopy version, figuring that it will help her evaluate future life options; not just now, but in the years ahead.

Seiko 5 SNK809K2 AUTOMATIC SNK809
Seiko 5 SNK809K2 AUTOMATIC SNK809
Offered by Blue Shop
Price: 79.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value timepiece, 1 Mar 2014
I love this watch, so much so that I bought two of them: one black, and one blue. Sure they lose time if not worn; that's because they are powered by kinetic energy, but I quite like the retro aspect of putting the time right by listening to the pips. Just think of all the money you save on batteries.

Model DS101 C# major beginner level Shinobue Japanese bamboo flute
Model DS101 C# major beginner level Shinobue Japanese bamboo flute
Offered by carrotmusic-store
Price: 10.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value with a great, deep reedy timbre on the low notes, 1 Mar 2014
A fantastic, value for money instrument. I'm learning to play the yamaha fife as a prerequisite for the flute and bought this instrument as a novelty. I love it.

Work From Home
Work From Home
Price: 5.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Rich on homespun philosophy, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: Work From Home (Kindle Edition)
Generally good, but I'm not astounded. I felt it could have spent less time on discredited pseudo psychological analysis (even Carl Jung distanced himself from his 1921 Psychological Types about four weeks after its publication) and more on practical checklists. It's been my observation that a lot of books in this genre don't quite hit the spot, either name checking madly or incapable of describing the prerequisites for successful self employment / entrepreneurialism.

Pabobo Musical Star Projector (Grey)
Pabobo Musical Star Projector (Grey)
Price: 22.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't last long, 11 Jan 2014
Our 2 children initially loved this, the stars and music were soothing and it quickly became part of our bedtime routine. Unfortunately after less than 3 months use the sound quality has deteriorated and is awful, poor volume and tinny. It is positioned where the children cannot reach it, it hasn't been dropped and the batteries have been changed (new Duracell) so there is no obvious reason for this change. Overall a good idea but a poor quality product for the price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 19, 2014 9:35 PM BST

OLPro The Wichenford 8 Berth Tent - Grey
OLPro The Wichenford 8 Berth Tent - Grey
Price: 285.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Expectations, 1 Jan 2014
Really looking forward to many happy adventures with my two little ones this summer; what great value and a stunning looking, high specification product.

Integral Key 16GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive
Integral Key 16GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive
Price: 9.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant VFM, 1 Jan 2014
Brilliant value for money and looks pretty cool too; just what I wanted. Arrived promptly, as specified so one very happy customer.

The Meme Machine (Popular Science)
The Meme Machine (Popular Science)
Price: 4.12

4.0 out of 5 stars Read Susan Blackmore's other books, 1 Jan 2014
I was impressed by Susan Blackmore's A Very Short Introduction to Consciousness, so thought I'd give this book a whirl.

Page: 1 | 2