Profile for J. Dabill > Reviews

Content by J. Dabill

J. Dabill (Guildford)

Page: 1 | 2
Kamikaze Kangaroos!: 20,000 Miles Around Australia. One Van,Two Girls... And An Idiot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny well written and full of adventure, 3 Aug 2014
I came across the first Tony James Slater book (that bear at my pants) by accident, but I was quickly hooked and bought all three. This is the best of the lot, funny moving at parts and you get a real feel for the adventure and people they all met on route. Cant wait for book number 4.

Don't Need The Whole Dog!
Don't Need The Whole Dog!

5.0 out of 5 stars His first book "that bear ate my pants" was so good I rushed out (well online) to buy this, 14 July 2014
Very well written and very funny. I highly recommend.

Aqua-Quest 'The Guide' Waterproof & Ultra Lightweight Silicone Sil Tarp - 2 x 3 Medium Green Model
Offered by Gear Out Here EU

5.0 out of 5 stars made a nice porch for our Outwell Cleveland 5p, 14 July 2014
Wanted to make a porch for our dome tent so that we could have the door open in the rain. This plus 2 poles plus some bungy attachments worked a treat.

Free Country: A Penniless Adventure the Length of Britain
Free Country: A Penniless Adventure the Length of Britain

5.0 out of 5 stars A laugh a minute, 14 July 2014
A very inspiring story and well written, in a naturally comic style. I am just about to buy another book from the same author.

The King's Speech: Based on the Recently Discovered Diaries of Lionel Logue
The King's Speech: Based on the Recently Discovered Diaries of Lionel Logue

4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely story, 5 May 2014
This is not the story of the film, but is the back story. But well worth a read to get a view of the history of this great story.

In Stitches: The Highs and Lows of Life as an AandE Doctor
In Stitches: The Highs and Lows of Life as an AandE Doctor

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, 5 May 2014
Very funny stories. Its a short book. Nice easy reading, Great for reading on the commute as there are nice short stories/ chapters.

Seized!: A Sea Captain's Adventures Battling Pirates and Recovering Stolen Ships in the World's Most Troubled Waters

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 5 May 2014
A great read for anyone who is interested in tales from the sea. The author tells some very engaging stories.

Sunoptic OR10A Gunmetal Reading Glasses - Strength +2.00 Incl. Case
Sunoptic OR10A Gunmetal Reading Glasses - Strength +2.00 Incl. Case

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke on first use, 5 May 2014
I liked the idea of the solid case. But the implementation is very poor. The glasses simply fit too tightly. So either the glasses sat half out of the case - making it useless. Just when I thought I had the angle just right to slide it in I pushed with a small amount of resistance - and then when I pulled the glasses out one of the arms had snapped.

So good idea but quality is very poor, the design is not good enough.

Kudos to Amazon for a quick refund following my complaint.

Luxury Fleece Cradle Dog Bed Size Large
Luxury Fleece Cradle Dog Bed Size Large
Offered by Wolfybeds - Click here for our full range!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jasper loves it, 5 May 2014
Our Cocker Spaniel Jasper loves it, although he still prefers the sofa given half the chance!
Very nice size giving him lots of room, the shape has held well so far after 3 months. The inner mat is well padded and makes it comfortable.

LED Headlight - Ring Cyba-Lite
LED Headlight - Ring Cyba-Lite

4.0 out of 5 stars Good small head touch., 5 May 2014
I have no problems with this product. It is a small simple well priced headlight. For its size it is reasonably bright.

But at the same time I bought this I also bought a SuperLED 3 Watt 160 Lumens Metal CREE LED.The idea was this Ring Cyba lte woudl be used by my daughter and I would use the larger torch.
But there is no comparison with the light so ended up buying another of the SuperLED 3 Watt 160 Lumens Metal CREE LED Head Torch Headlight

So it depends what you want. If you want a small compact headlight and you are not too worried about it lighting up a long way then this is OK. If you are really looking for a brighter head torch I would look elsewhere but you have tom compromise no size and weight.

Page: 1 | 2